Van Halen update

Nothing new but this article kind of summarizes things and brings us up to date. Again, no real news though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -pick.html

I've always had a lot of respect for DLR for who he is and what he's accomplished but his latest interview that is in the OP about how Eddie won't be ringing the bell this time and David is going to continue on in Vegas really kind of rubbed me wrong. That and how he wrote all the solos - or a lot of them. Doubtful. The phrasing in Eddie's rhythm and solo playing tells me that is all Eddie. Did DLR make him a better showman? Sure.

But didn't Eddie actually write most of the songs we all know and love? The music/melodies - not the lyrics of course.

I can see Dave suggesting the more simple solos he mentioned in that, as well as maybe leaving an actual "solo" out of Dance the Night Away...MAYBE. I also believe the album artwork and stage backdrop parts, but to say he "structured" anything else outside of his well known suggestion of the change of name to VH from Mammoth is pure DLR hype which equals pure BS. Dave's lyrics barely make sense, half the time he even forgot the damn words live, so for him to say he came up with this or that is him trying to capitalize on a bad situation... not cool Dave.

paulyc":1v06noz9 said:
Could This Be Magic ? Jan Van Halen ? No... Big Bad Bill ( Is Sweet William Now ) .

Yes, I misspoke. BBB. I love both of those songs, because it showed early on that they weren't a one trick pony.

311splawndude":tc0a5tj0 said:
Nothing new but this article kind of summarizes things and brings us up to date. Again, no real news though.

I've always had a lot of respect for DLR for who he is and what he's accomplished but his latest interview that is in the OP about how Eddie won't be ringing the bell this time and David is going to continue on in Vegas really kind of rubbed me wrong. That and how he wrote all the solos - or a lot of them. Doubtful. The phrasing in Eddie's rhythm and solo playing tells me that is all Eddie. Did DLR make him a better showman? Sure.

But didn't Eddie actually write most of the songs we all know and love? The music/melodies - not the lyrics of course.

Yes, Eddie wrote 95% of the songs. Dave wrote the acoustic stuff and played the acoustic guitar on two of them (ice cream man and could this be magic).

shredhead7":tebhp8o9 said:
311splawndude":tebhp8o9 said:

Yes, Eddie wrote 95% of the songs. Dave wrote the acoustic stuff and played the acoustic guitar on two of them (ice cream man and could this be magic).

Dave played the acoustic intro to Full Bug and I`m pretty sure he did the acoustic stuff on Stay Frosty

shredhead7":1khcn78p said:
311splawndude":1khcn78p said:

Dave DID NOT play Could This Be Magic... you must be joking.

paulyc":1iubugrc said:
shredhead7":1iubugrc said:
311splawndude":1iubugrc said:

Dave DID NOT play Could This Be Magic... you must be joking.

Dave played acoustic along with Ed on Could This Be Magic

I always assumed Ed did both parts by overdubbing the slide part, learn something new every day.

I hear ya, I feel the same way. Dave is (was) talented and I always loved him as a frontman, but I feel like his latest statements make him look like an asshole given the (potential) bad news in this situation...

311splawndude":3260v803 said:
No new news but this was posted on VHND a few days ago.

Supposedly it is a random Instagram post from a fan w/Eddie at a McLaren dealership in Beverly Hills.

He doesn't look great but he doesn't look like he's on his death bed either so KEEP ON FIGHTING EDDIE!

https://www.vhnd.com/2019/10/20/eddie-v ... encounter/

Thanks for that man. Eddie means a lot to me.

Did you guys read the comments!!!!

I stopped as i was getting high pressure and wanted to kill someone.

Fucking people sometimes, morons to the top degree. My god some people are ignorant. Lifeless assholes. :gethim:

I send him positive vibes. Good thoughts. Be happy man.

Yeah - the Comments section in VHND Articles are a cesspool. Half those guys are normal VH loving people like you and me. The other half are straight up trolls and asshats. It's usually best to not read the comments.

shredhead7":3v2jlp1h said:
311splawndude":3v2jlp1h said:

I just posted in regards to this. If Dave wrote the lyrics, it's likely that he also wrote the melodies.

Back