Langner Fans?

Shark Diver":22ljvcwg said:
So, for those in the know -

I have an original CAE 3+ (not the SE)
and an X88

Where does the Langner fit in/

Langner voicing is more sharp and vicious. Better for heavier styles. CAE 3+/X88 for lighter styles, still within the hard rock realm.

FortinAmps":9is29w8j said:
MississippiMetal":9is29w8j said:
I've seen the inside of a Marshall he modded and all I could say was :no:

Messy. Very messy.

Agreed.

What counts is if it sounds good. The Metalhead mods are much worse. :)

True. I just can't live with myself if I let an amp out the door with ugly work done to it though. I'm always paranoid some tech down the road is gonna open the amp for some reason and just be like :no:

MississippiMetal":c0yafjki said:
FortinAmps":c0yafjki said:
MississippiMetal":c0yafjki said:

Messy. Very messy.

Agreed.

True. I just can't live with myself if I let an amp out the door with ugly work done to it though. I'm always paranoid some tech down the road is gonna open the amp for some reason and just be like :no:

Sort of like your mom making you wear clean underwear in case you got rushed to the hospital? We wouldn't want the ER staff to see them skid marks...

Todd used cheeseboard for his circuits, but the preamp is simple, active EQ, effective, quiet and switches without any latency. It's packed with vintage components and 5 NOS Telsa Rosnov pre's, This thing owns.

You need to get over the aesthetics dude.

steve_k":2vitbgua said:
MississippiMetal":2vitbgua said:
FortinAmps":2vitbgua said:
MississippiMetal":2vitbgua said:

Messy. Very messy.

Agreed.

Sort of like your mom making you wear clean underwear in case you got rushed to the hospital? We wouldn't want the ER staff to see them skid marks...

Todd used cheeseboard for his circuits, but the preamp is simple, active EQ, effective, quiet and switches without any latency. It's packed with vintage components and 5 NOS Telsa Rosnov pre's, This thing owns.

Those 32 code Teslas have been my fav in V1 for about 7 years now.

thegame":3fzcnl4n said:
Shark Diver":3fzcnl4n said:
So, for those in the know -

I have an original CAE 3+ (not the SE)
and an X88

Where does the Langner fit in/

Langner voicing is more sharp and vicious. Better for heavier styles. CAE 3+/X88 for lighter styles, still within the hard rock realm.

Thanks for the info.

I think for heavier styles I'm going to talk Mike out of that "pedal" in his avatar ;)

glip22":2qmpdemf said:
steve_k":2qmpdemf said:
MississippiMetal":2qmpdemf said:
FortinAmps":2qmpdemf said:
MississippiMetal":2qmpdemf said:

Messy. Very messy.

Agreed.

Those 32 code Teslas have been my fav in V1 for about 7 years now.

They have become quite rare and expensive as hell too, Gary. Most availability seems to be a few ebay shops in Turkey or Ukraine, which I don't trust at all. The triodes and filament are just like the Tungsram, but with a bigger bottle, like a Tung Sol. Yeah, I like them too and have a couple others in a Marshall and a Mesa. They work really well in the IIC+ and in V1 of the modded Marshall's.

My Ghetto Blaster Rig for this weekend....ready to roll on.

Langner Elite preamp into the FX return of a Cameron 50 watt Jose. Wah and Boss DD3 in front of the preamp. Boss switcher to engage the boost circuit on the Langner. Running through a Marshall HW with H30's. Purrs like a kitten and roars like a lion.

You may ask yourself, why the 50 watt Cameron for power? Glad you asked.....1) 50 watts, 2) the insert loop is post master, so there is no volume control at the power amp and all levels are handled at the preamp which is fucking awesome, 3) if needed, I can switch to the front end of the Cameron head with the settings already preset without missing too many beats.

IMG_2027_zps891bc2f9.jpg

steve_k":2bmovp77 said:
My Ghetto Blaster Rig for this weekend....ready to roll on.

Langner Elite preamp into the FX return of a Cameron 50 watt Jose. Wah and Boss DD3 in front of the preamp. Boss switcher to engage the boost circuit on the Langner. Running through a Marshall HW with H30's. Purrs like a kitten and roars like a lion.

You may ask yourself, why the 50 watt Cameron for power? Glad you asked.....1) 50 watts, 2) the insert loop is post master, so there is no volume control at the power amp and all levels are handled at the preamp which is fucking awesome, 3) if needed, I can switch to the front end of the Cameron head with the settings already preset without missing too many beats.

IMG_2027_zps891bc2f9.jpg

Killer rig ! :rock:

FortinAmps":2pg6xcyg said:
steve_k":2pg6xcyg said:
pstar":2pg6xcyg said:
sir steve, any pots on the back ?

negative my northern friend...... :D

Then you have the Creator preamp :thumbsup:
72191_493121414052093_1997731342_n.jpg

Yeah, I searched through that ad-nauseum post on here from a couple years ago, with everyone arguing which is which. Whichever it is, it is a kick ass preamp. Plenty of nice, smooth gain on tap, great EQ and the boost function with the EQ control makes this preamp very tasty. I think it has a clean channel, but I couldn't be arsed with that.... :D

Steve

lespaul6":1l50f2lr said:
He lives down the road from me here in Florida.. he used to be affiliated with blue angel music here in pensacola... he is making and selling pedals for them I think..
I believe your thinking of John Landgraff ;)

I figured you'd like that thing.. It's hard not to like ;)
One of my favorite things I'd never sell. The mid knob is absolutely mind boggling
Really cool score Steve :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

steve_k":2w338gvb said:
FortinAmps":2w338gvb said:
steve_k":2w338gvb said:
pstar":2w338gvb said:
sir steve, any pots on the back ?

negative my northern friend...... :D

Then you have the Creator preamp :thumbsup:
72191_493121414052093_1997731342_n.jpg

Yeah, I searched through that ad-nauseum post on here from a couple years ago, with everyone arguing which is which. Whichever it is, it is a kick ass preamp. Plenty of nice, smooth gain on tap, great EQ and the boost function with the EQ control makes this preamp very tasty. I think it has a clean channel, but I couldn't be arsed with that.... :D

Steve
The clean is actually very usable :yes:

Back