[Massive update!!] Remote V3, VB-101, C.A.B. & Live

guillaume_pille

newsletter.jpg

Dear all,

the whole Two Notes team is proud to present the new Torpedo Remote V3! This new remote opens the hardware unit to “La Boutique”, our growing cabinets library including Two Notes cabinets but also Capture Masters cabinets.

Release notes

First of all, please do NOT to do that update if you are currently in a recording process or 10 minutes away from a concert. The firmware updates involve a change in the tonal characteristics of your presets (for the better of course).
Please note that Torpedo Remote V3 is not compatible with the past versions of Torpedo firmwares. Once you install Remote V3, you will have to update your Torpedo VB-101, C.A.B. or Live. Remote V3 is not compatible with Torpedo VM-202. To proceed to the update, Torpedo Remote must be launched from a computer connected to a valid Internet connection, with your Torpedo VB-101, Live or C.A.B. connected via USB. The first step will be to create a Two Notes personal account. With the account, you access all the Two Notes online services (updates, cabinets on La Boutique, a universal license for all Torpedo products, support, etc…).

You will find all the necessary information here, and and in case you encounter a problem during the update, please check the knowledge base and send us a ticket if you don't find a solution.

And, most importantly: MAKE GOOD MUSIC! :rock:

Why do I need to be connected to the internet to install software? My studio computer is not on the internet because it takes too long to download stuff since it is far away from my router. Is there no offline solution?

Hi everyone!I'm a little confused about the new vb 101 3.10 firmware update...let's see it

1-VB-101 is now Stereo/Dual Mono! Ok..so..what does it mean exactly(practical example if it is possible)and if i can use separate cabinets feeding each output individually,how can i do it in hardware terms/steps... :S

2-with this new update in the setup menu in audio section the output mode is now dissapeared..I only can see 5 parameters instead 6 like before(with the output mode parameter included)

I'm a little lost about it so all the help will be appreciated and I will post in spanish forum.

...because the new version of Torpedo Remote which will need to be downloaded, will then need to go to the Two Notes servers and download the new firmware to install it on your hardware.

In addition if you want to download any new cabs or audition them you'll need an internet connection.

Can you just run a long E0 cable to your Router?

young01cj":1elxsz59 said:
Why do I need to be connected to the internet to install software? My studio computer is not on the internet because it takes too long to download stuff since it is far away from my router. Is there no offline solution?

Guillaume; as the tonal characteristics have changed, do you recommend that users rework the mic positioning etc. on their patches, or should our existing patches still apply without the need for any change save for re-checking the levels perhaps?

What kind of tone changes are we to expect with this update?

Hi djd100, it's hard to define, but we talk about it in the news:

The virtual cabinets and the Torpedo audio processing have been re-engineered, especially the microphone placement (auto phase align), but also the Variphi and Overload parameter.

So the main thing is the auto phase alignment; That's a huge one, you'll like it. It changes the sound when you move the microphone, but more importantly it helps solving phase issues between cabinets.

And if you WANT phase effects, well, play with Variphy. ;)

Overload is improved to be more natural sounding and give a little more headroom. That is subtle but I like it better.

Hi young01cj,

all the ressources (Firmwares, softwares, cabinets, Two Notes Store) are located on the Internet. So, basically, to access all these features you need a working Internet connection.

But you only need it to do the activation ONCE and the upgrade of the Torpedo. Once this is done, you can launch the Remote from an offline computer, after you follow the installation notes. The full user's manual is not ready, but this FAQ article give you the basics (go to the Offline Computer section:)

http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgebase.php?article=206

1-VB-101 is now Stereo/Dual Mono! O...how can i do it in hardware terms/steps... :S

Hi MRHOOK,

on VB-101, you just have to press SPKR/MIC, or Miking, Or Post FX once to go on the channel A, twice to go on Channel B. As simple as that.

The two channels are mixed in stereo (meaning you have a pan setting on each channel), or Dual mono (meaning you can pan 100% one channel on right, the other on left, so the Channel A goes to one output and B to the other.

2-with this new update in the setup menu in audio section the output mode is now disappeared... I only can see 5 parameters instead 6 like before(with the output mode parameter included)

To see the new options, simply move the output level and you will see them: In A & B, Out A & B, Pan A & B.

On Torpedo Remote you access these parameters directly at the bottom of the screen (A & B channels).

Guillaume; as the tonal characteristics have changed, do you recommend that users rework the mic positioning etc. on their patches, or should our existing patches still apply without the need for any change save for re-checking the levels perhaps?

We couldn't translated the "old" preset to the new ones ("sonically speaking"), as the processing changed a lot of things.

You may not notice a lot of changes, depending on your cabinet and mic configuration. With 2 cabinets in VB-101, the difference will be more obvious.

So basically you should check your presets. I'm afraid there is no other way to do that.

guillaume_pille":lgyc9ilw said:

We couldn't translated the "old" preset to the new ones ("sonically speaking"), as the processing changed a lot of things.

You may not notice a lot of changes, depending on your cabinet and mic configuration. With 2 cabinets in VB-101, the difference will be more obvious.

So basically you should check your presets. I'm afraid there is no other way to do that.

Okey dokey, it seems I'm going to have to set a morning aside to sit with it & reprogram then! :) The only thing I don't get is why it affects mic placement though? Surely the placement reflects the real-world placement of the mics, so this should have remained the same regardless of the changes to overload & phase alignment issues etc. (unless it was wrong before of course)?

Surely the placement reflects the real-world placement of the mics, so this should have remained the same regardless of the changes to overload & phase alignment issues etc. (unless it was wrong before of course)?

Well, it's all about how close to reality we can get. ;) We find that we are now closer + we solved the issue with multi-mic techniques.

Great update the factory cabs sounds much BETTER now. More dynamic to my ears. Keep up the good work Two Notes.
One question about resizing the Remote window view S-M-XL. Why no Large view? The windows don't frame correctly on my laptop?

guillaume_pille":2taw8mba said:
Surely the placement reflects the real-world placement of the mics, so this should have remained the same regardless of the changes to overload & phase alignment issues etc. (unless it was wrong before of course)?

Well, it's all about how close to reality we can get. ;) We find that we are now closer + we solved the issue with multi-mic techniques.

Cool, that makes sense, & considering I rely heavily on multi-miking hopefully the payoff will make the effort of reworking everything more than worthwhile. :)

Hi there,

after some trouble updating my VB-101 from the early beta firmware which i got around february i think, no everything works flawless :)
A big thank you to Two Notes support, especially to Bruno.
The new Remote Software is a real timesaver :)

One suggestion for the Remote software I have:
When saving/overriding a preset i have to type in the original name every time, because in the rename text field another name is shown, not the name of the preset i'm currently in.

Another question:
How do I copy my license and all the cabs to my studio mac?
The studio mac doesn't have an internet connection and i want to use my purchased cabs and the cabs from my VB-101 with the WOS III plugin installed on the studio mac.

Thank you for your help
Matthias

Getting this message every time after trying to download:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find dl.two-notes.net

se7en":1bsiufn3 said:
Getting this message every time after trying to download:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find dl.two-notes.net

Same here. :cry: Really looking forward to trying out this update. When will it be available again?

If it helps at all, looks like it's just a waiting game for the servers right now.

From Facebook:

"Despite the new US server we launched yesterday you may still experience some very slow downloads and we apologize for that inconvenience. We recommend you to try the download later if it keeps failing. We are currently exploring new solutions to improve your visit on the Two Notes websites and web services." - https://www.facebook.com/TwoNotesAudioEngineering

Hi to all Two Notes team!
My question is -- can I go back to a previous version 2.1.12, if for some reasons I don't like this new V3.0.4 ?? (don't think that I will not like it, but just in case... :) )
I use Torpedo Live.

My question is -- can I go back to a previous version 2.1.12, if for some reasons I don't like this new V3.0.4 ?? (don't think that I will not like it, but just in case... :) )
I use Torpedo Live.

Hi angry pepper,

it is not a regular process to come back to a previous version of the firmware, and you'll like the new features.

If you are afraid to go through the glitches of a new release, I suggest you wait an extra week. ;)

Back