Who here has been banned from TheGearPage TGP?

Most of my time on TGP was while drunk, so ya, there's been a number of time outs thru the years.
I'm perma banned now but funnily enough still keep in contact with their IT guy Alec.

Anyone remember about 12 years ago a guy was posting a Led Zeppelin song once a day with some detailed background on it?
Went through their entire catalogue over the course of a couple months?

Guilty.

Most of my time on TGP was while drunk, so ya, there's been a number of time outs thru the years.
I'm perma banned now but funnily enough still keep in contact with their IT guy Alec.

Anyone remember about 12 years ago a guy was posting a Led Zeppelin song once a day with some detailed background on it?
Went through their entire catalogue over the course of a couple months?

Guilty.
I’m thinking about doing that with BabyMetal

Here you go and yes, it's real scottpeterson@thegearpage.net

What real pricks TGP are.
Just e-mailed him an unsolicited dick pic.

052BuEP.jpg

I just got a 7 day ban for writing what I thought was a completely innocuous post. Then, when I DM'd the mod who performed the ban, and asked why was I banned, and that I feel my post should be reinstated, and that TGP doesn't even make the Terms of Agreement available to view, so how do you even know you are transgressing? Or what? Especially when they can't answer a simple question. Instant Ban for life for 'harrassing a mod' - I can't even access the DM or the posts to show you guys. That place is crazy! I did however find out who owns TGP - it's a guy named Scott, and he owns ALL of the forums (it seems) in musicland, except, apparently this one. But I am super angry, and I am not going to let this drop.
LOL

FUCK TGP !!!!!!!!!!

Mike's a good guy, but if you break the rules, you're gone...just that simple. With almost 200,000 members they don't have time to "splain it" to you anymore. That's why it's changed in the last few years.
I suspect it has become a real money maker (advertising) in the past few years, resulting in more rigorous rules enforcement to keep the advertisers happy. But that doesn’t explain the tendency of some getting almost free rein while others are walking on eggshells.

You were ratted out by other members. Mods at TGP have openly divulged that they don't have the manpower to audit the entire capacity of the forum on any sort of thorough regular basis.
They rely on other members reporting rule infractions to them.
That’s #1, the snitches. It’s some kind of power trip for them, dropping a dime and watching with glee at the results. If they are ever found out, life could get miserable for them…I can only hope.

Back