Gil Yaron 59 Replica Headstock Repair

i know what it is..... and my slimy hands have graced it from top to bottom,,,, smooth and soft just the way they were many decades ago ,,, ;) :rock:

pstar":ck8dyq6l said:
i know what it is..... and my slimy hands have graced it from top to bottom,,,, smooth and soft just the way they were many decades ago ,,, ;) :rock:
Dooooood.

You always lurk, rarely post, hope all is well :thumbsup:

Fuck..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The repair is on-going. It has been glued and clamped and is routed for the stiffeners. Then comes the refinish of the repair area.

The repair is what's interesting...??? Drama aside. Plenty of les paul necks and head stocks have failed during shipment.

chadprsman":3mltclpw said:
The repair is what's interesting...??? Drama aside. Plenty of les paul necks and head stocks have failed during shipment.

I've shipped a couple dozen LP's over the years without failure. This was a first for me for any damage to a guitar. Looking at pics of previous repairs that have been done, this one should be a piece of piss though. Battle scars rule.... :thumbsup:

pstar":1d9xezsk said:
twin bombs will drop soon... :D :thumbsup:
Careful, Obie and the boys monitor everything nowadays :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":1d9xezsk said:
Battle scars rule.... :thumbsup:
That's it - this is going to be the latest craze from Fender and Gibson and all the other heavy hitters...

Options:
Extreme Relic - replete with repaired broken headstock [upcharge cost model dependent, $300 to $1000]
Extreme Rockstar - replete with imbedded shattered hotel window and table glass; teeth indents; prostitute lipstick [$500]
Extreme Townsend - guitar parts come authentically destroyed in box replete with smashed and tattered case [call for quote]

Ventura":1lict5ns said:
pstar":1lict5ns said:

steve_k":1lict5ns said:
That's it - this is going to be the latest craze from Fender and Gibson and all the other heavy hitters...

Options:
Extreme Relic - replete with repaired broken headstock [upcharge cost model dependent, $300 to $1000]
Extreme Rockstar - replete with imbedded shattered hotel window and table glass; teeth indents; prostitute lipstick [$500]
Extreme Townsend - guitar parts come authentically destroyed in box replete with smashed and tattered case [call for quote]

You may be on to something Mo. Taking replica guitars to the extreme.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":e3tkwx72 said:
Ventura":e3tkwx72 said:
pstar":e3tkwx72 said:

steve_k":e3tkwx72 said:

Options:

You may be on to something Mo. Taking replica guitars to the extreme.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

been quoted 2k on the neck extreme townsend by the gibson boys,,,, have the email recently... :(

pstar":1df7impm said:
steve_k":1df7impm said:
Ventura":1df7impm said:
pstar":1df7impm said:

steve_k":1df7impm said:

Options:

been quoted 2k on the neck extreme townsend by the gibson boys,,,, have the email recently... :(

Snap your fingers, snap your neck..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":3o9g078i said:
Fender's latest:

"Sea Foam" Custom Strat Nigel Tufnel relic: You can order it, purchase it, and know you own it - but you can never look at it, point at it, or play it. Ever. [call for quote, price depends on availability, ETA 24 months from time of order, but you can never see it]

Ventura":309axqor said:
steve_k":309axqor said:
Fender's latest:

"Sea Foam" Custom Strat Nigel Tufnel relic: You can order it, purchase it, and know you own it - but you can never look at it, point at it, or play it. Ever. [call for quote, price depends on availability, ETA 24 months from time of order, but you can never see it]

I have a relationship with a super model just like that ;)

I know he cant play it yet,but did Greg say anything about the
overall build quality of your Yaron?

This was the greatest angry customer vs builder thread of all time. Angry customer takes many shots and builder comes back with massive retaliation. Thanks to all. It was very entertaining!

John4021":1mk4pwbi said:

Nothing yet and I haven't asked. I am sure it is all of what previous GY owners have raved about though. He did mention re-leveling the frets a bit better, but hell, that's about any guitar. Of course, there's all sorts of BS around about specs/wood selection/etc. for the ultimate 59 replica. The few 59's produced were probably somewhat inconsistent back in the day, so blueprints may vary from builder to builder.

When he gets it done, anyone close that wants to pop by and give it a go is more than welcome.

Steve

steve_k":2c5g4xj9 said:
John4021":2c5g4xj9 said:

When he gets it done, anyone close that wants to pop by and give it a go is more than welcome.

Steve
Limits the crowd, doesn;t it? :LOL: :LOL:

Back