TS type or other "boost" pedals for Diezel's?

OK,

Got the SD-1. I can totally make it sound JUST LIKE an OD808...but I can also boost the gain more (albeit with more noise).

It's got a very similar voice to TS based pedals...but it's easier to get brighter tones with more gain.

OD808 stacked into the SD-1 with clean channel was a particularly nice sound.

Still...it's a nice voice/flavor...but by no means is it "necessary" to boost Diezels, like it is with Mesa Recto's or Marshall 800's.
That's kinda what I meant by my earlier post. You CAN do it...and get cool tones...but some amps need boosts to get their best. Diezels are not one of these amps.

I use over drives so I can dial the gain back on the preamps. I find it's clearer and more focussed that way, without compromising feel and compression. When I turn my overdrive off, the amp is set up pretty modest.

JimmyBlind":3dsq8y7y said:
I use over drives so I can dial the gain back on the preamps. I find it's clearer and more focussed that way, without compromising feel and compression. When I turn my overdrive off, the amp is set up pretty modest.

Probably not a bad idea.

:thumbsup:

Did someone of you guys ever tried a distortion pedal in front of a Diezel like a Boss DS1 just to have an another sound option?

Maxon OD808, make sure you test it out at appropriate gain levels and if you use jazz chords, it doesn't "melt" the individual chord tones.

I also run a TC Electronic with chorus+delay at 50% level in parallel efx loop. Main reason I bought the Einstein. Amp kicks ass generally speaking.

I use an MXR Classic overdrive, with the Zakk Wylde mod on it, to tight up the low end when I change guitars.
When I play live I use guitars with very different pickups and woods, so they are very sonically different.
I don´t add any gain from the MXR, but I use the tone to turn the bite up a bit =)

My two cents at least =)

They dont take boosting well, i think they are biased closer to cutoff. They dow however still reap the benefits of ore distortion EQ. Try EQ oedals instead of TS9s.

I've been experimenting recently with a TC Dark Matter pedal as a boost with my D-Moll. I was trying to get close to my VHT Sig X. It sounds quite good! Check this out:

VHT Sig X lead channel on Blow mode: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630 ... 20Mode.wav
D-Moll with mid cut on: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630 ... Midcut.wav
D-Moll with mid cut on and the Dark Matter pedal boosting: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630 ... Matter.wav

Out of those three tones, I think I prefer the D-Moll with the mid cut and Dark Matter pedal as a boost.

Peter Diezel":3np0bdjc said:
CCT":3np0bdjc said:
Peter Diezel":3np0bdjc said:
Should I build an "Attack" Pedal for soft pickers ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Honestly, no kidding.
A kind of treble or full range booster.

Honestly, if you'll build a treble booster, I'll immediately buy it!!!!! Or even better, you can build it into my amp.

A little detour here...I've been working with my DMoll through my Torp Studio for recording purposes. As I had said in my "Kudos" thread, the DMoll is my main head now. I love this head :rock: I'm continually amazed at just how effective the "tone" controls really are...Serious variety can be achieved. I've got multiple setting combinations which will be awesome for multi tracking guitar parts... Frick'n awesome :worship: Thanks Peter ;)

Ok, carry on :D

Back