Gil Yaron 59 Replica Headstock Repair

That's not my voice on the conversation. Must be something one of his Mossad buddies put together for him. :confused:

But, it's all good. It's getting repaired, strengthened, refinished and this will soon be a distant memory and I am assured it will be 110%. Let this be a lesson to you all to ask a few more questions from builders you don't know when getting from point A to point B is not straight-forward.

And, thanks for all the condolence messages from friends. Shit stirrers, people that don't know me, and condescending pricks can just fuck off.

Meanwhile, I am getting another 59 Replica built elsewhere. Shipping/packing protocol has already been discussed prior to deposit.... :thumbsup:

welcome_to_Canada_sign.jpg

Heritage Softail":37867hp9 said:
Chubtone":37867hp9 said:
This thread was like a roller coaster ride from hell while tripping on LSD..... which I have never tried by the way. I'm too much of a wuss, but I imagine that's what it was like. I'm glad I wasn't actually on the roller coaster like those involved in this transaction. Excuse me while I go ball up into the fetal position and cry myself to sleep. :)

Never been on a roller coaster...?

:D

steve_k":3724nvfw said:
That's not my voice on the conversation. Must be something one of his Mossad buddies put together for him. :confused:

But, it's all good. It's getting repaired, strengthened, refinished and this will soon be a distant memory and I am assured it will be 110%. Let this be a lesson to you all to ask a few more questions from builders you don't know when getting from point A to point B is not straight-forward.

And, thanks for all the condolence messages from friends. Shit stirrers, people that don't know me, and condescending pricks can just fuck off.

Meanwhile, I am getting another 59 Replica built elsewhere. Shipping/packing protocol has already been discussed prior to deposit.... :thumbsup:

good to hear man. can't wait to see what you get this time!!!!!!!

les pol":2a8hbzqy said:
steve_k":2a8hbzqy said:
Just off the phone with the other party's and we have reached an amicable solution that works out best for us all considering logistics and time involved.

Putting this rest. Now, let Greg get on with the repair.

Steve_k you're a f@cking cocksucker you lying son of a bitch.go f@ck your mother
Nice first post. Welcome to RT. So what is your beef in this? Surely you can elaborate since we are being subjected to your verbal excrement

I love how new people jump in a just talk shit. All the guys friends want to weigh in.

There are two sides to every story.

Go pick a guitar and turn your amp up.

Wow dude...I'm so sorry you are going through this nightmare. The seller acts like his job is done? NO....his job is NOT done until it arrives safely in your hands. Pretty crappy. But you are the kind of person that soldiers on. What ya gonna keep crying as it lays in pieces? NOPE! Pick up the pieces and do your best to put them back together. The good thing is, as most of you know, this is an unbelievably common event and repair. She can be rebuilt. I wouldn't even worry too much about cosmetics...as long as it's solidly glued in...she may show a scar or two or six :) but play like it was meant to be.

As my twin namesake......I wish you well. You are doing great keep up the good work....like they said...you will be a shining beacon for those that come after you. :)

Goodness...not sure If I should read teh WHOLE thread or not....it might suck most of the humanity out of me.

jmoor":28e0ia3g said:
I'm talking to this guy about a possible build. He's in Michigan http://kalamazooclassicseries.webstarts ... ntact.html

So you send him a guitar, he pretty much builds you a new one, and then you're even steven?

In most cases, converting a modern Gibson RI Les Paul is a major rebuild and may consist of
replacing just about every wooden component, but the rebuilt
guitar would now exhibit the following
Vintage Correct details:

steve_k":3iw2nbj1 said:

Steve, your gear-acquisition power is
9F134834-06A1-453F-9A4C-DF4C1240BC25-78582-000008A131427821_zpsc7b9585a.jpg

jcj":3ua4mknb said:
So, Gil, are you still offering Steve a full refund?

Miscommunication can be a terrible thing...
If all is true and someone drug my name through mud I sure as hell wouldn't. :thumbsdown:

Back