Cameron Aldrich Mod

Steve, What are your settings? EQ, Depth mod? Just wondering cause my amp is similar and your clips sounds like it has a little more low end than mine. Just thinking it might be cam too. Thanks

The Suhr and Golub I will do today and A/B them together. Will also get one of the Fortin mod.

@Dave, it was Drop D, not Drop B. But, that Tele is in Drop B, and yes I do mess around with Drop B quite a bit. I will give you a retake in standard tuning though. Probably I will move the Zoom back a little bit. I had it set on Auto right there and tried it with low and high sensitivity, but to get it really clear, I will probably have to turn them down a bit.

The first mod in the clip is a little more open to me and the second is a little more compressed. Both articulate will though. I run them a little more scooped than most probably would.

Gordo":26nmg7wx said:
Steve, What are your settings? EQ, Depth mod? Just wondering cause my amp is similar and your clips sounds like it has a little more low end than mine. Just thinking it might be cam too. Thanks

Both of them have tons of bottom end and are fairly dark on the top end until you get to the upper registers of the controls. Both are set pretty much identical across the front end with P, B, T around 2:00 (clock). Mids around 9:00, gain at noon, the saturation around 2:00. High input and nothing pulled. The first amp has a 3 way Frequency select on the back and is set to 3 and the bass boost is around 3:00. The second amp has a regular pot for the resonance and it is set around 10:00 and the bass boost about 2:00.

The first amp to me would be more reflective of an 80's amp and the second a little more modern. They were modded a decade apart from each other.

And, one final disclaimer, the first amp had the preamp tube covers off :D

steve_k":1t7vzp9c said:
The Suhr and Golub I will do today and A/B them together. Will also get one of the Fortin mod.

@Dave, it was Drop D, not Drop B. But, that Tele is in Drop B, and yes I do mess around with Drop B quite a bit. I will give you a retake in standard tuning though. Probably I will move the Zoom back a little bit. I had it set on Auto right there and tried it with low and high sensitivity, but to get it really clear, I will probably have to turn them down a bit.

The first mod in the clip is a little more open to me and the second is a little more compressed. Both articulate will though. I run them a little more scooped than most probably would.
Steve, I found the Zoom sounded best at about 2-3 feet from the cabinet and off axis. You get less of the room that way. :thumbsup:

Lp Freak":1eredu9h said:
steve_k":1eredu9h said:

Steve, I found the Zoom sounded best at about 2-3 feet from the cabinet and off axis. You get less of the room that way. :thumbsup:

Thanks...I was going to ask that. Without any carpet in the cave, it gets a little hollow. I was set up around 7' from the cabs and centered between the two. If I am recording on PT's, I usually set up a reflector board in front of the cabs with the mics in front of them. I wish the Zoom had some mic inputs. That would make it a hell of a lot better for what we need for short clips. That clip was about 5 minutes and took about 1 1/2 to upload over here.

nice clips, I like how they bloom into that nice feedback. It would be great to hear it in standard tuning. It also would be great to hear the golub and then some of the others also as I am thinking of sending an old jmp out to have someone mod it and was thinking going with golub. Thanks for posting

Hey Bro...

That was fucking great! Sounded Beefy & Nasty...

Great Playing I really thought it showcased the sound nicely! :thumbsup:

It's funny I never talked to you on the phone... But I imagined your voice exactly how it is!

Good Job Man!

RoidRage":f9d54rzg said:
Hey Bro...

That was fucking great! Sounded Beefy & Nasty...

Great Playing I really thought it showcased the sound nicely! :thumbsup:

It's funny I never talked to you on the phone... But I imagined your voice exactly how it is!

Good Job Man!

:D :D :D

joepete77":2rxv96xj said:
nice clips, I like how they bloom into that nice feedback. It would be great to hear it in standard tuning. It also would be great to hear the golub and then some of the others also as I am thinking of sending an old jmp out to have someone mod it and was thinking going with golub. Thanks for posting

The Suhr and the Golub will come out today for comparison. They are not going to have the growl and balls that the Cameron amps have. They are still smooth though and very tasty. The Fortin is going to be very grunt-worthy and articulate as hell. I will probably do a Drop B clip for it.

Steve

The tone is Godlyke, personally i like a tad more midz but doesn't sound like your missing anything.

About the Zoom, for loud clips i set the mic on "low" and place it dead center 5 to 10 feet from the cab, the mic's on the unit are at an angle so if you square up on a cab your still off axis. Setting on low, it takes a long way til you clip, plus you don't get that drop-out at the beginning. :thumbsup:

charveldan":21929oas said:
The tone is Godlyke, personally i like a tad more midz but doesn't sound like your missing anything.

About the Zoom, for loud clips i set the mic on "low" and place it dead center 5 to 10 feet from the cab, the mic's on the unit are at an angle so if you square up on a cab your still off axis. Setting on low, it takes a long way til you clip, plus you don't get that drop-out at the beginning. :thumbsup:

I noticed that too. Its like..."oh shit", it's starting. I started to try one on low sensitivity from right at 7 feet, but the bars were only peaking about 50%.

steve_k":2047dick said:
charveldan":2047dick said:

I noticed that too. Its like..."oh shit", it's starting. I started to try one on low sensitivity from right at 7 feet, but the bars were only peaking about 50%.
Turn that fugger up to 3/4, it sounds very good on playback, very clear. :rock:

This was done at 50% on "low", it was over 100 decibels in the room.......[when i say 50% i mean the level meters on the Zoom]

charveldan":3gdo8evf said:
steve_k":3gdo8evf said:
charveldan":3gdo8evf said:

Turn that fugger up to 3/4, it sounds very good on playback, very clear. :rock:

This was done at 50% on "low", it was over 100 decibels in the room.......[when i say 50% i mean the level meters on the Zoom]

Gonna give that a shot. Hey.......you don't like that Friedman mod much do you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Nice settings on it - tight and punchy.

Back