Steve Brown Sound SBS

I know there is a Kramer selling for around $379.00 that must be the one you're talking about .

ok.... so I took the SBS to a gig this past weekend. Everything started out great... buuuuut then the neck pickup kept cutting in and out. i noticed that the volume knob was loose so I tightened that, when i did, the sound completely died in the neck pickup.

When I had a minute the other day to open it up, I realized that there was a free floating cable that I couldn't figure out where it came from. The wiring was a complete mess... it looked like someone took a bowl of spaghetti and threw it in the cavity.

I suck at wiring so I emailed guitar fetish for next steps. maybe i can send it back to them to get fixed or maybe they can pay for my tech to fix it.

either way, not too happy about it's reliability on a gig. such a shame because it looks so nice.

ok.... so I took the SBS to a gig this past weekend. Everything started out great... buuuuut then the neck pickup kept cutting in and out. i noticed that the volume knob was loose so I tightened that, when i did, the sound completely died in the neck pickup.

When I had a minute the other day to open it up, I realized that there was a free floating cable that I couldn't figure out where it came from. The wiring was a complete mess... it looked like someone took a bowl of spaghetti and threw it in the cavity.

I suck at wiring so I emailed guitar fetish for next steps. maybe i can send it back to them to get fixed or maybe they can pay for my tech to fix it.

either way, not too happy about it's reliability on a gig. such a shame because it looks so nice.
That's not good to hear but it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

That’s a shame to hear. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Funny because I was about to pull the trigger on one as a pickup test mule/beater to experiment with. I still may since the rest of the guitar seems ok enough to fit the bill. Are you still happy with the rest of the guitar build overall?

My wife bought me the green showroom series for my birthday.Total surprise. She was a Trixter fan and guess she heard about SBS on Hair Naition or something. High gloss, no relic job. HSS and the checkerboard hardshell case. It's a pretty dam nice guitar. No complaints at all on the build quality. The humbucker sounds decent but seems weak when played back to back with my JB loaded guitars. I may swap it out. Floyd seems good enough. Better than the one that was on my EVH standard. The neck looks awesome and feels a lot like my Charvel custom shop. I'd say these are a win for sure.

Attachments

• 20240331_214255.jpg
    20240331_214255.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 8
Back