Vid from my KISS tributes gig this past weekend

Thanks for all the kind words fellers! Most of our outfits come from a guy named David McBrayer who’s pretty well known in the replica world. Super nice dude. I have a local costume designer making me the Ace “Hotter Than Hell” belt and shoulder piece.

I have the lightning thigh highs being made by the guy that makes the boots for David’s costumes out of Mexico. $400 vs $1100 if I ordered them elsewhere and all custom fit.
And you do an amazing job of Ace btw!
Your voice is great and the playing is great as well. Just a great job! I'm always defending KISS from haters and as we all know, there are alot of KISS tribute bands out there, but you guys shine above them.
😎🤘😎🤘😎🤘

Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words! I really love doing this gig. Nice to actually have a band of nice dudes to boot.

Oddly, our longtime drummer quit 11 days before the gig. Our “Gene” found this guy. He only had 1 full band rehearsal and just killed it.

That is probably the coolest thing I've seen so far this year. Super Cool Jer. Great job to all of you and thanks for sharing that. I remember when you first started talking about doing this and I'm glad you got it done with 5 stars man :yes:

I'd much rather come see you guys then the real deal no shit. Just frickin awesome.

Edit - wow, what a story about your drummer. Wonder why he quit so close to the gig?

And you do an amazing job of Ace btw!
Your voice is great and the playing is great as well. Just a great job! I'm always defending KISS from haters and as we all know, there are alot of KISS tribute bands out there, but you guys shine above them.
Yeah man people LOOOOOVE to hate on KISS. I don’t get it. Sure they’re not heavy like Sabbath or Priest was back then but hell, 100,000 Years, Strange Ways, She, I Stole Your Love... so much good rock. Wasn’t all Beth FFS!

And yeah man Ace is absolutely the guy that made me want to play rock guitar. I personally consider it an honor to put on the makeup and suit and do my best to pay respect to the guy that inspired me to play

:m17:

That brings back so many memories I got to see them on their last I mean they're last I mean they're last tribute tour Or was it their last tribute tour Great job
man funny enough, I had seen KISS at least a dozen times in the non-makeup years. Never caught them on the reunion stuff til March of last year. One of the guys at work is in the entertainment portion of our company so he got me a pair of tickets to see them in Laughlin, NV. Was a killer show and literally a week before the world shut down for Covid.

Very cool!
Thanks man! We should do an Ozzy/KISS package in TX! Lol!

That is probably the coolest thing I've seen so far this year. Super Cool Jer. Great job to all of you and thanks for sharing that. I remember when you first started talking about doing this and I'm glad you got it done with 5 stars man :yes:

I'd much rather come see you guys then the real deal no shit. Just frickin awesome.

Edit - wow, what a story about your drummer. Wonder why he quit so close to the gig?
Dude thanks so much!

The old drummer had a lot of stuff happening and not really good at managing his stress. Too bad as he’s an AMAZING “Peter”. Literally sounds just like him vocally.

Bummer but the new guy is phenomenal AND he’s a fellow Masshole like yours truly! Good energy and super positive dude.

Well done! You guys ain't half stepping! Sounds really good and the production is killer! Has to be warm In that suit and makeup! Loved all the songs man. Really cool!

That was awesome but just once, I’d lIke to see the Vinny Vincent Ankh character in a SSIK tribute band where they only play deep cut material.
I'd love to do a VV/EC makeup gig!

Well done! You guys ain't half stepping! Sounds really good and the production is killer! Has to be warm In that suit and makeup! Loved all the songs man. Really cool!
Oh man it is swamp ass central after the show! LOL! Thanks!

You guys should do something from The Elder. Maybe The Oath, I or Mr. Blackwell. Crowd would love it. Plus Magic Touch from Dynasty or Tomorrow and Torpedo Girl from Unmasked. Some of the unmasked songs would sound awesome with that mid 70 Kiss sound.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words! I really love doing this gig. Nice to actually have a band of nice dudes to boot.

Oddly, our longtime drummer quit 11 days before the gig. Our “Gene” found this guy. He only had 1 full band rehearsal and just killed it.
He's probably been playing those tunes for 40 years starting in his parent's basement so he was well prepared lol. But 11 days out to be ready for a full show and costume etc is def. a tight schedule. Why did the guy quit just now when you guys are hitting the "big time"!? :p - EDIt - you answered it already nevermind!

I'd love to do a VV/EC makeup gig!
Awesome. Here is Vinny giving you the wave of approval.

26996349_1792024424206282_1444603445_n.jpg

More good news; the costume won't set you back too much. You can find stylish Women's Blazers for under $50 at discount plus size ladies apparel stores everywhere:

21691148_1792024474206277_148665554_n.jpg

And as far as the makeup goes, put aside the war paint, pickup some cheap Maybelline and just watch some reruns of cheeseball 1980's sitcom Designing Women for application tips and you'll be a splitting image of VV circa 2020, completely up to date!

You guys should do something from The Elder. Maybe The Oath, I or Mr. Blackwell. Crowd would love it. Plus Magic Touch from Dynasty or Tomorrow and Torpedo Girl from Unmasked. Some of the unmasked songs would sound awesome with that mid 70 Kiss sound.
I REALLY want to add:
• Magic Touch
• Tomorrow
• The Oath
• I
• Strange Ways

You guys sound killer!
Thanks man!

killer man, looks like a blast too!!
Oh man it's a total blast. The great thing is first, I am a HUGE KISS fan, and B... people are already there to LIKE what you're doing! LOL! You don't have to win them over.

Back