Looking for more information from Rig-talk's most knowledgeable

Lately, I have found out that rolling back the guitar knob is best for high gain tones. A different Rig-talker wrote a book on tone, and taught us that we need to throw away our badass 100 watt amps for the gimmicky 20 watt amps the get the full spectrum of tonal tonacity... Just wondering if i can ferret out any more gems. If you are a weird fucker that wants to sprinkle snake oil, here is a good place for me to listen to you vomit nonsense.

I can’t live with out a 100 watt head . My ear likes the tone RIGHT BEFORE the amp about opens up . My ear always ends up there . Only 100 watt does that thing for me . Kinda weird I know
I am not a wizard expert, but I hear that Rick designs his amps to get the power amp involved at lower volumes. On my amp it is right around 10 oclock that I am into it. That falls around 103 decibels. If i go up to 110, it's a bit much for the room I use. A lot of saturation. Might be just a W800 thing. the past amps I have used (100 watts or go fuck your mother) it has always been 12 oclock that i like best, anything else had too much power amp saturation for my preference of tighter metal tones

I am not a wizard expert, but I hear that Rick designs his amps to get the power amp involved at lower volumes. On my amp it is right around 10 oclock that I am into it. That falls around 103 decibels. If i go up to 110, it's a bit much for the room I use. A lot of saturation. Might be just a W800 thing. the past amps I have used (100 watts or go fuck your mother) it has always been 12 oclock that i like best, anything else had too much power amp saturation for my preference of tighter metal tones
I agree about the wizard . 9 to 10 o’clock had this weird sweet spot that is perfection. It’s pretty unique. I never need to go past 11 o’clock ever . And a good thing because my wizard on half way completely drowns out my 180 watt Herbert. It’s pretty wild

in other news, because I don't layer a distortion pedal preamp onto an already high gain amp head, and roll my volume down to compensate, I know absolutely nothing about recording guitar.

in other other news, I got a friend to cut a killer solo on my newest tune @Smashedguitarist

maybe i should have told her she could have gotten her tone with a 20 watt amp, just dial some bass back in on the eq!

so glad I learned from all these book writing experts!

in other news, because I don't layer a distortion pedal preamp onto an already high gain amp head, and roll my volume down to compensate, I know absolutely nothing about recording guitar.

in other other news, I got a friend to cut a killer solo on my newest tune @Smashedguitarist

maybe i should have told her she could have gotten her tone with a 20 watt amp, just dial some bass back in on the eq!

so glad I learned from all these book writing experts!

Yeah. You know nothing...Who would use a 100 watt Larry, when you could use a 15 watt evh? https://www.evhgear.com/gear/amplifiers/head/5150iii-15w-lbx-s-head/2256020000

Btw when Dimebag used his Wizard in the studio they mentioned it was loud when thru found his tome he used .

I like to roll my 100 watt amp back to 20 watts with my guitar’s volume knob. Sometimes I’ll only dial it back to 90 watts and save the spare 10 watts for that extra push over the cliff.
You can also use the tone knob on the guitar instead of the presence knob. They do the same thing. Just like with amps, the solid state ones don’t have a presence/tone knob like most of my Charvel's

Nothing sounds as good as amps with chicken head knobs and everybody knows it.
Chicken head knobs always kinda irked me aesthetically honestly and even worse is those plastic switches instead of metal ones for power and stand-by. Sadly my Diezel's and JMP2203 have that, but still look cool despite that

Back