Langner Fans?

Just listen to the early Viscous Rumors albums, its that exact tone ;) The boost has a fat control that adds just a bit of lower mids to my ear
The cleans are not quite fendery, but they are very good and usable.
It does respond to the volume control, but probably not like you are hoping it does (gain channel) there is so much gain on tap that it crosses the line of "cleaning up well" But the gain structure is absolutely glorious.
The clean channel responds to the vol knob well for a lot of different variations of clean up to fairly gritty with some edge

I sent mine off for a mod....it is a hell of a preamp. Can't wait to try it with the Two Notes Torpedo Live and some active monitors.

the two pot rear the elite version what change in the sounds??additional gain one for both channel??

steve_k":18yh38et said:
I sent mine off for a mod....it is a hell of a preamp. Can't wait to try it with the Two Notes Torpedo Live and some active monitors.
Watcha getting done and who is manning the iron??
Hyper mods??
Just curious :yes: :yes:

Matte23":ed1m44uj said:
the two pot rear the elite version what change in the sounds??additional gain one for both channel??
No idea, mines a Creator
Then there are the Elites, with the controls you mentioned on the back..
Then I believe the Hyper mods came last before Todd quit making them if I understand the timeline correctly
Would love to hear those :rock:

JTyson":z95c9h4b said:
steve_k":z95c9h4b said:
Watcha getting done and who is manning the iron??
Hyper mods??
Just curious :yes: :yes:

Fortin

JTyson":59xqmnw1 said:
Mr. Willy":59xqmnw1 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but is this the same preamp that Dean DeLeo uses?
I thought he was using Demeter's (??)
maybe not?

I think you're right. I knew he's used the same preamp for years but I couldn't remember the name.

I'm waiting my Langner DCP-1 Elite preamp, I've found one at very low price and I hope I can receive it in this week... but a question for the owner, what is the limit pot?? anyone have a scanned manual/jpg?
Thanks to evrybody
Matte

I had Todd build my first guitar rack for me and he also modded my ADA MP-1 preamp at his shop in Oakland, CA. I should have bought his original 3TM mod for the MP-1 preamp when he offered it to me. I now own 2 ADA Depot 3TM modded MP-1 preamps that were reverse engineered from Todd's original ADA 3TM modded MP-1 preamp.

The Langner modded Marshall amps & his custom preamps/power amps are hard to find and are going up in price.

Guitar George

The DCP-1 is one the best preamps I ever owned. The X-99 Caswell is my other favorite. Todd modded a Soho Preamp for me also. Not as good as the DCP-1. The modded ADA's are cool. I seen Tyketto way back with Brook St. James using one..killer tone..

I've received my Elite preamp two weeks ago...and I've tried it live the last week, amazing!! the lead channel sounds high gain without being muddy and very easy to setting up.
Anyone knows the tube layout??
mike fortin??

Matte23":2xgcwwok said:
I've received my Elite preamp two weeks ago...and I've tried it live the last week, amazing!! the lead channel sounds high gain without being muddy and very easy to setting up.
Anyone knows the tube layout??
mike fortin??
Congrats :rock: :rock:
I have the layout somewhere, I'll try to dig it up :scared:

Hmmm...
Well crap, its been awhile, I cant seem to find it. I know Mike Fortin knows the layout but he's very very busy
I know its from left to right V1-V4 are gain stages, its V5 I'm not sure about. I know mine was very finicky about V1, I ran through several before finding one that could take being pushed that hard without some oscillation. That will be the main one to work with
Hope that helps ;)

Mike Fortin answers to my mail so herethe tube layout from left to right with the controls facing the person:

V1= OD gain stage 1 and 2
V2= OD gain stage 3 and 4
V3= OD gain stage 5 and Cathode follower
V4= Clean stage 1 and 2
V5= Cathode follower 1 and 2 for output buffer driver

Back