FORTIN's Evil Pumpkin – Made in China?

controlled_voltage":3v2v2hsu said:
The amount of time larry has spent online in multiple forums making himself look like an immature dolt, posting pictures of his GF, arguing with faceless trolls is and will forever be serious damage to his rep....period.
:D :D :D Hey why do you control your voltage? Let it out, let it free and see what happens! And don't forget to life yourself ;)

Why shouldn't I tell about myself? Why should I hide myself behind a computer monitor? Or why behind a company's fassade?
What is reputation in your opinion? That what 'they' have programmed into your head at school or at the university, as you've studied economics?
May I have another opinion about what "reputation" is?
I don't feel myself as someone special or exceptional. I'm just a guy like you or your neighbor.
Maybe I do have some special skills, knowledge and experience within a limited area?
But others do have the same within another limited area, maybe motorcycles, maybe house building, maybe in medicine.
Hence I can't see any reason, why I shouldn't speak to you here like anyone else.

controlled_voltage":3v2v2hsu said:
Larry now has a permanent record online of all of his [at best sophomoric ] retorts as the internet never forgets.
I'm absolutely cool with this :yes:

Krull":20dwmbpm said:
Speeddemon":20dwmbpm said:
Monkey Man":20dwmbpm said:
To be fair, that's ad-hominem and not a valid response when the onus to produce a decent-sounding clip is on an amp manufacturer, something Krull is definitely not, so... no onus to produce anything.

IOW:
Amp maker
I've made a great amp.

Joe Blogs
Can we hear it?

Amp maker or 3rd party
Why don't you let us hear you, Joe Blogs?
Well to be fair to *that*,
it seems this particular Joe Blogs really has it out for said Amp maker for some reason and keeps bringing up how Amp Maker #2 bought an amp from Amp Maker #1, had to wait 2+ years, died in the process, etc. etc.
Since Joe Blogs is neither Amp Maker #2, has no inclination (his words) to buy from Amp Maker #1, why the hell is Joe Blogs beating the dead horse ad nauseum? :confused:

Amp Maker #1 as well as other people have strong suspicions (some say 'proof' even! :LOL: :LOL: ) that Joe Blogs is in fact Amp Maker #3, AKA Circuit Stealer and since Amp Maker #1 has some serious beef with Circuit Stealer, we get to 'enjoy' this 25 page train wreck (oh amp-name irony) of a thread.

So seeing it in that light, I could understand how some peeps are interested in why Joe Blogs has such a chip on his shoulder and/or prove that he's NOT Amp Maker #3, AKA The Circuit Stealer.

Get your facts right. It was 5 years until he got his money back, I mean his wife.

If you believe Larry, that I’m Mike Fortin, you need to also check yourself into a mental institution.
Don't you fuckin start with me, fuckface. I said 2+ years. Whether it's 3, 4 or 5, all of that is 2+. Hence, no need for me to get my facts straighter.
The last guy that went all pedantic, semantic and righteous with me left his own thread, crying.
Also, way to retort RIGHT BACK at that chip on your shoulder and disregard everything else. What are you, Steve_K's wife's sister? What's it to you? :doh:
I don't care one way or the other who's right...I don't own a Fortin nor a Larry amp; I'm with Monkey Man and SWSB's reasoning here... all people that didn't ruffle your feathers, yet you come out fist swinging and everything? What does that tell other people about you?

Also, about that mental institution? Really? Really? You don't know whether I believe Larry at this point, yet you go there? :confused: :thumbsdown:

Krull":3bzgkwui said:
Speeddemon":3bzgkwui said:
Krull":3bzgkwui said:
Speeddemon":3bzgkwui said:
Monkey Man":3bzgkwui said:
To be fair, that's ad-hominem and not a valid response when the onus to produce a decent-sounding clip is on an amp manufacturer, something Krull is definitely not, so... no onus to produce anything.

IOW:
Amp maker
I've made a great amp.

Joe Blogs
Can we hear it?

Amp maker or 3rd party
Why don't you let us hear you, Joe Blogs?
Well to be fair to *that*,
it seems this particular Joe Blogs really has it out for said Amp maker for some reason and keeps bringing up how Amp Maker #2 bought an amp from Amp Maker #1, had to wait 2+ years, died in the process, etc. etc.
Since Joe Blogs is neither Amp Maker #2, has no inclination (his words) to buy from Amp Maker #1, why the hell is Joe Blogs beating the dead horse ad nauseum? :confused:

Amp Maker #1 as well as other people have strong suspicions (some say 'proof' even! :LOL: :LOL: ) that Joe Blogs is in fact Amp Maker #3, AKA Circuit Stealer and since Amp Maker #1 has some serious beef with Circuit Stealer, we get to 'enjoy' this 25 page train wreck (oh amp-name irony) of a thread.

So seeing it in that light, I could understand how some peeps are interested in why Joe Blogs has such a chip on his shoulder and/or prove that he's NOT Amp Maker #3, AKA The Circuit Stealer.

Get your facts right. It was 5 years until he got his money back, I mean his wife.

If you believe Larry, that I’m Mike Fortin, you need to also check yourself into a mental institution.
Don't you fuckin start with me, fuckface. I said 2+ years. Whether it's 3, 4 or 5, all of that is 2+. Hence, no need for me to get my facts straighter.
The last guy that went all pedantic, semantic and righteous with me left his own thread, crying.

Also, about that mental institution? Really? Really? You don't know whether I believe Larry at this point, yet you go there? :confused: :thumbsdown:

I’m shaking in my boots. Internet tough guy alert. Bring it.
Was I right or not? 2+ years... so again you jump topics. Typical troll. Can't argue logic when called for.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Remember.

I have no horse in the race.

Larry created this thread out of spite. It seems anyway.

The original threads that created the stir are documented.

Once this thread was created it immediately became fodder for spam.

Hence the cats and the boobs and the questions.

Remember that.

If you are an amp builder and continue down this path then your fate is what it is. Right?

Isn't that what happened? Larry? I ask you?

311splawndude":36ulgmxk said:
Isn't that what happened? Larry? I ask you?
Simply endeavor yourself and read the initial post of this topic once again, there you'd find your answers ;)

1st I've brought to your eyes and brain, WHO and WHAT Mike Fortin is at all.

2nd (and mainly!) it's been an eye opener for everybody, who intends to spend 3k on an amp, what's presumably Made in China.

3th it's been a try to clear up the uncertainty, what amps currently and in future still are made by Mike Fortin himself.

Still some more questions?

Mmmmm... Yeah
1rst You've told us what you'd like us to think without showing any proof. Mikes amps do not sound like your's, if he copied your circuit it would sound closer than it does. His are tighter and the overall tone is quite different. There is no way its the same circuit. Care to show the proof? Otherwise your talking out your ass
2nd Who cares where its made? And while I still have not seen the proof its in china, I would have to see where Mike had said it was built by him personally to have a problem with it being made elsewhere... Again show me the proof, or more talking out your ass
3rd I doubt your motive was to clear anything up, you would have started with the proof and not spent weeks crawling around in the shit storm of trying to damage Mike's reputation in a forum that has dozens of guys who have had nothing but positive dealings with him....
Again.. Show me the proof or you are talking out your ass... There is really nothing left for you at this point but to show it unless you are talking out your ass
And you've done it for 25 pages on the internet like a 7 year old butthurt little girl

novosibir":hfqlw267 said:
JTyson":hfqlw267 said:
And you've done it for 25 pages on the internet like a 7 year old butthurt little girl
Then close your eyes furthermore and feel happy yourself.

Amen!
So you have nothing.... I assumed such from the beginning..
Anyone else have any??
Nows your chance to prove it. Lets see it....
Post it up now or quit speaking of it as fact. Calling Mike a thief based on anything that Larry has said when there is ZERO evidence of it makes you a cunt...
Are any of you really of the opinion that Larry has seen the insides of all the killer amps out there and never used any of it himself? Every amp builder under the sun has done that.. You learn from things that were built before you. Any builder who is honest will tell you that. We have some here, maybe they will chime in

Lets see it..

ti110044.jpg

novosibir":3gxd0ahd said:
Set the Output control (Master) of a DINO at 0.3 and expect a overwhelming killer sound?
At a loudness level just so loud, that your baby sleeping in the next room doesn't wake up.
Or what else do you expect of a Larry amp?
Dumb ass!
To be honest, at 0.3 I didn't expect an overwhelming amount of hiss either (listen to the beginning of the clip).
But let's just say that clip wasn't a good representation of this amp.

I further like to say that this is a nice thread, it would be more "epic" if somebody could get (the real) Mike Fortin to join here.

I have no Fortin amp or Larry amp, you can call me a Friedman guy but I like reading these threads where we can interact with amp builders.
Carry on, please! :rock:

turboblues":dxhauq3z said:
novosibir":dxhauq3z said:
Set the Output control (Master) of a DINO at 0.3 and expect a overwhelming killer sound?
At a loudness level just so loud, that your baby sleeping in the next room doesn't wake up.
Dumb ass!
To be honest, at 0.3 I didn't expect an overwhelming amount of hiss either (listen to the beginning of the clip).

I further like to say that this is a nice thread, it would be more "epic" if somebody could get (the real) Mike Fortin to join here.

I have no Fortin amp or Larry amp, you can call me a Friedman guy but I like reading these threads where we can interact with amp builders.
Mike was in here for years, he could shed light on things nobody else could (or wouldn't) Helped a lot of guys in here including myself, he is missed....

JTyson":qld5b895 said:
turboblues":qld5b895 said:
novosibir":qld5b895 said:
Dumb ass!

Mike was in here for years, he could shed light on things nobody else could (or wouldn't) Helped a lot of guys in here including myself, he is missed....
Yup

nightlight":3rqnb6py said:
I didn't follow the thread, but did Krull ever quote the alleged death threat against Fortin or whatever it was?

Lol, I just got banned on TGP for some supposed infraction, not even sure what.

Hopefully I can sort it out when I'm allowed back on on April 16. If not, I guess this is going to eventually wind up in the same way Fractal got a bad name, irrespective of how whoever it is hopes to spin it.

All I did was complain about a lousy tech who took me for a ride, afaik.

Back