TS type or other "boost" pedals for Diezel's?

thepowertube":3czd6ga0 said:
Oh and don't use the mid cut on stage, it's a lovely Feature for the Studio but live you definately dont want to spoil the amps perfect mid range structure with that.

that´s EXACTLY what I felt, when I took my Herbert to our rehearsal room...

As fine, as the Midcut creates Space in the mix in the studio, where you normally want to decrease frequencies with a post EQ, it works much nicer without the midcut in a band context, where you can easily find yourself in the roaring low mids

Recently tried a MXR GT-OD in front of my Einstein to get a bit more grit and bite and it worked like a charm.

Peter,

Would love to hear a treble boost along the lines of the old Cornish boosts from the 80's. Just something to add a bit more "hair" or "bite" on the top end. The Diezels I have played and owned all have a very well rounded tone to them and the eq works extremely well, so I am not talking about just turning up the treble on the amp. A treble boost that could potentially overdrive depending how hard you slam it. That would kick ass!!!!! :thumbsup:

Yowza...

Bit of a cocked wah type vibe going on in this one. Kinda wish they would've demonstrated the sweep of the pedal with this amp a bit. But still interesting.

This is just a treble boost to get more attack and gain
by lazy right hand. But ...... it fits great in this case for
riffing. But what´s about a fat lead tone ?

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Personally, there's plenty of high end(treble) available with the D-Moll.

Realistically speaking, what everyone is going for is something that "could" enhance the "Diezel" tone even further-which is completely subjective of course-if that's even possible :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

If one wants an aggressive sound, ya do need to play hard.

I'm definitely only interested in making the lead tone a little more flavorful. I wouldn't change a thing about my rhythm. Maybe super simple a toggle choice for treb or mid boost with one knob and a switch to turn on some light compression for sustain.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":3dcmyfkm said:
I'm definitely only interested in making the lead tone a little more flavorful. I wouldn't change a thing about my rhythm. Maybe super simple a toggle choice for treb or mid boost with one knob and a switch to turn on some light compression for sustain.

That combo would make sense...especially the comp/sustain :thumbsup:

Peter Diezel":1ua97tyv said:
This is just a treble boost to get more attack and gain
by lazy right hand. But ...... it fits great in this case for
riffing. But what´s about a fat lead tone ?

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Herbert (or any other Diezel) doesn't need any help for a thick lead tone. Only more raw bite for riffing.

xXDaveyJonesXx":30qpishm said:
Yowza...

Bit of a cocked wah type vibe going on in this one. Kinda wish they would've demonstrated the sweep of the pedal with this amp a bit. But still interesting.

Thats the best clip of a Herbert I've heard in a long time. That is pretty much how I have my OD9 setup to sound like when on.

Papa,

I'd love a simple dirt/distortion pedal housed in a EB Volume pedal. Maybe a concentric knob for minimum/maximum gain, a knob for tone, and a knob for overall volume.

So the Diezel dirt could be ramped up from nearly clean to over the top.

So, I build a Rangemaster clone and tried it yesterday with my Herbert but wasn't too impressed. Guess we need something for modern amps.
The Fortin Grind on the other hand seems to be exactly what I am looking for!

Peter, if you could build something like the Grind, tailored for your amps that would be awesome!

I think a pedal to add the thick tight fizziness (somewhat like orange/mesa) would be awesome. My Diezels cover everything else perfectly without.

This is a little left of the boost-pedal suggestions: but one of the things that I really like about Diezel amps is how well Peter has tailored the sound of the drive/gain tones. Great tone across all gain levels and minimal-to-no unnecessary noise to muddy up that superb sound.

What I think would be really interesting would be to hear Peter's take on the "fuzz" pedal sound. It would showcase a different kind of gain structure than the typical Diezel preamp sound, but I think Peter's attention to detail would really have something to offer.

Peter Diezel":ep41g36n said:
Once again,

should I build a pdeal and what features should it have !!!

:gethim:

Similar eq curve to the tubescreamer, cuts lows and highs leaving mids intact. Something that can be used with added distortion and ALSO can be set up for an actual clean boost.

As far as i can tell most are using these pedals to increase the compression and as pre distortion EQ. NOT for added gain. All of your amps are already firebreather.

I also would buy a diezel boost pedal.

Fortinnhas a new pre distortion eq pedal but it has very limited parameters to tweak.

According to Mike Fortin the Grind is basically a booster with an additional EQ curve and similar can be achieved with a parametric EQ.
Anyone tried an Artec parametric EQ in front of their amp to give the signal a little bump in the upper-mids for a better cut? It's quite cheap, so I might just give it a try.

Back