Helios Guts

glip22":1mshcbbn said:
Hopefully some of you enjoyed seeing the build. I enjoy the artistic aspect of painting with electronics. Reinhold is a great example of an amp artist with the personality to go with it. I enjoyed looking at the other Bogner amps I owned but the hand wired Helios really showcased his talent.

while we're on the subject, post pics of the front chassis...i was trying to check out the designs in the vids, but they float by pretty quick!

glip22":3ndt1dye said:
Hopefully some of you enjoyed seeing the build. I enjoy the artistic aspect of painting with electronics. Reinhold is a great example of an amp artist with the personality to go with it. I enjoyed looking at the other Bogner amps I owned but the hand wired Helios really showcased his talent.

I for one have enjoyed the hell out of seeing that artistry. The Helios is the first Bogner that has excited me and your pics have done nothing but excite me more. There will be a Helios in my future.
Thanks for posing the pics G! :thumbsup:

that dsl video reminded me of the stock "VAN HALEN" patch in my old zoom gfx 707 (my very first fx pedal, 14 years ago)

:D

ericsabbath":1a4rljie said:
that dsl video reminded me of the stock "VAN HALEN" patch in my old zoom gfx 707 (my very first fx pedal, 14 years ago)

I have a Zoom 505 and its nothing like a DSL.

My amps rock.

Feel free to poast ur own better clips thats are awesome Eric.

Ironic that 90% of the people that bash my stuff never post their own wether better or worse.... whatever the actual Fuck.

-0.000000000.5 Fucks given in this thread.

charveldan":na2re33i said:
ericsabbath":na2re33i said:

My amps rock.

Ironic that 90% of the people that bash my stuff never post their own wether better or worse.... whatever the actual Fuck.

I'd gladly record some clips for your appreciation, but unfortunately, I no longer own my precious gfx 707 (IT'S NOT A 505! THE 505 DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A STOCK ~VAN HALEN~ PATCH)
;)

charveldan":2qsimi4s said:
Helios is a fine amp, id pick one up if I got a good deal. :thumbsup:
I'll give you a great deal on a mentronome, god knows you need.

By the way: The Helios is the same price as the SmallBox.

ericsabbath":2zq5m5of said:
charveldan":2zq5m5of said:
ericsabbath":2zq5m5of said:

My amps rock.

I'd gladly record some clips for your appreciation, but unfortunately, I no longer own my precious gfx 707 (IT'S NOT A 505! THE 505 DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A STOCK ~VAN HALEN~ PATCH)
;)
I have a 505 somewhere here but havent fucked with it since 1998.

I don't care whos better than who on guitar.

Its like the gym theres always gonna be somebody stronger and someone fatter than you.

Doesn't add up to dry shit.

Are those .68uf Nichicon radial caps soldered perpendicular to the cathodes? I played hell tracking down .68uf axial caps for a Marshall repair.

Dave went on record on The Metro Amp forum to say that the new Sozos are dead nuts exact to the sound of the mustards. He said they are unlike any of the older Sozos

New or old, the Helios is a great sounding amp. Not as tidy as I would like, but the tones are undeniable. If Bogner is releasing a cleaner version, these early ones will be a much sought-after item.

Back