Who owns the most expensive amp on Rig Talk?

japetus

I say we put all the cards on the table..who's got the rarest, most expensive amp on RT in 2021? This is the thread to show your dick.

Three 2C++, Coliseum 3++ and a Mark III++. The shit behind it is a 67, 71 and 72 Marshall super leads and a Cameron CCV. Rack is self explanatory. Eight 4x12’s off to the right. Sold off most everything. 🤣
1631244400718.jpeg

Tiago has us all bested, I'm pretty sure.
Few can compete with him there. Some of the amps I have that he doesn’t could maybe make the honorable mentions list after his stuff

My most rare amps are my ptp prototype Purpleface VH4 (most rare amp I’ve owned), Blueface, Colisuem and ccv. I guess the market would decide which is most expensive, but none are for sale

I use to have a DAR FBM and Forza. I think there were like 9 or 10 FBM’s made and the Forza was serial #16. They sounded imo decent, but nothing amazing

Few can compete with him there. Some of the amps I have that he doesn’t could maybe make the honorable mentions list after his stuff

My most rare amps are my ptp prototype Purpleface VH4 (most rare amp I’ve owned), Blueface, Colisuem and ccv. I guess the market would decide which is most expensive, but none are for sale

I use to have a DAR FBM and Forza. I think there were like 9 or 10 FBM’s made and the Forza was serial #16. They sounded imo decent, but nothing amazing

Yeah that purpleface is rad.

And I'm pretty sure he has like 2 ccvs and a couple of other Cameron modded amps, in addition to everything else (which is insane)

And I completely understand, nothing of mine is for sale, but esp the Larry 822 and the 6at6 matchless clubman someone would have to offer pretty stupid money for. Like, buying a small house money.

I'm sure alot of people have cool stuff, but Tiago has to have everyone beat 😂

I have some fairly rare stuff. I don’t know the value of all of it. I haven’t really worried about it.

Most rare, and most likely most valuable, is my factory original Mesa IIC++ long head. It’s not an upgrade. It was built by Mesa as a IIC++. I hand carried it into Mesa and had Mike B go over it. He confirmed it’s one of around 12 ever factory made. All were made for artists. None available to the general public. It’s the same spec as the Hetfield amp, just owned by a different artist.

I have a Bogner 100b. I believe they made 100 or so.

Pre production Cameron CCV. Pretty rare.

Production era Cameron CCV. 1 of 25 made.

All original 1969 Marshall 100w super lead. And a matching 1968/69 Marshall 4x12. Both in amazing condition.

Friedman JEL. 1 of 50 made.

I have a bunch of other amps but those are the most rare.

The most valuable amplifier I own is George Metropoulos’ Metroplex #001 which was the very first production metroplex George ever made and tuned to his 68 plexi. The entire series isn’t manufactured anymore and there’s only a handful in existence.

I own my blue collar modded 1974 Marshall that is a 1 of 1. Id sell it for $10k 😂

I own a 1998 Bogner 101B which has the Mercury magnetics OT stock which is rare but not the most valuable amp I own.

Back