Say something bad about the Shure GLXD16 wireless

My bassist and I have both been using the Sure GLX for the last few years. Can't say enough good things about it. It works perfectly, sounds better than a cable to me and it's super easy to set multiple units to different frequencies. We've never had a single issue.

Edit: I had multiple Line 6 wireless units prior to that. I kept going back to them because I really liked the tones, but I had nothing but problems with all of them. The Sure is a bit more dough, but light years better. I'll never go back to L6.

Last edited:
I should mention on these units that they’re built like a tank. The floor unit and battery pack are both heavy and solid. I think they’re powder coated metal. I’d always carry a cable to a gig because that’s just smart, but I wouldn’t hesitate to gig with these. I’d make sure my battery was fully charged and maybe even have a back up battery pack, but I wouldn’t worry about gigging these units at all.

Has anyone used two of these on stage, ala guitars or guitar and Bass? Any issues between them? How does that work?
Yes. I keep mine on a different channel and we never had a problem.

The only bad thing after all these years is my guitarist's battery I'd dying fast now. He also plugs his pack in for days at a time. Lithium ion batteries don't work like that.

Yes. I keep mine on a different channel and we never had a problem.

The only bad thing after all these years is my guitarist's battery I'd dying fast now. He also plugs his pack in for days at a time. Lithium ion batteries don't work like that.
Ah, yeah... I just juice mine up the day of the show. I have two, one for Eflat and one for D and just turn them off and on as I swap guitars. Why does he plug them in days long? ...Maybe not do that.

After using mine for a while I needed a replacement also. You can get better-than-oem cables made with Mogami wire and Neutrik connectors. From memory it was $40-50 and understand that part “wears” quite a bit as I would unconnect/reconnect for every performance from battery pack.

As others have mentioned the built in tuner and long battery life are great!
Where do you buy a better cable? :)

Nothing bad to say at all. The Shure units are great. They are reliable. My bass player uses one. He doesn't like the size of the pack and has had one battery issue with it that needed to be replaced. Other then that, all good. I get about 50 meters more range then him when we tested the other unit I got to compare.

I didn't get one because wanted something with a smaller battery pack for when I play live. I use the Sennheiser XSW-D pedalboard unit. It works super well and the range is amazing. After using it for a year and a half, I got a second one for my other board. Very reliable and works amazingly well.

Hey guys, anybody use one of these Shure GLXD16 units with active pickups? Heard other units can sometimes be noisy with active pickup guitars...

Another happy user here.

The only gripe (which is minor) that I have with it is that I wish it had a cable input also in case your battery runs out mid-show. Way easier to just grab a cable and plug into the GLXD (and still retain your tuner functionality) than it is to have to bypass the GLXD and either have an extra tuner on your board, or go without a tuner for the rest of the gig.

Another happy user here.

The only gripe (which is minor) that I have with it is that I wish it had a cable input also in case your battery runs out mid-show. Way easier to just grab a cable and plug into the GLXD (and still retain your tuner functionality) than it is to have to bypass the GLXD and either have an extra tuner on your board, or go without a tuner for the rest of the gig.
You go through two batteries? That is like a marathon gig.

Yeah, I can’t see a fully charged battery running out of charge before a gig is up. There’s an issue if that’s happening. Those charges last forever, plus you can see how much charge it has on the footswitch. If you play a gig and the battery dies, that’s user error, imho. Always, always, always carry a backup cable though. That’s just smart.

Damn it. I'd promised no more buying shit.

So when you all say "no latency" you mean like 0.00 even when playing really fast stuff?
There's no sense of dragging at all?

The Shure is great, but like someone else I've also had good performance from the Sennheiser XSW-D pedalboard system.
Every now and then I'll grab a cable and really can't tell any difference.

Back