Fryette/VHT Deliverance 4X12

Gsxrbusa

Any you guys have a Deliverance cab? How does it differ from the Fatbottom? I really like my Fatbottom cab, it is really tight and focused. Just wondering if the Deliverance is less focused or what the deal is? Thanks :rock:

Gsxrbusa":3s9y91gk said:
Any you guys have a Deliverance cab? How does it differ from the Fatbottom? I really like my Fatbottom cab, it is really tight and focused. Just wondering if the Deliverance is less focused or what the deal is? Thanks :rock:

It's a little less "focused," or less directional but it's still a very tight cab. Think of it as a bit more vintage sounding. The way the sound dissipates from the cab gives more immediate room sound around the cab as opposed to the FB where anything directly in front of it gets pounded.

I absolutely love my D412 with my D60.

Bob Savage":3an9l68m said:
Gsxrbusa":3an9l68m said:

It's a little less "focused," or less directional but it's still a very tight cab. Think of it as a bit more vintage sounding. The way the sound dissipates from the cab gives more immediate room sound around the cab as opposed to the FB where anything directly in front of it gets pounded.

Exactly. I run my CLX through the FB 412, and my DC-5 through the D412. The CLX is set up for more modern tones, where the DC is running vintage/clean stuff mostly. Just what my ear prefers,they can both be used for whatever you want though. When I had my Powerball, I ran it to the D412 and got some killer sounds out of it.

Bob Savage":19rwohnb said:
Gsxrbusa":19rwohnb said:

Thanks Bob, That is exactly what I am looking for. Do you have an angled baffle or straight?

drjenkins":19rwohnb said:
Bob Savage":19rwohnb said:
Gsxrbusa":19rwohnb said:

Exactly. I run my CLX through the FB 412, and my DC-5 through the D412. The CLX is set up for more modern tones, where the DC is running vintage/clean stuff mostly. Just what my ear prefers,they can both be used for whatever you want though. When I had my Powerball, I ran it to the D412 and got some killer sounds out of it.

Thank you for the input as well. :rock:

Now, You guys want to trade me your cab for a Mesa recto? Would prefer a straight cab. :rock:

Bob Savage":2fn58tlz said:
Gsxrbusa":2fn58tlz said:

Bob nailed it!! I agree 100% :thumbsup:

I had a D412 but never have played the Fatbottom.

I ended up selling and when the time comes for a new cab, unless i can find a steal I do not think i will buy another.

They are very well built and you can tell they are great cabs but for me it was just WAYYY to directional. I could not imagine the FB being even more directional.

If I am using that term correctly, in front of the cab sounded amazing but anywhere else in the room sounded very different and usually not as good.

I want a cab that is going to fill up the room and sound good and similar from most angles.

Both are super tight, but the D cab is less tight. I've had both of mine apart before, and the ONLY differences are that the D cab has a straight front baffle as opposed to the FB's angled baffle. The other difference is the FB has the standard 2" brace from the center of the front baffle to the rear baffle, and the D cab does not. It instead has a "brace" from left to right across the center of the front baffle that gets thicker towards the middle. This would potentially allow the baffle to flex more, which is probably what "loosens" of the cab just a tad. I'm guessing the straight baffle is what makes the cab seem to "dissipate" more since it's not pointing at you while you're playing, but instead is hitting you in the legs. This I assume would make you hear more of what an audience member is hearing. From a distance though? I'm assuming they both sound equally "dispersed."

I had the D412 first, and it killed over a 1960a with my Ultra Lead, but I like the FB412 even more with the UL. JMHO

maddnotez":171vo1oz said:

I want a cab that is going to fill up the room and sound good and similar from most angles.

I believe that in theory a front loaded cab disperses sound better than a rear loaded cab. I would guess that if you measured DB levels around the room, and all else was equal, that you would find that the Fryette cabs disperse sound at least as well as any other cab. I think part of what we think we hear has more to do with the brightness of the Eminence speakers, or something else that has more to do with personal preference.

moronmountain":st60iazy said:
maddnotez":st60iazy said:

I believe that in theory a front loaded cab disperses sound better than a rear loaded cab. I would guess that if you measured DB levels around the room, and all else was equal, that you would find that the Fryette cabs disperse sound at least as well as any other cab. I think part of what we think we hear has more to do with the brightness of the Eminence speakers, or something else that has more to do with personal preference.

You are much smarter than I lol.

I swapped the p50 to V30x75 and was still very "directional"

I can say one thing, when I ran a full stack I had the V30/75 and a quad of P50 and it made everything sound 10x better, pure tonal bliss.

maddnotez":8frgl3a1 said:
moronmountain":8frgl3a1 said:
maddnotez":8frgl3a1 said:

I can say one thing, when I ran a full stack I had the V30/75 and a quad of P50 and it made everything sound 10x better, pure tonal bliss.

I'm not really all that smart, but I do read a lot when I'm looking to buy things. I have nice gear, but I don't buy new stuff that often. In the end, if it sounds good to you, and is what you're after, then that's what you should do. :rock: I like Fryette cabs for their tightness and clarity. Tone wise, I can EQ the sound I'm looking for more easily than swapping speakers/etc. I tend to buy gear based more on function and usability than some weird, elusive, mojo hehe.

moronmountain":1jdcc8tv said:
maddnotez":1jdcc8tv said:
moronmountain":1jdcc8tv said:
maddnotez":1jdcc8tv said:

I have nice gear, but I don't buy new stuff that often.

I will never buy new again. This goes for cars, ams, guitars and gear.

I learned that brutal lesson long ago. The only thing new I would buy in those catergories would be a custom build of some sort.

Also if anyone is interested and in Arizona. There is a FB 412 right now on Ebay for $300. Damn I wish I was close to there.

I have both a d412 and a fb412 straight.....i prefer the more organic d412 for both my UL and D60...the D60+D412 combination is sick!

moronmountain":2u5ibc00 said:
Both are super tight, but the D cab is less tight. I've had both of mine apart before, and the ONLY differences are that the D cab has a straight front baffle as opposed to the FB's angled baffle. The other difference is the FB has the standard 2" brace from the center of the front baffle to the rear baffle, and the D cab does not. It instead has a "brace" from left to right across the center of the front baffle that gets thicker towards the middle. This would potentially allow the baffle to flex more, which is probably what "loosens" of the cab just a tad. I'm guessing the straight baffle is what makes the cab seem to "dissipate" more since it's not pointing at you while you're playing, but instead is hitting you in the legs. This I assume would make you hear more of what an audience member is hearing. From a distance though? I'm assuming they both sound equally "dispersed."

I had the D412 first, and it killed over a 1960a with my Ultra Lead, but I like the FB412 even more with the UL. JMHO
The brace on the front baffle of the d cab is actually patented. It allows tuning the resonant frequency of the cab.

Back