FORTIN's Evil Pumpkin – Made in China?

swamptrashstompboxes":3ockfew8 said:
Larry's reputation I think has finally gone to shit.
Ouch, this must be my end :confused:

I'm lost - no place to run - no place to hide - I'm lost.

I'm dying... darkness... stillness... :aww:

Pushing fun besides - what do YOU think WHO YOU are and what makes YOU thinking, that YOU could tell me, how I'd have to handle my business?

Isn't this up to me, how I handle my business? No matter whether you'd like my way or not?

Don't you have hobbies or don't you have your own issues?
Or do you like to look into your neighbors garden to check, whether there's the grass greener than in yours?
Are your own problems so big, that you'd like to close your eyes in front of them and deviate yourself of them by looking elsewhere?

Believe me - nobody else than me knows better, HOW I have to handle MY business, so that it's ok for MYSELF!

Take this and relax - God also is with you :)

Npxrx3s.gif

Larry. I have a business and made good investments. I work 10-15 hours a week. The difference between you and I is that I get my shit done and meet deadlines. If I wanted more money I could make it. I choose not to and enjoy life. But I get my shit done. When it needs to get done.

Larry is the Einstein of amp builders. :rock:

Leo Fender and Jim Marshall made amps for the masses and had great marketing, they weren't the first, but at the time they were the best. Then, Randall Smith at Boogie and later Jose Arendondo came along with the high gain amps, it was where Rivera, Soldano, and Dunble, etc. came along and started to change it up and Carol-Ann, Carr, Mad Proffesor, Diezel, Cameron, Fortin, Randall, Line 6, Axe fx, Katana, 5150, BE100, etc. were a of a sudden the next best greatest have-to-have amp.

So where does Larry fit into this? The fucking guy sits around and thinks about gain and more gain, how to go further and heavier than the next guy, a fucking Thomas Edison of amps design and building. He's even willing to come to this forum to do battle because he loves amps and gain. He knows, more is more, not "I use less gain now-a-days and like it" crapola!

It is not just a pile of parts and solder/time and effort. The research and dedication is paramount in making the greatest ever. :rock:

Everyone needs to post their best amp settings version of the Iced Earth riff...a little virtual, Covid-esq amp fest, if ya will.

Hey krull. I would love to hear a clip of your guitar playing today, why not?

Why do you have to be such a fucking douchebag? I know, you're stuck safely in your own panic room with your computer and your guitar is at mom's house. What I don't understand is how you can criticize a person who has done something incredible, building amps that actually offer something beyond what was previously available. But you wouldn't know that because you can barely see past your nose let alone actually play a guitar. Some people, not many, have great vision for something and when they realize that vision everyone else acts as if they could have done it too! You can't do anything for anyone who plays an electric guitar but put down everything anyone says about playing electric guitars, that is the very definition of a douchebag, douchebag.

Yes, I'm puffing some GG#4 as I write this, seriously good shit, from Colorado.

Me? "I'm made of metal, my circuit gleams, I am perpetual, I keep the country clean."

To be fair, that's ad-hominem and not a valid response when the onus to produce a decent-sounding clip is on an amp manufacturer, something Krull is definitely not, so... no onus to produce anything.

IOW:
Amp maker
I've made a great amp.

Joe Blogs
Can we hear it?

Amp maker or 3rd party
Why don't you let us hear you, Joe Blogs?

Monkey Man":3uwfvo4c said:
To be fair, that's ad-hominem and not a valid response when the onus to produce a decent-sounding clip is on an amp manufacturer, something Krull is definitely not, so... no onus to produce anything.

IOW:
Amp maker
I've made a great amp.

Joe Blogs
Can we hear it?

Amp maker or 3rd party
Why don't you let us hear you, Joe Blogs?
Well to be fair to *that*,
it seems this particular Joe Blogs really has it out for said Amp maker for some reason and keeps bringing up how Amp Maker #2 bought an amp from Amp Maker #1, had to wait 2+ years, died in the process, etc. etc.
Since Joe Blogs is neither Amp Maker #2, has no inclination (his words) to buy from Amp Maker #1, why the hell is Joe Blogs beating the dead horse ad nauseum? :confused:

Amp Maker #1 as well as other people have strong suspicions (some say 'proof' even! :LOL: :LOL: ) that Joe Blogs is in fact Amp Maker #3, AKA Circuit Stealer and since Amp Maker #1 has some serious beef with Circuit Stealer, we get to 'enjoy' this 25 page train wreck (oh amp-name irony) of a thread.

So seeing it in that light, I could understand how some peeps are interested in why Joe Blogs has such a chip on his shoulder and/or prove that he's NOT Amp Maker #3, AKA The Circuit Stealer.

To be fair(!), that's a great summarisation IMHO, SD. :LOL: :LOL:

Technically 'though, I think the request for a decent-sounding clip or two is a valid one, if not for Joe Blogs / Amp Maker #3 AKA Circuit Stealer, then for everyone else who's keen to hear an in-your-face sample of what Amp Maker #1's wares sound like.

I'm not in that price-point market either, but, like some others I suspect, would retain the reference in memory and it could affect purchase decisions down-the-road.

Really enjoyed your summary, mate; thank you for putting the time and thought into it. :cheers:

Monkey Man":1k3zummz said:
To be fair(!), that's a great summarisation IMHO, SD. :LOL: :LOL:

Technically 'though, I think the request for a decent-sounding clip or two is a valid one, if not for Joe Blogs / Amp Maker #3 AKA Circuit Stealer, then for everyone else who's keen to hear an in-your-face sample of what Amp Maker #1's wares sound like.

I'm not in that price-point market either, but, like some others I suspect, would retain the reference in memory and it could affect purchase decisions down-the-road.

Really enjoyed your summary, mate; thank you for putting the time and thought into it. :cheers:

How many Wizard clips has Rick directly provided to us? Doesn't seem to hurt his market

Good question. I'll have to guess again:

'Cause he's put himself out there in this and other threads and has engaged in heated, below-the-belt / low-brow public slinging matches. I s'pose by placing himself in this position and talking about his circuits and amps he's effectively advertising, which in and of itself invites the inevitable questions as to pricing, wait periods and the ol chestnut, "What does it sound like?".

The amount of time larry has spent online in multiple forums making himself look like an immature dolt, posting pictures of his GF, arguing with faceless trolls is and will forever be serious damage to his rep....period.

Aside from Mark Cameron [who was smart enough to leave the internet fighting/drama to someone else at a certain point]there are NO OTHER 'boutique" amp builders that have stooped to such a pathetic level of unprofessionalism in a public forum.

Larry now has a permanent record online of all of his [at best sophomoric ] retorts as the internet never forgets.

Clearly he doesn't care how he appears online, doesn't need the cash from his amp building business and must be independently wealthy.

Seems as though there is an never ending supply of guys [perhaps Metallica/Iced earth fans] that are more than happy to send Larry 5-6k and wait 1.5- 2 + years for an amp that is embroiled in a truck load of online stupidity, drama and no professionally shot videos/clips of these DUM-BELS

HAVE IT YA'LL
i'm happy to hang in my monomyth ghetto where the turn around was 2 weeks.

Markedman":13u59ral said:
Larry is the Einstein of amp builders. :rock:

Leo Fender and Jim Marshall made amps for the masses and had great marketing, they weren't the first, but at the time they were the best. Then, Randall Smith at Boogie and later Jose Arendondo came along with the high gain amps, it was where Rivera, Soldano, and Dunble, etc. came along and started to change it up and Carol-Ann, Carr, Mad Proffesor, Diezel, Cameron, Fortin, Randall, Line 6, Axe fx, Katana, 5150, BE100, etc. were a of a sudden the next best greatest have-to-have amp.

So where does Larry fit into this? The fucking guy sits around and thinks about gain and more gain, how to go further and heavier than the next guy, a fucking Thomas Edison of amps design and building. He's even willing to come to this forum to do battle because he loves amps and gain. He knows, more is more, not "I use less gain now-a-days and like it" crapola!

It is not just a pile of parts and solder/time and effort. The research and dedication is paramount in making the greatest ever. :rock:
I love gain.

FourT6and2":2c0g354q said:
It really shouldn't take more than 10 days to build an amp once all the parts are in hand if you're a one-man show. At that rate, with weekend breaks, that's about 25 amps per year. With longer vacations, that's about 20 or so. No idea how long Larry's wait list is, but if there are 30-40 people on it at any given time, that's 1.5 - 2 years wait.
That 10 days neglects a large portion of the efforts. If your are sourcing off the shelf parts and pre-staked genetic turret or eyelet boards. Generic head shells and chassis, that alone can takes weeks. I don’t know many custom places that large quantities of stock, especially for the higher dollar items. I think 10 days may cover the tune for a single channel amp, but I can only assume that some of the flagship models take more time to do correctly, then time to burn in and test. We’re also not talking about just building. Packing, shipping, export and business forms, emails, and the list goes on

controlled_voltage":1lxmzbof said:
The amount of time larry has spent online in multiple forums making himself look like an immature dolt, posting pictures of his GF, arguing with faceless trolls is and will forever be serious damage to his rep....period.

Aside from Mark Cameron [who was smart enough to leave the internet fighting/drama to someone else at a certain point]there are NO OTHER 'boutique" amp builders that have stooped to such a pathetic level of unprofessionalism in a public forum.

Larry now has a permanent record online of all of his [at best sophomoric ] retorts as the internet never forgets.

Clearly he doesn't care how he appears online, doesn't need the cash from his amp building business and must be independently wealthy.

Seems as though there is an never ending supply of guys [perhaps Metallica/Iced earth fans] that are more than happy to send Larry 5-6k and wait 1.5- 2 + years for an amp that is embroiled in a truck load of online stupidity, drama and no professionally shot videos/clips of these DUM-BELS

HAVE IT YA'LL
i'm happy to hang in my monomyth ghetto where the turn around was 2 weeks.

TBF, a lot of this is out of fun. I can't imagine anyone (besides maybe Zach) is really butthurt about anything

Back