Say something bad about the Shure GLXD16 wireless

I can't. Had mine for almost 4 years now and it's amazing. Never had a single issue with it and very easy to use. I gig somewhat regularly in various sized venues and bars. Worth every penny for me. No latency I've experienced, clean signal, never cut out on me (that I could tell), and the tuner is awesome.

There’s NOTHING bad about it. Do it. Order it now. Can’t imaging going back to a chord. Some major advantages: 1. No chord/freedom (that’s a given), 2. Battery pack is rechargeable. Footswitch/tuner shows the strength of the battery so you always know how much life you’ve got. Charge lasts a LONG time, imho. 3. Strong, strong signal. Sounds as good or better than a cable. 4. Built in tuner is good. Actually allowed me to remove my beloved Boss tuner from my pedalboard and free up space. 5. (And this is pretty cool) when you tune or when your guitar volume is all the way down, it cuts the sound completely like a noise gate. Even with high gain and boosted, with my guitar volume all the way down, all hiss and noise is gone. I LOVE this unit. Can’t imagine going back.

Edit - if you like right angle input jacks, you’ll need to order it separate as the input jack that comes with the unit is straight.

Yeah. thing changed my life. I literally have not plugged in in a year. Single best addition to make playing more enjoyable. Love walking around the house with the amp maxed

There’s NOTHING bad about it. Do it. Order it now. Can’t imaging going back to a chord. Some major advantages: 1. No chord/freedom (that’s a given), 2. Battery pack is rechargeable. Footswitch/tuner shows the strength of the battery so you always know how much life you’ve got. Charge lasts a LONG time, imho. 3. Strong, strong signal. Sounds as good or better than a cable. 4. Built in tuner is good. Actually allowed me to remove my beloved Boss tuner from my pedalboard and free up space. 5. (And this is pretty cool) when you tune or when your guitar volume is all the way down, it cuts the sound completely like a noise gate. Even with high gain and boosted, with my guitar volume all the way down, all hiss and noise is gone. I LOVE this unit. Can’t imagine going back.

Edit - if you like right angle input jacks, you’ll need to order it separate as the input jack that comes with the unit is straight.
I also removed the boss with this tuner. I used mogami cables before. coincidently, have mogami gold cables for sell if you like being tied to your amp like a dummy

I
I discovered it months after I was using it. Lol
I try to keep one fully charged at all times. I ran out of battery completely one time. Ruined my fucking day. I looked at that dusty cord wrapped up in the corner, and it was a real struggle. Like when you see those heroin addicts at the methodone clinic. The struggle is real

I really liked mine, however there was some interference with the wireless Shure mics our singers used that caused theirs to hum. Of course the guitar player always loses out.

For the size stages I play, a cord is fine, but I do miss the wireless.

Yeah... in hindsight...

Back on topic, that was the best wireless I used. I had no issues with another band I was with, and the other singer had the same GLX-D that I had, and no issues. Love having the tuner and the battery lasted forever. There were times I would have the tuner display on when playing so the keyboard player could have a reference note and follow along when he didn't know the song

Had mine for 5 years, never a hiccup. Tuner is awesome, battery life is crazy good. Sound is better than cable,imo.

Cannot go wrong with this.
I noticed this too. I used longer cables so I could move on stage, jump off the walls, and when I moved to this unit, the tone was clearer, better than the longer cables I was using.

I noticed this too. I used longer cables so I could move on stage, jump off the walls, and when I moved to this unit, the tone was clearer, better than the longer cables I was using.
I have the rackmount G90 and with some amps it colors the tone in a bad way.. even with the cable adjust emulation. Did you guys use this with multiple amps or?

I have the rackmount G90 and with some amps it colors the tone in a bad way.. even with the cable adjust emulation. Did you guys use this with multiple amps or?
I used it with my Boogie, Fractal, and acoustic - just as good if not better than a cable. No coloring at all

Only bad thing I’ve experienced is the cable for the wireless sender to guitar brake. Both me and the other guitarist in my band have tried this. And the cable is around 50 usd

Only bad thing I’ve experienced is the cable for the wireless sender to guitar brake. Both me and the other guitarist in my band have tried this. And the cable is around 50 usd
I read about this phenomenon a lot when researching the wireless units. Not just from shure, though. I know when I went to a death metal concert last, a lot of the guys had the battery pack on their belt or whatever. I can see maybe it breaking like that. I keep my battery pack on the strap. I think i also bought a really good holster for it, too.

After using mine for a while I needed a replacement also. You can get better-than-oem cables made with Mogami wire and Neutrik connectors. From memory it was $40-50 and understand that part “wears” quite a bit as I would unconnect/reconnect for every performance from battery pack.

As others have mentioned the built in tuner and long battery life are great!

Back