Cameron Marshall Mod

Kal-EL34":3fev2t3d said:
scottosan":3fev2t3d said:
The Facebook link doesn’t work for me. What am I missing?

nothing really. looks like Cameron was miffed that someone else worked on the amp, but Dave Friedman got in the thread and settled it.

its on the Guitar Guru network on FB, I'm sure you can find it.

I couldn't even find the GG network on FB. Is it a private group or something?

Kal-EL34":fr2dne7p said:
scottosan":fr2dne7p said:
The Facebook link doesn’t work for me. What am I missing?

nothing really. looks like Cameron was miffed that someone else worked on the amp, but Dave Friedman got in the thread and settled it.

its on the Guitar Guru network on FB, I'm sure you can find it.
i found a page for a retailer in Atlanta but I can’t see posts and no like to join :doh:

romanianreaper":rjx4os0c said:
fusedbrain":rjx4os0c said:
That looks like the amp that was for sale here in the classifieds over Christmas, shipping from Hawaii.
I don't know...sounds a little thin and fizzy to me. :confused:
I've heard better Cameron clips, but to each his own I guess.
And yup, that sounds like Reza....

Like I've said in the past, I've played this in person in Hawaii (Zachman's amp) and trust me, in person it is not thin and fizzy. Has low end and growl for days.

I heard that Reza said it had way too much bottom end (and too much bottom end in the preamp). Since you played the amp, I’m sure you would disagree with what I just wrote?

Zachman":xg4qfnru said:
It was mine, from Hawaii :yes: :thumbsup:
So that was the same one on the Oahu craigslist? Shit I would have bought it if I knew it sounded like that! :LOL: :LOL: *shaka*

psychodave":3f7v3ba6 said:
Doesn’t sound like a Cameron amp anymore. Too bad. I’m guessing the pump and dump will happen soon.

thats weird if fixing it makes it not sound like a Cameron...
IMG_9922.jpg

Kal-EL34":2gt4iz60 said:
psychodave":2gt4iz60 said:
Doesn’t sound like a Cameron amp anymore. Too bad. I’m guessing the pump and dump will happen soon.

IMG_992g

Maybe it's the way Reza records then. I've never care for his clips. This one included.

psychodave":1lev1cdw said:
Kal-EL34":1lev1cdw said:
psychodave":1lev1cdw said:

IMG_992g

Maybe it's the way Reza records then. I've never care for his clips. This one included.

interesting, I was just going thru his youtube videos, some of the best recorded tones I have ever heard on youtube. YMMV i guess... :confused:

Kal-EL34":lcs4w87i said:
psychodave":lcs4w87i said:
Kal-EL34":lcs4w87i said:
psychodave":lcs4w87i said:

interesting, I was just going thru his youtube videos, some of the best recorded tones I have ever heard on youtube. YMMV i guess... :confused:

He posted some clips of his band playing and it was really bad.

psychodave":3hltfgj7 said:
Kal-EL34":3hltfgj7 said:
Kal-EL34":3hltfgj7 said:

He posted some clips of his band playing and it was really bad.

oh wat? whats his band , i wanna see that.

psychodave":1z6ure7q said:
Well that's funny I didn't do anything to it... just clean and adjusted a trimmer

Kal-EL34":1f1hgo19 said:
psychodave":1f1hgo19 said:
Kal-EL34":1f1hgo19 said:
psychodave":1f1hgo19 said:

IMG_992g

I would agree with Dave. Reza has this ability to make awesome amps sound like the assonance knob is cranked. :dunno:

scottosan":35ft1pxv said:
Kal-EL34":35ft1pxv said:
psychodave":35ft1pxv said:
Kal-EL34":35ft1pxv said:
psychodave":35ft1pxv said:

IMG_992g

I would agree with Dave. Reza has this ability to make awesome amps sound like the assonance knob is cranked. :dunno:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Just went thru a bunch of his videos, they sound amazing, looks like all the comments on them seem to agree. So my ears may not be f’ed after all, you guys made me second guess myself. Sounds like you just don’t like the guy, which is fine, but I can’t seem to find a video where his tones are not recorded great.

RACKSYSTEMS":1do4yirx said:
psychodave":1do4yirx said:
Well that's funny I didn't do anything to it... just clean and adjusted a trimmer

4 posts below this comment I said it could be how it was recorded. :dunno:

FWIW, I don't have to like all of Mark's mods. ;)

Kal-EL34":2x8pm7rw said:
scottosan":2x8pm7rw said:
psychodave":2x8pm7rw said:
psychodave":2x8pm7rw said:

IMG_992g

Just went thru a bunch of his videos, they sound amazing, looks like all the comments on them seem to agree. So my ears may not be f’ed after all, you guys made me second guess myself. Sounds like you just don’t like the guy, which is fine, but I can’t seem to find a video where his tones are not recorded great.
I have nothing against him at all. We just dial stuff in differently. For Example, his Fortin Meshugga demo was probably my least favorite of any Fortin I’ve heard.

RACKSYSTEMS":2hvuhip5 said:
psychodave":2hvuhip5 said:

That is pretty damn funny given Reza was claiming you modded it... then again the whole post / vid presentation sounds like an attempt to generate hype in preparation for a sale :LOL: :LOL:

That tone in the OP clip does nothing at all for me. I'll take Friedman stock amps, mods and pedals over that all day long.

Kal-EL34":2hp5hsxo said:
scottosan":2hp5hsxo said:
psychodave":2hp5hsxo said:
psychodave":2hp5hsxo said:

IMG_992g

Yeah, Reza's amp demo vids are typically well recorded and sound very good. First thing I thought when I heard this clip is that he screwed up the mic position ( too close to the dust cap ).
Dave F. did say he moved the NFB from the 8ohm to the 4ohm, and that is def gonna add some brightness ( and maybe some fizz ).
I listened to the clip again last night on Genelec's in a treated room, and I still don't think it sounds as good as a lot of other Cameron clips out there....whatever...
It will probably be back up for sale next week for 5k, and and anybody who's digging the the sound of the amp can buy it then :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

psychodave":3ut3dhjy said:

He definitely sells his amps pretty quickly after getting them, I would not be surprised to see this for sale.

technomancer":isy5jnge said:
RACKSYSTEMS":isy5jnge said:
psychodave":isy5jnge said:

That is pretty damn funny given Reza was claiming you modded it... then again the whole post / vid presentation sounds like an attempt to generate hype in preparation for a sale :LOL: :LOL:

Bingo!!!
Also....the OP just joined ?????
Hi Reza!!!.
He also just posted this same video on the marshall forum under his reza name.

http://www.marshallforum.com/threads/ca ... all.99595/

The guy is a jerk off, plain an simple.

Back