Fortin ZUUL Question

MYLILSS

ok so I am about to buy a Fortin ZUUL noise suppressor, as I am really digging the side input KEY control. my question is can I just use a splitter cable or A/B box after my tuner to send the signal to the input of the pedal and also into my amp ? what would you guys recommend ?

Can someone explain the key input an how to set up? I just got one and there's no manual that I can find.

Zuuls key input wont load anything down but if using a passive split post buffer is best.

Yes, any low impedance signal pre compression/distortion will do.

FYI if you wind up with a ground loop using zuul in an effects loop as like I did, cutting the ground on the key input cable worked without issue.

Also understand the key input is the same as “input tracking” think NS-2 but zuul is missing the passthrough.

Other gates with input tracking are ns-2, decimator g string, mxr noise clamp, TC sentry, eh silencer.

Does anybody have a suggestion as to which buffer/splitter would work well?
This has been a block for me on getting this piece. I just bought a few Korg custom tuners that I like but don't have that option. I really don't want to get a Boss Tuner.

I recently bought an MXR 10-band EQ, the newer silver model with two outputs. I have been using Out 2 to feed the key on my Zuul and it seems to work great. I assume that out is buffered, correct?

Since we're asking questions about the Zuul...I tried placing mine in the effects loop of my amp without using the key input, and I get no gating. Does anyone know if the Zuul can be used without the key input in an amp's effects loop? Or only in front of an amp?

And what's that little black switch recessed into the housing next to the key input?

I actually think it's pretty ridiculous that Mike doesn't include a simple owners manual with his $225 pedal. Not that it's terribly complicated to use, but as we can see there are some valid questions coming up, over and over. Not to mention that I tried emailing him through his website with questions and got no response.

worst signature image ever ^
I don't know who that is and I don't care. It's big and annoying my quest for ZUUL

I'm staying with my ISP until I can figure it out. Kind of sucks that I would need to spend an extra 100 or so on a quality splitter on top of the Zuul price. Maybe though, seems like a great piece

My CFH wah has a splitter (if you set the internal switch to it) that I use for key input. I don’t like using gates in the loop. Personal preference, but I want the least amount of stuff in the loop. Basically only an eventide time factor, and maybe a looper if I’m practicing.

I saw a video of the key input being used and them using a boss tu-2 bypass output to feed the zuul ? I think anyways ...

I have all my stuff rackmounted, and use a rackmount tuner, but I could always throw the boss pedal in there and leave it off if that would work

Back