Langner Fans?

thegame":393tizco said:
Shark Diver":393tizco said:
So, for those in the know -

I have an original CAE 3+ (not the SE)
and an X88

Where does the Langner fit in/

Langner voicing is more sharp and vicious. Better for heavier styles. CAE 3+/X88 for lighter styles, still within the hard rock realm.
This..
Have not heard a CAE 3+, but had a buddy with an X88
The X88 is similar in gain maxed out to the Langner with the gain at 11 o clock. The Langner gain at 2 o' clock is stunning.
It does slightly compress, but in a good, very usable way. Equally good for rhythm/lead work, which is kinda unusual

screamindemon":m9yzme1o said:
JTyson":m9yzme1o said:
screamindemon":m9yzme1o said:
WWHHAAASSSSUUPPPP :LOL: :LOL:

Whats up buddy ! :D

These guys that havn't played one just don't know do they ! Maybe I should buy the one in the classifieds ! :doh:
Yes.. Yes you should :D
We should hoard them... all of them we can get
But I cant afford another one at the moment :cry: :cry:

steve_k":3nqo14ra said:
FortinAmps":3nqo14ra said:
steve_k":3nqo14ra said:
pstar":3nqo14ra said:
sir steve, any pots on the back ?

negative my northern friend...... :D

Then you have the Creator preamp :thumbsup:
72191_493121414052093_1997731342_n.jpg

Yeah, I searched through that ad-nauseum post on here from a couple years ago, with everyone arguing which is which. Whichever it is, it is a kick ass preamp. Plenty of nice, smooth gain on tap, great EQ and the boost function with the EQ control makes this preamp very tasty. I think it has a clean channel, but I couldn't be arsed with that.... :D

Steve

It's the same Steve, no worries :) Just the elite has switchable gain pots on the back panel.
Cheers,
Mike

JTyson":2eonrd7f said:
lespaul6":2eonrd7f said:
He lives down the road from me here in Florida.. he used to be affiliated with blue angel music here in pensacola... he is making and selling pedals for them I think..
I believe your thinking of John Landgraff ;)

Jim you are correct... Im an idiot :no:

lespaul6":2g0nsyrq said:
JTyson":2g0nsyrq said:
lespaul6":2g0nsyrq said:
He lives down the road from me here in Florida.. he used to be affiliated with blue angel music here in pensacola... he is making and selling pedals for them I think..
I believe your thinking of John Landgraff ;)

Jim you are correct... Im an idiot :no:
Dude, no worries
It takes WAY more than that to make someone an idiot ;)

FortinAmps":lv046sbt said:
steve_k":lv046sbt said:
FortinAmps":lv046sbt said:
steve_k":lv046sbt said:
pstar":lv046sbt said:
sir steve, any pots on the back ?

negative my northern friend...... :D

Then you have the Creator preamp :thumbsup:
72191_493121414052093_1997731342_n.jpg

Yeah, I searched through that ad-nauseum post on here from a couple years ago, with everyone arguing which is which. Whichever it is, it is a kick ass preamp. Plenty of nice, smooth gain on tap, great EQ and the boost function with the EQ control makes this preamp very tasty. I think it has a clean channel, but I couldn't be arsed with that.... :D

Steve

It's the same Steve, no worries :) Just the elite has switchable gain pots on the back panel.
Cheers,
Mike

Too many options gives me a headache..... :rock:

So Steve.....this tone...just something totally different then what you had?
You got me intrigued.. :D
As a fellow Gear Whore....We Smell our own. :LOL: :LOL:
Sounds like your on to something good my friend. ;)

Mailman1971":31lrho2l said:
So Steve.....this tone...just something totally different then what you had?
You got me intrigued.. :D
As a fellow Gear Whore....We Smell our own. :LOL: :LOL:
Sounds like your on to something good my friend. ;)

Yeah, we got to do a lot of butt-sniffing to come up with something really cool Danno..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They actually suck. I don't want anyone else to buy them so I can take them all off the market first.... :D

steve_k":3s2fao4p said:
They actually suck. I don't want anyone else to buy them so I can take them all off the market first.... :D
Spoken like a True Whore....
This means I need to buy anyone I see. :D

steve_k":m8u1oi6n said:
Who all has owned/played a Langner DCP-1 Elite preamp? These things have the sweetest 80's/90's Marshall tone. No pedals required. Todd had his shit together when he designed these.

Unboxed it yesterday and running into the back end of a modded Marshall FX return. 2 foot-switchable channels and a foot-switchable fat boost. Played it at practice last night and I may just ditch the Axe FX this weekend in lieu of this rig. Just running a Boss DD3 up front for leads.
Steve I owned 2 years ago when they first came out. Had a friend who was a good friend of Todds...got them brand new very cheap. First one was a great pre-amp...but I wanted an additional gain pot on the back (as if there wasn't enought already)...so instead of having Todd just mod it, I sold that one and bought another from Todd with the additional gain pot added on the back. Not sure but I think after that...they all had the gain pot added to them. I know Lynch's Langner pre had it added...at least that is what his tech said at the time. Anyway...the second pre-amp I got wasn't as sweet sounding as the first. Little stiffer if I remember correctly. Eventually sold that as well. Should have kept the 1st one as it had some magic. Besides...at the time I was also using a modded ADA...modded by Todd himself. Anyway...been a lifetime of years and amps ago.

jabps":6tkeejha said:
steve_k":6tkeejha said:
Who all has owned/played a Langner DCP-1 Elite preamp? These things have the sweetest 80's/90's Marshall tone. No pedals required. Todd had his shit together when he designed these.

Unboxed it yesterday and running into the back end of a modded Marshall FX return. 2 foot-switchable channels and a foot-switchable fat boost. Played it at practice last night and I may just ditch the Axe FX this weekend in lieu of this rig. Just running a Boss DD3 up front for leads.
Steve I owned 2 years ago when they first came out. Had a friend who was a good friend of Todds...got them brand new very cheap. First one was a great pre-amp...but I wanted an additional gain pot on the back (as if there wasn't enought already)...so instead of having Todd just mod it, I sold that one and bought another from Todd with the additional gain pot added on the back. Not sure but I think after that...they all had the gain pot added to them. I know Lynch's Langner pre had it added...at least that is what his tech said at the time. Anyway...the second pre-amp I got wasn't as sweet sounding as the first. Little stiffer if I remember correctly. Eventually sold that as well. Should have kept the 1st one as it had some magic. Besides...at the time I was also using a modded ADA...modded by Todd himself. Anyway...been a lifetime of years and amps ago.

Cool info. Just goes to show you that amps can be same same, but different.... :thumbsup:

This one is have is a Creator, not an Elite. No knobs on back, and I really don't think it needs anymore gain. I was running it only around 11:00, anyway. And, it is smooth as a newborn's ass. I suspect these were assembled on "parts available".

Steve

Shark Diver":qq3ov05w said:
thegame":qq3ov05w said:
Shark Diver":qq3ov05w said:
So, for those in the know -

I have an original CAE 3+ (not the SE)
and an X88

Where does the Langner fit in/

Langner voicing is more sharp and vicious. Better for heavier styles. CAE 3+/X88 for lighter styles, still within the hard rock realm.

Thanks for the info.

I think for heavier styles I'm going to talk Mike out of that "pedal" in his avatar ;)

No problem, glad to help.

Good luck on the "pedal". All I ever got there was a backpedal.

fueling the gas...nniiiccceee...seems u r really diggn it..... hey, regarding that other possibility (pm) we discussed the other day, u gona commit ?

Anyone can describe the sounds of the two channell and boost?? how it react to volume pot of the guitar?? what kind of clean sound (fenderish??)?
Thanks
MAtte

Back