Cameron Aldrich Mod

Second Cameron Aldrich delivered today. Pretty rough shape. I think this one belonged to Doug. No goop though :thumbsup:

Lp Freak":17hlbgto said:
psychodave":17hlbgto said:
glip22":17hlbgto said:
Still no clips? :confused: I'm starting to think Steve can't play guitar.
Don't bet your lunch money on that. :D
I'm just trying to get some clips outta him. :LOL: :LOL:

I've been trying for months and months... :LOL: :LOL:
Yep. :doh:And how many amps since then? :LOL: :LOL:
Well Steve has sent me a real pic of himself....and its NOTHING LIKE what he posts....
Not sure WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?????? :confused:

Lp Freak":1jep1n0j said:
psychodave":1jep1n0j said:
glip22":1jep1n0j said:

He's waiting to find the holy grail tone. Be patient.

glip22":36xhtx46 said:
Lp Freak":36xhtx46 said:
psychodave":36xhtx46 said:
glip22":36xhtx46 said:

He's waiting to find the holy grail tone. Be patient.
600full-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-screenshot.jpg

Hollywood":2zfikauo said:
So you scored a second Aldrich ? Was this a Cameron Aldrich ?
Where did this one come from ?

Yeah, scored a second Cameron Aldrich. So, I've got this one, that one, and the other two..... :D

Can't (won't) reveal the source.

steve_k":3ab45a4j said:
Hollywood":3ab45a4j said:
So you scored a second Aldrich ? Was this a Cameron Aldrich ?
Where did this one come from ?

Yeah, scored a second Cameron Aldrich. So, I've got this one, that one, and the other two..... :D

Can't (won't) reveal the source.
Navy-Seals-6.jpg

I'd be all over one of your Aldrichs' like a Navy SEAL on Bin Laden if i had the scratch.............. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I just got the second Adrich up and running. It was shipped without a back on it and full of ghost turds. It still has the vintage top mount octal sockets on it (McMurdy?) and one of the sockets had worked loose in the chassis mount and broke the ground from pins 1/8. Took me a bit to find that. Reflowed that and set it up with a Winged C's instead of the JJ KT77's that was in it. Its sounds a bit different and the response is a bit different than the other Aldrich. This is probably due to the trannies being replaced at some point in the life of the amp. The first Aldrich is showing a PV of around 415V and the second one is showing around 465V.

On top of all that, I found a JCM800 that I forgot I had. I was digging around and stumbled on this JCM800 2204 that was modded at Voodoo. Has Mercury iron in it. Shit, the old 800 is as smooth as a shaved beaver. :shocked:

Steve

steve_k":182ezq3q said:
I just got the second Adrich up and running. It was shipped without a back on it and full of ghost turds. It still has the vintage top mount octal sockets on it (McMurdy?) and one of the sockets had worked loose in the chassis mount and broke the ground from pins 1/8. Took me a bit to find that. Reflowed that and set it up with a Winged C's instead of the JJ KT77's that was in it. Its sounds a bit different and the response is a bit different than the other Aldrich. This is probably due to the trannies being replaced at some point in the life of the amp. The first Aldrich is showing a PV of around 415V and the second one is showing around 465V.

On top of all that, I found a JCM800 that I forgot I had. I was digging around and stumbled on this JCM800 2204 that was modded at Voodoo. Has Mercury iron in it. Shit, the old 800 is as smooth as a shaved beaver. :shocked:

Steve
You know you have had allot of amps when you lose them in your cave to be rediscovered at a later time. Hell, sounds like a double new amp day.

Your killing me. When are you going to post some clips????? I really want to hear the differences between the Cameron,Suhr and goloub Aldrich mods. I want one for sure and have only played the Camerons. Come on and post some clips.

Back