You guys/gals with the Friedman Phil X

Matt300ZXT

What do you think of it? Do you still have it? Did you sell it right away? Was it just a passing fancy? I dig what I hear coming out of the amp...granted, it is Phil X making it sound like that. I dig that it sounds so good with just the Les Paul he has plugged in it without an overdriver.

It seems like all of a sudden a bunch have come up for sale . Sam Ass has one in my town I'd like to try but It kinda reminds me of a Jcm800 /Jmp with a 2nd master volume and I have 2 of those old Marshalls

It seems like all of a sudden a bunch have come up for sale . Sam Ass has one in my town I'd like to try but It kinda reminds me of a Jcm800 /Jmp with a 2nd master volume and I have 2 of those old Marshalls
And you already have a "Freidman". 😉

Columbus, oh for 2699?

Are you kidding me? It’s the best sounding amp ever. MIND BLOWING!

I just can’t figure out how someone posted one for sell with my login information. Creepy.

I just don’t need it and the Steve stevens v2 amp. They sound so close. I have the matching 4x12 for the Stevens so……

Anything I like the best on a gig worthy amp is 2 volumes.
Yeah, the second MV is really the best way for a true solo volume boost. I just always get stuck between wanting to push the gain for solos but maybe having a tad too much for rhythm. So being able to tap that mini toggle over for leads would work well for me.

But I use the X with pedals more than my other amps because it seems to really change with different ODs and speaker cabs more than my other similar amps.

I just rotate ODs, boosts and treble boosters with some slight reverb in the loop and I’m set. The rest is all guitar volume knob.

I played one for a few minutes in Axe Palace and felt it was way more my thing than other Friedman’s I’ve tried. I’m a huge wizard fan and it was slightly in that direction compared to others I’ve played

I have found one for $2450 shipped to my door. I feel that's about a good a price as I'll ever find unless I find the 1 in a million guy that desperately needs money right then and is blowing it out....but I'm never that lucky lol

I just do not like this Peavey 3120 I got on a trade. The crunch has TOO much gain and I'm not even trying to lead channel. And this 1987x I just can't get enough of a sound I like with either od pedal or attenuated so I just need to move on to something else with a bit more gain than the 1987x but not nearly as much as the 3120.

You know the bottom line on that style of amp or a JMP or 800 is that you really need to have a good command of your situation . Your guitar , the volume knob, pedals etc. There's just not a whole lot of anything else . Single channel setups will truly make you a better player if you stick with them .

I have found one for $2450 shipped to my door. I feel that's about a good a price as I'll ever find unless I find the 1 in a million guy that desperately needs money right then and is blowing it out....but I'm never that lucky lol

I just do not like this Peavey 3120 I got on a trade. The crunch has TOO much gain and I'm not even trying to lead channel. And this 1987x I just can't get enough of a sound I like with either od pedal or attenuated so I just need to move on to something else with a bit more gain than the 1987x but not nearly as much as the 3120.
Which one in case I want to buy it ! LOL !

Back