IIc+ pricing...worth 10k?

But the JPC was suppossed to kill the value of the old ones........................
Yeah, I guess that never happened, right? I’ve never played the JPC. I’m sure it’s cool if your not trying to do a direct comparison? Seems like it’s got some great features.

If I’m spending that kind of money on an amp I’d rather it untouched and I send it in myself, much like if I was buying a vintage muscle car I’d rather have a stock motor then rebuilt even if it is by someone reputable.

Well from someone who also has a few nice muscle cars... If I'm spending top dollar... I expect top dollar condition.

If I'm buying a "barn find"... I expect to pay "barn find" price. As you don't know what you might run in to during the restoration.

I don't see too many "unrestored barn finds" covered in spider webs with the original battery at the Meccum Auctions.

Pricing is MORE than $10k. I'm consistently getting offers on my amps, especially my KG+/++ Coliseum.
Is the ++ coli a mark 2 or 3? I've seen two mark 3's sell in the past month for 4-5.5k. I'd imagine they are the next boogie to blow up in price.

I’ll just say this……. This amp sounded great. It sounded like me playing through a great amp. No better, no worse, but not different than some of my other amps honestly. That’s the truth and I learned this many years ago. I sound like me after 40 + years of playing. It’s still fun to play thru something new every once in a while though.
You understond what most people don't. No amp will turn you into the king..

Yeah, I guess that never happened, right? I’ve never played the JPC. I’m sure it’s cool if your not trying to do a direct comparison? Seems like it’s got some great features.
It was a cool amp but it sounded weak and small compared to my III++ with 105 so I sold it.

Well from someone who also has a few nice muscle cars... If I'm spending top dollar... I expect top dollar condition.

If I'm buying a "barn find"... I expect to pay "barn find" price. As you don't know what you might run in to during the restoration.

I don't see too many "unrestored barn finds" covered in spider webs with the original battery at the Meccum Auctions.

well "barn find" is a little broad, someone could have parked their rare whatever untouched piece and died suddenly and then the thing sat for 40 years, most car guys i know would pay more for the barn find in that case than a restored one they had no involvement in. i wouldnt not buy the amp if it was serviced but id just prefer it not

I will say the Brian dude from Kix fooled me for quite a while until I walked behindo_O his 4 marshall cabs and 3 marshall heads

tbh the JP2C and many of the modelers get close enough that it makes no difference...

at least to the one fucking tone that anyone uses with a 2c+.
That's like me saying any one of my modded Marshalls can do your Larry tone all day.
I mean, they're a Marshall circuit right?
No.

Same difference. No Mark IIB, III, IV, V, JP2C has the clarity, harmonic content and bouncy feel of the real deal C+. Just like any number of my past modded Marshalls will NOT sound just like your Larry. As cool as the Camerons, Friedman, Monomyth, etc etc have been they just won't match what your Larry can do.

Sometimes you gotta pony up the cash to experience the real deal.

Back