Cameron Aldrich Mod

psychodave":3x1vb6kj said:
steve_k":3x1vb6kj said:
There's several big wads of goop in my amp dammit........... :gethim:

Welp, now you have to sell it. After all, you said before that there is no way to service the amp if something goes wrong with it and you dont want an amp you cant service. :no: :LOL: :LOL:

DIBS! :D

psychodave":3rxo2ul1 said:
steve_k":3rxo2ul1 said:
There's several big wads of goop in my amp dammit........... :gethim:

Welp, now you have to sell it. After all, you said before that there is no way to service the amp if something goes wrong with it and you dont want an amp you cant service. :no: :LOL: :LOL:

Did I say that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Coming......promise.

This is one amp where Tesla type power tubes actually sound better than SED's When I got it, I threw some SED's in because one of the tubes in the JJ quad was busted during shipping. Got to messing around with pre and power tubes yesterday, and cabinets. Ended up with a quad of ARS-Tesla power tubes and an NOS RFT in V1 to smooth it out a bit. Left the other 2 matched and balanced pre's in V2 and V3. The PI is very finicky. FWIW, I tried some Ruby HG's and HG+, NOS Mullards, JJ's and other stuff in the preamp and everything other than Chinese compressed like hell.....except for some EI Yugi's which were way to tight.

Just in case you wanted to know..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Call me nuts, but damn the best I got out of the Aldrich is through an Ubercab with V30's/T75's. The GB's are smooth, but mids are too honky and got to keep them peeled back. Straight V30's was too much of the ice picks and hard to dial down without getting too muddy. Put a couple of UK T75's in with the V30's and now I am much more comfortable. Gonna gig with it this weekend. Only wish it had a loop in it, but will sort a few pedals (boost/delay/flange) to run up front.

steve_k":f5qy5u5f said:
Call me nuts, but damn the best I got out of the Aldrich is through an Ubercab with V30's/T75's. The GB's are smooth, but mids are too honky and got to keep them peeled back. Straight V30's was too much of the ice picks and hard to dial down without getting too muddy. Put a couple of UK T75's in with the V30's and now I am much more comfortable. Gonna gig with it this weekend. Only wish it had a loop in it, but will sort a few pedals (boost/delay/flange) to run up front.
That Uberkab is killer. The more it breaks in the better and smoother it sounds. It works with the three heads I have now.

Yeah, I always hated the gt-75 celestion speakers. but I had a marshall cab with 2-v/30's I stuck in it and only had 2 gt-75's left on hand at that time so i stuck them in there so the cab was full. WoW! I still can't get over how those all sound together. :yes:

Hollywood":eh615r1w said:
Yeah, I always hated the gt-75 celestion speakers. but I had a marshall cab with 2-v/30's I stuck in it and only had 2 gt-75's left on hand at that time so i stuck them in there so the cab was full. WoW! I still can't get over how those all sound together. :yes:

Yeah, Reinhold was onto something there..... :thumbsup:

steve_k":3ogxpfap said:
Hollywood":3ogxpfap said:

Funny how two speakers I hate, mixed together, can create something that sounds that good. :LOL: :LOL:

sswanson":3skevqog said:
steve_k":3skevqog said:
Hollywood":3skevqog said:

Funny how two speakers I hate, mixed together, can create something that sounds that good. :LOL: :LOL:
Yep. I hated them too. People were raving about the Ubekab and I havn't looked back. The cab sounds great. Blew my Mills right away. It gets better as the speakers break in.

Cameron%20Marshall-1.JPG

Cameron%20Marshall-2.JPG

Back