NGD, it's ironic...

That's IT..c'mon I thought for sure you would get in a shot or two Bobby. I know when you hear love song your heart swells with cheese only they can inspire. Afa that trem no. That will be removed and replaced by the same wood to install a standard system.

Now I need to call the Tesla recovery hotline and pray Gary Holt answers!!!!
I love my Explorer. Suspect I'd hate a trem, glad you're taking it off.
As for the other stuff, I mean...
It's your axe to desecrate as you wish. Go down that one way dead end street. Til you walk heaven's trail. :devilish:

A little backstory on Exo(Ted) and his love(hate) of Tesla....long ago, when he was playing in bands in the Bay area his HS buddy would always reference "Frank could easily play that, he's incredible!" whenever Ted and his friend would get together and jam...the conversation always went to how Frank Hannon can play anything and everything. And how Frank could play any MegaDave or Metallica or VH song BETTER than the original. Clearly his friend has Hannon on the brain. So it's a sore spot (in a funny way) for Ted and Tesla ANYTHING lol.....

Which is amazingly funny that he buys an Explorer with, of all things, Teslas signatures all over it.
:hys:
Hey! Just so happens Frank Hannon is going to be at the Dallas Guitar Show this May.
Think I'll invite @Exo-metal

There we go, thought u lost your edge....and what road? I'm restoring it to have a tune-o-magic and stop tailpiece Bobby. Should be sick. I got it cheap. I can see why no one would want it with those signatures though.

Last edited:
Never would have thought an impulse buy of a V that was cheap at the time, in a color I didn’t care for, would become my long time #1. Once I got the Wolfetone’s in it and refretted with Jumbo’s, which was soon after I got it, the sound and the feel of the neck is home to me. Threw on some Kluson’s as well because I just think they look better than Grover style. My white, mid 2K V is exceptional as well but this is the head cheese. As much as I would like a different color I’m almost too afraid to mess with the tone in any way, which who knows with a refin?

IMG_0570 Medium.jpeg

Never would have thought an impulse buy of a V that was cheap at the time, in a color I didn’t care for, would become my long time #1. Once I got the Wolfetone’s in it and refretted with Jumbo’s, which was soon after I got it, the sound and the feel of the neck is home to me. Threw on some Kluson’s as well because I just think they look better than Grover style. My white, mid 2K V is exceptional as well but this is the head cheese. As much as I would like a different color I’m almost too afraid to mess with the tone in any way, which who knows with a refin?

View attachment 291899
You stole my avatar’s guitar you bastard

I dunno man. All Signs point to that being a pretty great axe with all the sigs there. Looks don’t really matter — it’s not whatcha got, it’s What You Give. May it inspire you both in Song and Emotion; write metal songs, chugging songs, and a Love Song.

I would say Frank was easily one of the best players they had on That Metal Show as some pretty big names would struggle, including the writer of the forum, jizzfest riff, Lay it Down. That being said, the Tesla singer sounds like Bart Simpson being strangled, if Bart Simpson was a rabid ferret. Not a big fan.

I guess Tesla really took this song too far 😂

“Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Don’t bring nothin’ close or it’ll get signed”

Thank God, I thought I'd never learn the blues Bobby.

Here ya go, knocking you and the Uncle Ted haters out in one clip:

And just for fun:

Kind of relevant tho...I've found that I get closest to that EVH tone with my SG. Dunno why. The EVH 78 Eruption I just got certainly captures that vibe, but my SG sounds like it when I'm not even trying Guess it's that Ibanez Destroyer factor.
Can't wait to see your new and improved Explorer!!!! Bet it's gonna be a beast.

I never understood how they fell short on the Kahler system with the locking behind the nut. It’s like designing the most kick ass castle and deciding, yeah, let’s put the moat around the inside of the wall.

Floyd Rose had patents on the locking bridge and the locking nut.

Back