NGD, it's ironic...

Exo-metal

There is no end to my distain for Tesla. Friends here and beyond know it and yet life has a sense of humor when you are hunting gear...

Why it was me that found this explorer signed by the band is beyond me. In all that is unholy did that happen I'll never know but I boxed it up quick-style to have it de-molested by my painter. By special request I will have that burned off with lighter fluid or any other accelerant to restore what was done to this poor guitar.

20240227_130344.jpg
20240227_130356.jpg

Last edited:
Correct, I digress...reluctantly I fixed it🤮
Ironically I need to do a lot of fixing around here. I couldn't allow this poor guitar go on like this could I?!!!

Last edited:
The plan is my own...not to follow everyone who wants to be Hetfield. This one is getting all black hardware, SS frets and new fret markers and side dots will be abalone including the gibson logo and yes...a flat black finish. I think I might try the active Fishman system too.

The plan is my own...not to follow everyone who wants to be Hetfield. This one is getting all black hardware, SS frets and new fret markers and side dots will be abalone including the gibson logo and yes...a flat black finish. I think I might try the active Fishman system too.
Keeping the trem?

Correct, I digress...reluctantly I fixed it🤮
Ironically I need to do a lot of fixing around here. I couldn't allow this poor guitar go on like this could I?!!!
Listen man, the sooner you understand that FRANK HANNON IS GOD, the sooner you can move on with your life. He can play anything, even with the guitar slung backwards and with his teeth......
He makes EVH look like a pre schooler.

You know it, and your old HS buddy knows it......
Just accept it, and understand that he's better than ANYONE YOU'VE EVER HEARD on guitar.

:ROFLMAO: :hys: :hys: :poop::poop:

Keeping the trem?
That's IT..c'mon I thought for sure you would get in a shot or two Bobby. I know when you hear love song your heart swells with cheese only they can inspire. Afa that trem no. That will be removed and replaced by the same wood to install a standard system.

Now I need to call the Tesla recovery hotline and pray Gary Holt answers!!!!

Last edited:
That's IT..c'mon I thought for sure you would get in a shot or two Bobby. I know when you hear love song your heart swells with cheese only they can inspire. Afa that trem no. That will be removed and replaced by the same wood to install a standard system.

Now I need to call the Tesla recovery hotline and pray Gary Holt answers!!!!
Probably Alder on those mid 80’s ones. My 85 V is Alder. It’s the same red. Always thought I’d get around to changing the color and it’s only been 16 years…lol

A little backstory on Exo(Ted) and his love(hate) of Tesla....long ago, when he was playing in bands in the Bay area his HS buddy would always reference "Frank could easily play that, he's incredible!" whenever Ted and his friend would get together and jam...the conversation always went to how Frank Hannon can play anything and everything. And how Frank could play any MegaDave or Metallica or VH song BETTER than the original. Clearly his friend has Hannon on the brain. So it's a sore spot (in a funny way) for Ted and Tesla ANYTHING lol.....

Which is amazingly funny that he buys an Explorer with, of all things, Teslas signatures all over it.
:hys:

Back