NGD, it's ironic...

That version of Stranglehold was the tits!!
I think that explorer you got needs a custom graphic of Frank, naked, riding a bucking Bison, his cock out, playing another explorer, while with his free hand he’s jacking off a guy in corpse paint who is in a trance next to a burning, Norwegian Church. Yeah, that would be the ticket.

….or, just get a Nagel.

Just saw this thread, first off; God bless you @Exo-metal for saving that abortion of a guitar.

Secondly, did you try Naptha (aka Lighter Fluid)? That stuff is generally safe for guitar finishes. Or Isopropyl Alcohol? That stuff works pretty good on Sharpie ink. The 70% stuff (aka Rubbing Alcohol) will work but the 91% stuff available at most grocery/drug stores will work better. Its worth a shot if you're getting it refin'd anyway.

I need to choose tuners and watched this clip. Frank Hannon doesn't make tuners just shifty music or I would have bought his bc there is no better option if he did.

Anyone have any experience or preference for locking tuners?

Schallers m6 something or another are pretty good, and probably direct replacement for that explorer without drilling I would think? I like them and the Sperzels the most followed by gotoh on the cheaper end, which are still quality just not as fancy or heavy. I had some ratios on a hollowbody, but I wouldn't drop $200 or whatever the heck they're going for now on them.

I'll drop whatever it takes as long as Frank Hannon's face isn't on the tuners lol

I have some LSR tuners on my Jackson with the highest ratio made. They are really high which I like. This clip is pretty cool. It has a lot of info. Hipshot, graph tech and of course sperzal and even grover which makes sense since the have the same look as the grovers that come on the guitar originally. I don't have any experience with those though, maybe someone here can say?

It’s the one thing I don’t like about Explorers, where those tuners end up being really close together and it makes using a winder a pain in the ass.

Back