New Whitesnake

SFW

I love me some Dough Aldrich, but I'm glad to hear some new Whitesnake without the flubby guitar tones. I don't know what it is about Doug's last few recordings but they are way bass heavy in the guitars. Reb is killing it as usual.

I don't like what happened to his voice but overall I thought it was a decent song. I like the nod to Here I go again, it's nice to see them having fun.

I'll give this and the other songs some more listens definitely but I'm definitely not a fan of "Shut up and Kiss Me" during the chorus. It echoes new Def Leppard a bit and even worse, Nickelback. I just have this weird quirk about songs with those too catchy lines like "something in your mouth" or "you get to the top of my bottom" and stuff like that. It is like I can't unheard it once I hear it.

I do like the sound of it though and I'm going to keep an open mind with this album. :)

I've been waiting to see what the next WS album will sound like for about 5 years. Mixed feelings on this so far. DC almost certainly won't sound as good live, but he's sounding pretty decent in the studio.

No question Reb and Joel are great players, but I feel like Doug was the brains behind the songwriting on GTBB and FM. Going to need more listens of this and to hear the full album to decide whether I'm still on board with WS.

Great playing as always but the style wreaks of Def Leppard as someone else mentioned. Just add more chorus effect to the guitars and the cheese is already there - lyrics and all. I expected writing material that has progressed since the 80's?

Best part to me was the solo
Very un Reb until
The end tapping run
But nicely done

The song ill pass
Its is better than the new Tesla
Love that tastse or whatever its called

The audio is OK, but Jeebus!! I can't get past the visuals.
The Coverdale cosmetic surgery freakshow is really disturbing.... :shocked:
Reb kills it though :rock:

Sounds like a song any modern hard rock band could have made. Nothing special, nothing that lasts after the song is finished. Very underwelmed.

OT but not by much.

Any Hard 'n Heavy bands worth listening to nowadays? Some with fat balls possibly.

Bta wasnt Reb a bona fide EMG user? any ideas which pickups he's using now? Suhrsomething?

Back