[Massive update!!] Remote V3, VB-101, C.A.B. & Live

Well, we will release a new remote and maybe WoS III with some minor fixes (mainly to better display when something is wrong, so the user can find the solution himself).

The servers handle the load last night so as soon as this is not a problem anymore we ill be able to go back to developing cool new features. ;)

Anyone?

Damageplan":1cdtboee said:
Hi there,

after some trouble updating my VB-101 from the early beta firmware which i got around february i think, no everything works flawless :)
A big thank you to Two Notes support, especially to Bruno.
The new Remote Software is a real timesaver :)

One suggestion for the Remote software I have:
When saving/overriding a preset i have to type in the original name every time, because in the rename text field another name is shown, not the name of the preset i'm currently in.

Another question:
How do I copy my license and all the cabs to my studio mac?
The studio mac doesn't have an internet connection and i want to use my purchased cabs and the cabs from my VB-101 with the WOS III plugin installed on the studio mac.

Thank you for your help
Matthias

Hello Damageplan,

We'll have a look at this preset saving very soon. At the moment we are focused on the very few remainings issues with the licenses and downloads, we will get back on the other bugs (like this one, on the interface), next week.

The other question should be answered here : http://support.two-notes.com/knowledgeb ... rticle=208
Basically, it's just 2 folders to copy via a flash drive to the offline computer.

To the Two Notes Team, a big thank you!, i don't know how you guys did it, now your IR technology sound AMAZING! the power amp section sounds AMAZING and the online store is great!.

This update couldn't have come on a better timing!, last friday was my birthday and this is a great gift!, besides the announcement that i will be a father for the second time!. :)

Thank again, the wait was well worth it, its like having a new Torpedo C.A.B unit all over again!.

My vb-101 remote just hangs at "waiting for connection" now....

I've had many many issues with this unit since purchasing for 3 grand - the last few of which I was told - "new firmware soon that will hopefully sort it" or words to that effect.

At this point I wouldn't even feel good about selling it to someone else.....

update - it will start if the unit is turned off, and left until the software will tell me there's nothing connected, then once restarted appears. It does however continue to tell me cabinets are missing all the time - the steady stream of error messages filling me with yet more confidence.

I know I'm probably sounding beyond irritated, its just that I was told my constant problems would be solved with this update and not only do they remain - but I now have more.

I successfully updated my Torpedo Live this weekend, I think! The entire process took about 20 minutes, and that is with my pretty slow internet connection.

One observation though......the Torpedo Remote download that I clicked on said version 3.01 but the screen readout on my Torpedo Live says I have version 2.12. Is that how it should be?

guillaume_pille":2t8dwp6d said:
Yes, the firmware version and Torpedo Remote version are different things. ;)

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks! Oh, and I checked again, it's 2.12 not 2.42. Got my numbers mixed up.

:cheers:

guillaume_pille":3cw2sx7x said:
I suggest you wait an extra week. ;)

Just updated my Torpedo Live. :( Don't like it... Seems like some transparency is gone. Sounds a bit muddy. There are some glitches in Remote - sometimes EQ knobs show mismatch with the real settings; and when Dyn 57 mic is used but picture shows "condenser". Torpedo Live has a glitch - no 99 preset - after 98 it jumps to 00. Preset 99 can be enabled only by Remote.

Hello Pepper,

The Dyn57 glitch seems to happen at startup, if you change the microphone and choose the Dyn57 again, it shows the correct picture. We'll correc this ASAP, thanks for reporting it !

I couldn't reproduce the EQ nor the Preset 99 glitch, could you maybe send us a ticket through the support and give us as much details as possible on this ?
=> http://support.two-notes.com/index.php?a=add

Regarding the sound change, you may want to check if, by mistake, the microphone is not placed at the rear of the cabinet.

Dear Kosta,

I'm really sorry about your troubles. This was a major update, we did correct a lot of old issues during the process, and we are sorry it didn't fix your specific issues. Anyway, now that we have a stable version, we'll be able to have a thorough look at your issue. Could you send us a ticket as well regarding your missing cabinets issue?

=> http://support.two-notes.com/index.php?a=add

Hi Angry Pepper,

Seems like some transparency is gone. Sounds a bit muddy.

I can assure you nothing was changed that can lead to that effect. The only tonal change is that we align the phase between the TN cabinets, but that is not something you can hear with one cabinet only. The movement of the microphone should sound more natural too, but again nothing that coud lead to a loss of transparency.

I don't say you don't hear anything, because obviously you do, but I jut want to warn you against comparison by ear with a few minutes between two tests. ;) Ear is not that reliable. In case you did recordings that show precisely the effect, I would be interested in listening to them.

guillaume_pille":3bpdl33j said:
Ear is not that reliable.
Ok. I got it ... I need to buy truly reliable ears from you. How much do you sell 'em? ;) ...
Just kidding. :D

I don't know - maybe the firmware updated with some glitch. Is it possible to reinstall it? (...to make shure :) )

So, anyway -- :cheers:

Ok. I got it ... I need to buy truly reliable ears from you. How much do you sell 'em? ;) ...
Just kidding. :D

Ha ha you don't want 100% reliable ears. It's like having a brain that records EVERYTHING perfectly. A good way to become insane. ^^

But you understand what I mean: of course we all have trained ears and are able to understand what we hear. It's just that ear is not a good absolute reference. A/B comparison with fast switching is pretty much the only way to be more confident on what you actually perceive. We do blind tests in the lab when it's really necessary, that's the ultimate tool and a good companion to subjective approach (what we all do on a daily basis).

There are no such things as glitch during the firmware update: if something goes wrong, it cannot partially load (there are a lot of control codes during the process to make sure the integrity of the original firmware file is preserved). Is the process 100% bullet proof? Well, there is always a possibility, but I assure you it's very, very, very tiny.

Maybe you should try moving a little the microphone on the preset you created, just to check if your sensation is on all positions. For example, the 0:0 position (close miking, center) is totally untouched by the new process.

Basstyra":2kgp0xce said:
Hello Pepper,

The Dyn57 glitch seems to happen at startup, if you change the microphone and choose the Dyn57 again, it shows the correct picture.

Yeah, that's right. I noticed that :) .. After I choose the Dyn57 again, correct picture recovers.

PS.
By the way, in the previous firmware (in power-amp section) some tube pictures were incorrect. Now it's fixed. Wanted to write to you about that, but didn't want to bother you... :D

guillaume_pille":2kgp0xce said:
Is the process 100% bullet proof? Well, there is always a possibility, but I assure you it's very, very, very tiny.
Do you mean process of the firmware updating?
There was nothing wrong during updating process - all installed without any visible glitches.

Basstyra":2kgp0xce said:
Hello Pepper,
I couldn't reproduce the EQ nor the Preset 99 glitch, could you maybe send us a ticket through the support and give us as much details as possible on this ?
... about these gliches

EQ knobs (not all of them, just these ones - 2kHz, 800Hz, 120Hz) erroneously indicating the values(they show maximum values instead of real) - ​​sometimes it happens after loading new cab (.tsr) in "cab/mic" bank, sometimes at Remote startup... It incorrectly shows in Remote control - Not in the Torpedo itself.

Preset 99 ...
I rotate the Preset knob through all presets - from 00 to 99 - it reaches 98 and jumps to 00. In the opposite direction - the same glitch. Preset 99 I could only call by Remote.
...Just checked again today -- works fine. :confused: Yesterday evening it didn't work...
What's going on here? ... You guys are magicians. :LOL: :LOL: You make magical devices.... :cheers:

Just wanted to chime in that I did the update last night and am happy to report it went easily and without incident. It's cool now to have the Noise Factory cabs I bought show up as available for Live.

I notice a slight change in tone as you mentioned, but for me it is definitely for the better. I hear that the high end seems slightly smoother and less aggressive in many of my patches which, for me, is a plus. This is listening back through a CLR or my studio monitors which are pretty flat and reliable.

I could see how it might be heard as muddy or lack of transparency for some depending on the patch and the style of guitar. For me, with mostly semi-clean to mid-gain and the occasional lead sound all with pronounced mids it is definitely less harsh.

We'll see tomorrow night if I notice any difference with the band in a mix.

angry pepper":2bgh4if3 said:
Preset 99 ...
I rotate the Preset knob through all presets - from 00 to 99 - it reaches 98 and jumps to 00. In the opposite direction - the same glitch. Preset 99 I could only call by Remote.
...Just checked again today -- works fine. :confused: Yesterday evening it didn't work...
What's going on here? ... You guys are magicians. :LOL: :LOL: You make magical devices.... :cheers:

That may be a problem with an older parameter (from the V1 firmware) not converted by the V2 firmware during the update process, at it should have been. But because this kind of thing is protected and checked frequently (at each startup at least), that could explain why it now works ok.

If it does it again, please send us a ticket on the technical support, I really would like to know more about this to be able to correct this. But my feeling is, you won't see it again. Wait and see :)

Basstyra":14g9ivdo said:
But my feeling is, you won't see it again. Wait and see :)

Yeah, you're right. Now everything is OK with Preset 99. :rock:

I want to report about another glitch ...

with Torpedo Live ..... When scrolling presets -- from 00 to 99 -- Preset 35 doesn't start immediately. Need to scroll to the next Preset(36), then go back to 35 - after that Preset 35 starts to work. ... The same problem is if I scroll through the presets in the opposite direction -- from 99 to 00 -- this time Preset 34 doesn't start immediately. Need to scroll to the next(33) - and then back to 34 - it works. :)

Updated my live last week and finally got around to hooking up and amp and listening to some sounds. Didn't much except preview cabs. Really like the new Browny from the boutique shop. Anyway, I think I may have found a bug or a glitch. At one point I turned "output level" knob to try and raise the volume on my headphones and the remote all of a sudden switched "looking for devices". I tried restarting remote and unplugging the usb cable. Could not get it to recognize the Live again. So I turned off my amp and the turned the live off and on again. Then it worked. But then I tried turning the output knob again and BAM, remote switched to "no devices" or " looking for devices" or whatever it says . The graphics were gone and it was just that window with the message.

Back