Gil Yaron 59 Replica Headstock Repair

IndyWS6":3lxznvkp said:
steve_k":3lxznvkp said:
John4021":3lxznvkp said:
I know he cant play it yet,but did Greg say anything about the
overall build quality of your Yaron?

When he gets it done, anyone close that wants to pop by and give it a go is more than welcome.

Steve
Limits the crowd, doesn;t it? :LOL: :LOL:

I don't even know where he's at in PA. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It's back east somewhere. I've been overseas so long that I think in terms of time zones, not miles of interstate. :thumbsup:

steve_k":3pi7iuxn said:
He did mention re-leveling the frets a bit better, but hell, that's about any guitar.

Gotta disagree here, my Tom Andersons were a hell of a lot less than 10k each, even the one I had custom built - and none of them need a fret leveling. That's insane, for 10k that guitar should be perfect.

Unless of course it's one of those things like a Corvette restoration where there has to be imperfect paint overspray in certain spots and such. :)

stratotone":17t7cxe6 said:
Unless of course it's one of those things like a Corvette restoration where there has to be imperfect paint overspray in certain spots and such. :)

You must have seen my '58. I paid well north of 15k for just the paint - and I wasn't happy with those imperfections :gethim:

steve_k":1jxs2zp2 said:
John4021":1jxs2zp2 said:

Nothing yet and I haven't asked. I am sure it is all of what previous GY owners have raved about though. He did mention re-leveling the frets a bit better, but hell, that's about any guitar. Of course, there's all sorts of BS around about specs/wood selection/etc. for the ultimate 59 replica. The few 59's produced were probably somewhat inconsistent back in the day, so blueprints may vary from builder to builder.

When he gets it done, anyone close that wants to pop by and give it a go is more than welcome.

Steve

Ship that fucker my way...I'd love to give it a spin :LOL: :LOL:

PA, Cali....no difference....all CONUS :D

jcj":3mgu40u6 said:
steve_k":3mgu40u6 said:
John4021":3mgu40u6 said:

Nothing yet and I haven't asked. I am sure it is all of what previous GY owners have raved about though. He did mention re-leveling the frets a bit better, but hell, that's about any guitar. Of course, there's all sorts of BS around about specs/wood selection/etc. for the ultimate 59 replica. The few 59's produced were probably somewhat inconsistent back in the day, so blueprints may vary from builder to builder.

Steve

Ship that fucker my way...I'd love to give it a spin :LOL: :LOL:

PA, Cali....no difference....all CONUS :D

Don't think I won't...... :thumbsup:

rlord1974":2ogamj1a said:
IntenseJim":2ogamj1a said:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1325440

The mods cleaned up that thread. What went down over there?
Something about ODS tone and gold tympanic membranes.

Gil posted his point of view.

rlord1974":1ncwcq4r said:
IntenseJim":1ncwcq4r said:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1325440

The mods cleaned up that thread. What went down over there?
Something about ODS tone and gold-plated tympanic membranes.

Gil posted his point of view.

AndyK":cix0mjw6 said:
Not to mention the inappropriate anti-Jewish remarks (I am Jewish myself)!

PS--Could it be when the guitar with the Hebrew and English fragile warnings arrived in an Arab country, customs gave it an extra drop, to stick it to the Jews?

its totally possible the Saudis rammed the guitar on purpose. I studied international relations in college. we focused on wahabism for a while, the type of muslims the majority of Saudis are. one of our professors told us that early on in childrens educations in Saudi Arabia they are told that it is the highest honor to kill jews. they could have seen Hebrew and thought, "fuck this, this is a jews, lets destroy this piece of shit!!' then proceeded to toss it around while cursing them.

mooncobra":20ti9rhv said:
AndyK":20ti9rhv said:
Not to mention the inappropriate anti-Jewish remarks (I am Jewish myself)!

PS--Could it be when the guitar with the Hebrew and English fragile warnings arrived in an Arab country, customs gave it an extra drop, to stick it to the Jews?

its totally possible the Saudis rammed the guitar on purpose. I studied international relations in college. we focused on wahabism for a while, the type of muslims the majority of Saudis are. one of our professors told us that early on in childrens educations in Saudi Arabia they are told that it is the highest honor to kill jews. they could have seen Hebrew and thought, "fuck this, this is a jews, lets destroy this piece of shit!!' then proceeded to toss it around while cursing them.

The guitar was simply packed poorly in an inadequate case. It did not require any conspiracy or transgressions by the Saudis to damage that guitar. Just a simple drop or significant hit from another box. Drops and hits like that happen ALL the time and any seller who has a modicum of brainpower knows to how to pack to ensure the item inside doesn't get damaged (including shipping it in a proper case). It did not need to travel thousands of miles to get damaged. I've purchased things that were packed equally bad by sellers and were damaged after only a 100 mile trip. I rarely blame the shipper (UPS, FedEx, etc.) or customs as it is almost always the sellers fault for not investing the time or $$ to properly pack.

Poor packing, garbage case. Once he received his payment , he didn't care.
Should have spent $30 on packing supplies and 100-200 on a case at least. Its a 10k ax.
Unacceptable. New 10k guitar needing fret work, and trying to wipe his hands clean of his short comings.

sexy-ups-girls-13.jpg

Shoulda had my friend pack it ... :D

Necro bump!
Whatever happened to this guitar?
Last I heard it was being repaired, the repair thread turned ugly, then silence...

just went back and read the whole thing..dont understand why stevek didnt take the full refund as it was offered makes no sense..end of story

Back