Poison was the best 80s band

Definitely Not my fav ‘80’s band but, they had catchy tunes, which stuck in you head ( even if you hated them) that were very radio friendly…
I wonder if they were the most $$ successful of that era? Maybe…
Does anyone know? 🤔

Last edited:
Its clowns like poison that killed rock.
Funny to watch Arsenio Hall pretend to be interested in glam rock.

The only Poison song I really liked was Fallen Angel. These bands were my two favorites from the 80s.

These. Poison are good but these are where it's at for JCM800+Chorus goodness. Not to mention Def Lepard and the Rockman into a studio desk.

What happened next was Guns n' Roses and that was that.

I was sorta shocked when i learned
that CC did the solo(s) on some Warrant records
Man, I don't know about that...CC has that same 'frenetic' vibrato that KH has...it's pretty noticeable...Joey Allen's is far different, more smooth and just plain better. Can't think of any solos on the first 3 albums that remotely resembled CC.

I’m super serious . My favorite guitar solos of all time are Ritchie Kotzens on Poisons Native Tongue. I literally listen to it for all those perfect solos . Btw someone sell me the tab book for my collection please

This album is the reason I started playing guitar. Absolutely love the fuck out of it and it instantly made Kotzen my favorite guitar player ever

When they came out, they were just about invisible to me, sort of like Twisted Sister. I just can't take anyone seriously who looks like that. I've mellowed in my old age and I've hung out with Rikki, who is a very cool guy. So I'm a little less critical of their music. But back in their hey day - hell to the no. In the 80s I lived for VH, Rush, Loudness and Maiden. The full door size poster of Jon Bon Jovi on my sister's bedroom door was enough to turn me off from them, though I liked 7800 before they got real big.

Bobby Dall lives right around the corner from me.... nice guy. I would have loved to have their success....

I'd think Def Leppard would be up there too. Pyromanic and Hysteria were massive, with tons of individual hits and huge tours.
Hysteria is one of the best-produced albums ever made, IMO. It was like a blockbuster movie or something when it came out. It's the king of hair metal albums.

Back