TS type or other "boost" pedals for Diezel's?

In my personal opinion, the dmoll interacts best with my old ibanez ts9 (any maxon or current ts will do). If you want that really focused mid range with glassy but not overly fuzzy treble plus a bit thinned out tone that's the best choice. I also found that channel two with gain, treble and bass about noon an the mids all the way up produce my favourite lead tone combined with the ts. The clean channel can also produce a very cool vintage type leadtone when boosted responsibly. But thats only if you want to cut through the mix like a razorblade, for more subtle ambient tones the diezel is better the way it left the factory. Oh and don't use the mid cut on stage, it's a lovely Feature for the Studio but live you definately dont want to spoil the amps perfect mid range structure with that. So go for a tubescreamer if you want to increase your attack and overtone Feedback but Hands off if you are after that diezel Trademark-my guitar makes the bass Player obsolete tone. ;)

I've got a Maxon OD820 at home that I loved before it stopped working properly. Think I prefered it to my TS9.

thepowertube":xhbp07et said:
but Hands off if you are after that diezel Trademark-my guitar makes the bass Player obsolete tone. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: Oh, that's great! That would make a great signature line :rock: :D

Thanks for the tips etc. I'm just doing recording stuff now and using the mid cut quite a bit. Good to know that it may not work well live ;)

It's ten minutes after I posted this and I'm still laughing about this :rock: :LOL: :LOL: :worship:

OK, the TS style boosts are the most common(not surprisingly)here with the 808's as TS9 styles seeming to be the most popular.

Another boost that I just ran across on YT, and seems to be highly regarded, is the VFE Focus. Anyone have any experience with it?

CCT":2n6o7hcq said:
OK, the TS style boosts are the most common(not surprisingly)here with the 808's as TS9 styles seeming to be the most popular.

Another boost that I just ran across on YT, and seems to be highly regarded, is the VFE Focus. Anyone have any experience with it?
I think a lot of people prefer that mid hump that the TS types gives.

RJF":2itqg8r2 said:
CCT":2itqg8r2 said:

I think a lot of people prefer that mid hump that the TS types gives.

VFE Focus is a mid booster. At least that is how VFE is marketing it. They refer to it as the ultimate mid booster.

Overdrive/boost with midi switching capabilities to implement in a rack of need be with a simple compression feature(switch or knob) possibly a switch to boost high mids if wanted. If all features were midi capable it would be excellent but on/off is all I would care about.

Compression feature should be switchable too so it could be dual purpose. Say for cleans you could turn the comp on but leave the od/boost off or turn it on for a little grit. Mostly nothing new here but I should totally get a free one :p I'll give you a big old hug!

Peter Diezel":bn5ytq8v said:
Once again,

should I build a pdeal and what features should it have !!!

:gethim:
3 or 4 knobs, something modeled after an 808/OD9 type pedal. A midi chip in it WOULD be awesome, but not necessary if it drives the cost of the pedal up considerably. Most of us running midi have a loop switcher already. But, having MIDI would be really cool. Lastly, incorporate the Herbert's mid cut feature, but make it to where the knob could sweep or boost mids. "Center" or 12oclock could be no cut or boost, CCW cuts mids CW boosts mids on the knob. Don't forget blue LED's. :yes:

RJF":1gsucnym said:
Peter Diezel":1gsucnym said:
Once again,

should I build a pdeal and what features should it have !!!

:gethim:
3 or 4 knobs, something modeled after an 808/OD9 type pedal. A midi chip in it WOULD be awesome, but not necessary if it drives the cost of the pedal up considerably. Most of us running midi have a loop switcher already. But, having MIDI would be really cool. Lastly, incorporate the Herbert's mid cut feature, but make it to where the knob could sweep or boost mids. "Center" or 12oclock could be no cut or boost, CCW cuts mids CW boosts mids on the knob. Don't forget blue LED's. :yes:

Well yeah but you wouldn't be able to control the rest of the functions with a loop switch though

Hmm, didn't think about midi controlling multiple functions, or the pedal really even having multiple functions. Was thinking get the level/gain/mid sweep where you want it then midi switch for on off.

I guess my thought was keeping it pretty simple, modeling after say a Maxon 808 in my mind, but knowing Diezel it would be less "dirt simple" and more "cadillac" like with bells and whistles. For me, I'd like to see the cost be as low as it could be. It would be tough to justify $400 for a boost pedal when the Maxon 808 is $100, but I'm just one consumer with one opinion.

Well I was thinking clean boost/overdrive/comp kinda like a three in one with some toggle or knob options since you would put those in front of the amp anyway. I Figure bogner has their pedals that really only do one thing and they're around 250 then it kinda get not all that unreasonable. Plus you know it's going to be killer unique with pete working on it.

Plus you figure all of the djent guys always use a compressor and high mid "attack" and you get a really versitile pedal that would appeal to a lot of people really. Compressed cleans are badass, sometimes just a clean boost is all you want and sometimes you want a little flavor from an OD. I'm done though I think I've jibber jabbered enough hahaha!

Jibber jabber away! I see your point. I have the solution, a loaded pedal that is a boost/OD/compressor and a second pedal that is just a booster with a mid cut/boost pot for a lower cost.

There, it's all laid out nice and simple for Peter. :LOL: :LOL:

My wish would be a Pedal which acts like a treble boost to push those high frequencies with which some kind of fuzzier sound can be achieved.
Not another device with the sound on board that Diezel is already known for. Having an another sound option is great. I'm thinking of the rhythm guitar in rock you like a hurricane. For those songs you need this kind of voicing or distortion.
Diezel amps are nearly perfect. 1-2% still left for being perfect. So with this kind of pedal you could give the amp a little bit more sag, fuzz, upper mids to cut better and leave the lead guitar more air to breathe.

I think this lack of some of those frequencies is responsible for selling his own Diezel amps.
With that kind of pedal -> perfect amps!!!

Peter I know you don't like those Mickey Mouse sounds, but it doesn't need to be too much Mickey.

That would be are dream.

Back