You guys like Monuments (John Browne)?

Didn't even know who he was, but wound up with his prototype Mayo Qatsi 6 string. Bitchin guitar. guess he played it for a bit while working with them during development. It's been one of my favorites for metal.

Isn’t he a legendary down picker? Like his hand and wrist are basically like lightning ⚡️?

I only recently stumbled across his youtube channel lately, never listened to his band yet, but his vids are pretty good. I am curious what happened to his neck, looks painful.

True, he looks like he is always in pain or uncomfortable physically. Regardless, he has some cool riffs and seems to always be bringing the heavies in a wild way. What is not to like about that?

Love his demos and have heard a few tunes but never dug in to his music much. Killer guitar player!

He’s a KILLER player and a super nice dude. We PM/chat quite a good bit in the ol’ Facespace.

he’s the one that got me to finally commit to the Synergy stuff.

I’m a fan of Monuments. The Amanuensis is a phenomenal album if you like groovy metal that’s been leveled up a bit. I’ll check this out later today.

Nice to see John and the band mentioned here.

Edit - just checked it out and it's awesome. Sounds awesome, OP.

Last edited:
Watching John track live is pretty insane. He can pretty much double track perfect takes to the grid first try with very technical riffs that I could never play that perfectly after 1,000 takes.

he also has a course, Riff Hard. You need to be very dedicated and disciplined for it, though. If you get bored easily, it’s not for you

Don't know lots about the monuments but the guitar play here is amazing. I'm not that skilled :(

Super cool dude with killer chops. He used to hang around the harmony central amp forum back in the day. He was a candiria fan so we hit it off. Down stroke mastery.

Back