Helios Guts

sah5150":1cq8ha8a said:
Kapo_Polenton":1cq8ha8a said:
Well, at least people don't have to feel so bad about spending 3k to own one because at least it is hand wired. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was expecting PCB.
Sigh… ok, deep breath… ah that's better… ;)

Just a couple things:

1.) There seems to be confusion about what "hand wired" means. My amps use PCBs, but I assure you they are hand-wired by me and an assistant who does the PCBs. What you are talking about is turret board vs. PCB.

2.) There is nothing that makes turret board construction inherently better sounding than PCB designs. Either can sound great if they are done right. There is, in fact, an advantage to PCB in terms of consistency of sound between amps because the boards/traces are identical (I'm sure that Reinhold has that under control with Bogner QC, but it's easier with PCB), but let me assure you that there is a lot of hard work in hand wiring a PCB design with flying leads.

3.) So… if they don't sound any better because of the turret board design and there is lots of hard work to design and build PCB or turret board designs, why would you feel bad about spending $3K on a hand-wired, PCB design vs. turret board… Either way, you are paying for the fact that it is American made, top quality components, great sound, great looks and all the hard work that went into bringing it to market.

Helios looks well designed, well built and sounds great!

Steve

Come on Steve, not this again! We all know your amps are top notch and put together by hand. Not implying turret sounds better. Implying that loading a turret takes longer than a pcb . That's a fact. More solder, more finicking around and bending leads. I'm saying very simply that at least the price justifies the hours or time spent doing that because bogner now has to pay someone to do the same...hencer earning the price point of the amp as you earn yours. (And deserved!) That's all! Respect.

charveldan":26y6y630 said:
$2799 plus tax & shipping only $3500 my mistake ...

I can get similar tones outta my $600 DSL

LOOOOOL!!

Anyway, great work Bogner. The amp ticks of all the boxes.

charveldan":35xraj8d said:
I don't doubt that for a second...garbage in = garbage out, regardless of what you're plugged into.

from the demos i've seen, it sounds phoneomenal. lot's of great tones to be had in that amp!

charveldan":3f5r3n9g said:
SoZo caps on a Boutique 4K amp...

I usually don't bash folks on the forums I visit, but this Dan guy...sheesh. :aww:

BackCrack":22fxnx2d said:
charveldan":22fxnx2d said:

I usually don't bash folks on the forums I visit, but this Dan guy...sheesh. :aww:

Yes, some people should concentrate on being a better player than worry about what caps are in an amp.
Anyway, the Helios looks like a beautiful build, and considering the Bogner name it's at a reasonable price point.

November5th":35n4a5bt said:
BackCrack":35n4a5bt said:
charveldan":35n4a5bt said:

Yes, some people should concentrate on being a better player than worry about what caps are in an amp.
Anyway, the Helios looks like a beautiful build, and considering the Bogner name it's at a reasonable price point.

It was simply a troll post to get everyone talking about o'l Danny boy.

charveldan":29tnj42q said:

Well I can say this for Dan's defense...

:hys:

No but really, what he means is that the differences from a cheap production model and a boutique amp are minimal when compared to the price difference. But to that I can say:

Duh!

That's what boutique gear is all about in the first place, nothing new there

charveldan":3049s9f7 said:

The amp is almost $1000 cheaper than any comparable Friedman offering. If I was in the market for an amp, I'd definitely be looking at this one for the price.

I'm sure the DSl will get "similar" tones as the BE too.

Pretty funny, some douche on the interwebz questioning Bogners amp building abilities. lol.

BackCrack":jebdv8a6 said:
charveldan":jebdv8a6 said:

Yeah, he acts like an asshole most of the time.

Man the butt-hurt is thick in the land of cock rock.

I have been working, playing golf and road riding.

Make one post in 2.5 months and ...

Bogner is trendy.

His products are trendy.

He markets to forum members so there you go.

Can he make an amp, yep, just like about 50 thousand other mother fuckers.

nOW THIS IS TONE MINUS THE sOzO ...

If nobody is holding a gun to ur head don't have to read my shit.

Blow it out yer Azz. :thumbsup:

And this sends any production amps straight to hell.

U fuggers do what u want nobody taking that away but im a grown ass man and entiltled to my opinion just like anybody else.

Don't like that Blow me.

Back