NAD Monomyth Amplification 1974 JMP Black Sun

Drkorey":10je82i5 said:
The recording sounds great! What two notes cabs & mics did you use?

I’m almost certain the mic was a 57. Although it defaults to a 421 sometimes and I didn’t double check. Cab is a Fortin Beast. I love those.

I used a Charvel Custom Shop San Dimas 1H with a JB8. Straight into amp, no pedals or effects.

I'm using the Fortin one with Creambacks. I love that cab. The Friedman Greenback one is pretty good as well. I didnt care for the Indianapolis cab which was supposed to be like a KSR cab which it doesnt sound anything like my cab mic'd.

I cant wait to get my amp modded. Just waiting for the go ahead and ship message once he gets settled in to his new spot. Hearing all these killer sounding clips is getting me psyched up.

Haven’t checked RT in a bit; been super busy with other shit and music has taken a back seat. Getting the itch to play and sitting at a repair shop getting tires, check RT and find this thread.

These amps and mods sound fuckin fantastic, I’m glad I caught this thread. Congrats on being the new hotness to Shea, and double congrats to the RT members that scored this shit. These amps sound super fun to play.

Anyone got some drop C/drop B clips they can post up? Interested in how this would handle Crowbar or YOB type sludge shit.

I won’t raise my prices until all of the good dudes are settled, then y’all can have a good laugh :thumbsup:

Steinmetzify":1q2ukoy5 said:
Haven’t checked RT in a bit; been super busy with other shit and music has taken a back seat. Getting the itch to play and sitting at a repair shop getting tires, check RT and find this thread.

These amps and mods sound fuckin fantastic, I’m glad I caught this thread. Congrats on being the new hotness to Shea, and double congrats to the RT members that scored this shit. These amps sound super fun to play.

Anyone got some drop C/drop B clips they can post up? Interested in how this would handle Crowbar or YOB type sludge shit.

I’ll do my best to record a clip in drop C in next day or so.

Krull":yfkwc53o said:
No disrespect to you Shea. I’m just poking fun is all. It’s just amusing to see how quickly people jump on things. Its happened many times before. Time will tell if you can keep up with the demand. The amps sound great btw.
And I’m glad I “jumped” on one, because the wait is probably months now. And I assure you, the amps are worthy of the hype. :D

Beyond Black":wvt9f1bk said:
Krull":wvt9f1bk said:
No disrespect to you Shea. I’m just poking fun is all. It’s just amusing to see how quickly people jump on things. Its happened many times before. Time will tell if you can keep up with the demand. The amps sound great btw.
And I’m glad I “jumped” on one, because the wait is probably months now. And I assure you, the amps are worthy of the hype. :D
:rock:

Truth. Ain't no hype here...this is real deal monster modded Marshall tone. I always put the Camerons on top of the heap of modded Marshalls I've owned. Until now. This is THE tone I've always had in my head. With great clarity, feel and thump. I've tried rolling pre tubes just to hear some 'changeup' in the tone, and this amp sounds killer with cheapo modern pre tubes and even more killer when I roll some vintage USA and Euro 12ax7s. So it sounds great no matter what tubes you use.

I looked for a long time for an 82 2204 specifically, based on the high plate voltage of an 82 I owned a few yrs ago. I wasn't planning on modding this one, but I kept going back to Shea's vids and that tone...haunted me for a few weeks. Contacted Shea and shipped her out.
One of the BEST gear decisions I've ever made.

Krull":i3x3pvec said:
A joke is when u make people laugh...

exo-metal":3lfaag5u said:
Krull":3lfaag5u said:
A joke is when u make people laugh.
:LOL: :LOL:

RedPlated":1lwhbomd said:
Steinmetzify":1lwhbomd said:

I’ll do my best to record a clip in drop C in next day or so.

Appreciate you broheem, I'll keep an eye out for it. :rock:

Krull":1pe00t7q said:
hype-train.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's a good one!

tdRCIXi.jpg

:confused:

Back