Who owns the most expensive amp on Rig Talk?

The guy whom doesn’t show it.

-just like we think we know who the richest man
on Earth is!!!
-you really think “they” are that f’n dumb?
Obviously most people do!! LOL!

Expensive certainly isn't the same as good. I played on two actual Dumble. I didn't like them. Not that they are bad. I feel the same about 90% of the amps.
Exactly, builders can price their amps how ever they want to. If they price them at ridiculous prices, ridiculous people will buy them. There's the whole, "wow if it's that expensive it's gotta sound great" 9 times out of 10 it doesn't sound great, but it still doesn't stop people from buying them, because they've effectively brainwashed themselves into thinking that their tone is fantastic with these unattainable amps.

rockinchippy probably has the most killer amp collection known to fans of 80s music and probably music from other decqdes as well

rockinchippy probably has the most killer amp collection known to fans of 80s music and probably music from other decqdes as well
Yeah we know, we saw his stickin’ his chest
out collection video.
HOWEVER, he’s prolly’ in a 3rd place.
He sure as hell ain’t #1.
That would be..Big “T”.

Bogner Ecstasy 100b serial - - / (001).. The first production XTC. Sold it about 18 years ago to a friend and member here. He still has it. Not the most valuable amp, but certainly notable, and worth a chunk of change.

you may own the most expensive amp on RT, but what are you doing with it? making music of interest to millions?

:unsure:

All this Talk gives me a question. If you put aside “My amp was owned my someone you want to cuddle with their nutsack” and just focus on the value of the amp itself, what amps exist that have a realistic value north of a IIC+ Coliseum but south of a Dumble? That’s a big span of price and I have no idea who lives there.

Lmao
FA9FB67E-A75B-45E0-8D51-36088BBD111C.jpeg

All this Talk gives me a question. If you put aside “My amp was owned my someone you want to cuddle with their nutsack” and just focus on the value of the amp itself, what amps exist that have a realistic value north of a IIC+ Coliseum but south of a Dumble? That’s a big span of price and I have no idea who lives there.
Two come to mind based on recent auction prices for new builds: Gjika 10N and Jim Kelley Line. Not too far above C+ Coli’s, though. They used to be much more accessible a few years back - like $5-10K, but their change in business model (auction, only) and limited production has driven amp prices into the $20K++ realm. They’re not “metal” amps, for sure, What remains to be seen is what resale values on them might be? And, how C+ Coli’s appreciate over time….

Yeah we know, we saw his stickin’ his chest
out collection video.
HOWEVER, he’s prolly’ in a 3rd place.
He sure as hell ain’t #1.
That would be..Big “T”.

Lol what is this video? Sounds hilarious

Also who is Big “T”…point me to a vid or some clips?

I think I have a very rare vintage Peavey Vypyr with an 8 inch speaker.
Well, I think it’s important that you all know this. Last weekend I saw that old Peavey viper 15 in a cabinet. It’s been in my basement for about 12 years. I decided to put it on Facebook marketplace and believe it or not sold within 30 minutes! $20 bucks. Did the transaction at our Walmart parking lot. A lovely ending.

Back