Say something bad about the Shure GLXD16 wireless

I have EMG 81's and Fishman Fluence picks up. I get the odd crackling on them, but not on my SD Humbuckers. Any idea if there is a setting I can do to remedy?
EMG81s here and no crackling issues for the past year. I've done a large number of shows, multiple weekly practices with it, never had an issue so far.

BUMP

The ~2 yo charging wire connector and jack on the pack I had finally died after being a bit hit or miss for a while.

Just received the new one from SW and they've made some really nice improvements.

1. Deeper belt clip.
2. Unit has a standard USB-C jack now so no more custom charging cable.
3. Lower profile antenna.
4. Battery door/lock is more robust.
5. Significantly larger battery - considering the size of the pack EDIT only got a bit thicker. Same outline.

20230503_155911.jpg

100% compatible with the old guitar cable interface and of course the receiver.

The best just got better! :cheers:

Last edited:
BUMP

The ~2 yo charging wire connector and jack on the pack I had finally died after being a bit hit or miss for a while.

Just received the new one from SW and they've made some really nice improvements.

1. Deeper belt clip.
2. Unit has a standard USB-C jack now so no more custom charging cable.
3. Lower profile antenna.
4. Battery door/lock is more robust.
5. Significantly larger battery - considering the size of the pack EDIT only got a bit thicker. Same outline.

View attachment 201175

100% compatible with the old guitar cable interface and of course the receiver.

The best just got better! :cheers:
I am glad that we have a new Donnie B here as the old one was banned. I was wondering if I was just going to be fucked when the batteries went out. I am glad to know that they have a new situation. Out of curiousity, did you have to buy it, and how much if so?

Re-check the OP for a big correction.
I had to buy it. Come to find out the old one is 100% discontinued. Tx and Rx.
Zero backward compatibility.

Off to buy a new receiver.
Buy wireless from Sweetwater so I get the added warranty support.
this makes sense. I think i read that ours was discontinued and left obsolete. But mine shows no sign of dying. **fingers crossed** I don't want to have to go another route. I can't go back to a cord, but the tone of the shure is pleasing and home. Don't know what the next would be.

Back