Cameron Aldrich Mod

parntz145":2bm58j3f said:
Your killing me. When are you going to post some clips????? I really want to hear the differences between the Cameron,Suhr and goloub Aldrich mods. I want one for sure and have only played the Camerons. Come on and post some clips.

I promise.....within 48 hours! Finally got a weekend with no gigs, no work (Thursday/Friday) are weekends here. So, I am going to have a few bevi's and play with the shaved clam a bit then hit the cave. I had to repair two amps today for a guy who didn't really know what those glass things were inside.

I'm on it !!!!!!!

Oh, Paul.......you've already played the best then.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

psychodave":2ftkf6x6 said:
parntz145":2ftkf6x6 said:
Your killing me. When are you going to post some clips????? I really want to hear the differences between the Cameron,Suhr and goloub Aldrich mods. I want one for sure and have only played the Camerons. Come on and post some clips.

Lol. You really didn't think Steve was ever going to post clips, did you? :LOL: :LOL:

Never...say never Dave :D

parntz145":34ujw5io said:

you've already played the best bro.... that i can tell you for sure

glip22":sojorccv said:
steve_k":sojorccv said:
I just got the second Adrich up and running. It was shipped without a back on it and full of ghost turds. It still has the vintage top mount octal sockets on it (McMurdy?) and one of the sockets had worked loose in the chassis mount and broke the ground from pins 1/8. Took me a bit to find that. Reflowed that and set it up with a Winged C's instead of the JJ KT77's that was in it. Its sounds a bit different and the response is a bit different than the other Aldrich. This is probably due to the trannies being replaced at some point in the life of the amp. The first Aldrich is showing a PV of around 415V and the second one is showing around 465V.

On top of all that, I found a JCM800 that I forgot I had. I was digging around and stumbled on this JCM800 2204 that was modded at Voodoo. Has Mercury iron in it. Shit, the old 800 is as smooth as a shaved beaver. :shocked:

Steve
You know you have had allot of amps when you lose them in your cave to be rediscovered at a later time. Hell, sounds like a double new amp day.

No shit.......it was hiding behind 76 Super Bass up in the spider webs.

steve_k":2k2063jd said:
glip22":2k2063jd said:
steve_k":2k2063jd said:
I just got the second Adrich up and running. It was shipped without a back on it and full of ghost turds. It still has the vintage top mount octal sockets on it (McMurdy?) and one of the sockets had worked loose in the chassis mount and broke the ground from pins 1/8. Took me a bit to find that. Reflowed that and set it up with a Winged C's instead of the JJ KT77's that was in it. Its sounds a bit different and the response is a bit different than the other Aldrich. This is probably due to the trannies being replaced at some point in the life of the amp. The first Aldrich is showing a PV of around 415V and the second one is showing around 465V.

On top of all that, I found a JCM800 that I forgot I had. I was digging around and stumbled on this JCM800 2204 that was modded at Voodoo. Has Mercury iron in it. Shit, the old 800 is as smooth as a shaved beaver. :shocked:

Steve
You know you have had allot of amps when you lose them in your cave to be rediscovered at a later time. Hell, sounds like a double new amp day.

No shit.......it was hiding behind 76 Super Bass up in the spider webs.
Oh Shit!

steve_k":2fn18nxm said:
parntz145":2fn18nxm said:

I promise.....within 48 hours! Finally got a weekend with no gigs, no work (Thursday/Friday) are weekends here. So, I am going to have a few bevi's and play with the shaved clam a bit then hit the cave. I had to repair two amps today for a guy who didn't really know what those glass things were inside.

I'm on it !!!!!!!

:gethim: Times a tickin'. :D

psychodave":25adcx3t said:
Lp Freak":25adcx3t said:
steve_k":25adcx3t said:
parntz145":25adcx3t said:

I'm on it !!!!!!!

A few more hours and 48 hours is up... :D

I just got the cave cleaned up where I can at least move around. 3 weekends in a row of gigs and the place was a fucking mess. The other two Aldrich mods were in a road case and had to unpack. Trying to figure out where to put this Zoom to get the best sound without it getting blown over :D

When's my time up?

steve_k":1irt396x said:
psychodave":1irt396x said:
Lp Freak":1irt396x said:
steve_k":1irt396x said:
parntz145":1irt396x said:

I'm on it !!!!!!!

A few more hours and 48 hours is up... :D

I just got the cave cleaned up where I can at least move around. 3 weekends in a row of gigs and the place was a fucking mess. The other two Aldrich mods were in a road case and had to unpack. Trying to figure out where to put this Zoom to get the best sound without it getting blown over :D

When's my time up?
I'm not hearing anything. :confused:

After making all those, I can't hear anything either... :aww:

While you are all sleeping tonight, it is the next day here and I will start uploading some of them.

Steve

psychodave":1ungdpgc said:
steve_k":1ungdpgc said:

While you are all sleeping tonight, it is the next day here and I will start uploading some of them.

Steve

I slept. Still no clips :hys:

You are up too early. This was for the LA crowd. Just got home from work. Hold on to your shorts..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just gonna sift through them all. That Zoom is very quirky on placement.

steve_k":1aom7j4b said:
psychodave":1aom7j4b said:
steve_k":1aom7j4b said:

Steve

I slept. Still no clips :hys:

You are up too early. This was for the LA crowd. Just got home from work. Hold on to your shorts..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just gonna sift through them all. That Zoom is very quirky on placement.
People like you Steve. You are a popular guy. :thumbsup:

psychodave":3qthfj8x said:
steve_k":3qthfj8x said:
parntz145":3qthfj8x said:

I promise.....within 48 hours! Finally got a weekend with no gigs, no work (Thursday/Friday) are weekends here.

72 hours and counting. :hys:

The clips should be extra killer since you had an extra day. ;) :D

They are. After I post them, Rob and Brad probably are going to want to fly me out to LA, first class, to do the check on the CCV Proto..... :D

coming dudes.......hold onto your shorts :D

sorry.....i got the files way too fucking big and having a hell of time uploading over here where the internet is sloooooooooooooooow as molasses. breaking them down into smaller clips now to upload.

steve_k":29iu60em said:
coming dudes.......hold onto your shorts :D

sorry.....i got the files way too fucking big and having a hell of time uploading over here where the internet is sloooooooooooooooow as molasses. breaking them down into smaller clips now to upload.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

turtlefingers":lton9mg1 said:
Things you just can't find:

1- Dwarfs twins
2- Mother-in-law kidnapping.
3- Rubens Barrichelo F1 world chapion.
4- A Codfish head.
5- Money back from Mark.
6- Steve_k clips.

:D

its a god damn good thing you put that smiley face on there......

Back