noise suppression/gating

I don't use gates anymore, but was having a discussion with a friend about them. And I was wondering if everyone still sits in the same place on them now. Braintheory has tried some that I wanted to try, but were sold out by the time i was ready to pull the trigger. I have had three zuuls. Anyone used any rackmount stuff? I want to know what the hell is going on, damn it. Give me answers. Also, anyone tried the wizard gate yet?

I use a cheap 80s DOD rackmount gate.

The best pedal gate I've used is the LWA endless blockade, at least for my uses.

The gate is a huge part of how I shape my tone . I set a tight gate so I can then push my harder than most . I believe it helps bring more out the amp actually

I use a cheap 80s DOD rackmount gate.

The best pedal gate I've used is the LWA endless blockade, at least for my uses.
I heard the endless blockade was badass. You still have it?
what the hell wouldnt you use a gate for?? dude youre playing at home, get a ns2 like the rest of the normal world and turn it off while youre playing if you just cant handle the 2% tone loss while its on. fuck lol
ha. I have a zuul. i could put it in front and barely turn the knob..
The gate is a huge part of how I shape my tone . I set a tight gate so I can then push my harder than most . I believe it helps bring more out the amp actually
I have been playing a lot less actual metal lately. So I am paranoid about sustain, and don't need that hardcore stop/start

I have been playing a lot less actual metal lately. So I am paranoid about sustain, and don't need that hardcore stop/start
the Lone Wolf Audio guy is practically your next door neighbor. He's in Pflugerville

I don't, unfortunately - i sold it in anticipation of buying the double blockade, the tannhauser - but unfortunately they stopped making the chips, so he stopped making them.

The Blockade is a much more smooth and sustain friendly gate than say, the zuul, but the zuul excels at the super gated modern thing. Which isn't my thing. But its still a product that has a following for a reason, whether I find it useful or not.

If what you want is a natural sounding sustain, the blockade is by far the best gate i've ever used for that purpose. You're going to get a lot of comments about Joe's personality after this response, but he doesnt make them anymore, so you arent going to deal with him. Youd have to get one used.

I don't, unfortunately - i sold it in anticipation of buying the double blockade, the tannhauser - but unfortunately they stopped making the chips, so he stopped making them.

The Blockade is a much more smooth and sustain friendly gate than say, the zuul, but the zuul excels at the super gated modern thing. Which isn't my thing. But its still a product that has a following for a reason, whether I find it useful or not.

If what you want is a natural sounding sustain, the blockade is by far the best gate i've ever used for that purpose. You're going to get a lot of comments about Joe's personality after this response, but he doesnt make them anymore, so you arent going to deal with him. Youd have to get one used.
I remember the stuff about him. but his website says he is shipping them after the new year. I would rather deal with the guy in person, so that we understand eachother a little better. But i can't find a physical place where he works out of

I remember the stuff about him. but his website says he is shipping them after the new year. I would rather deal with the guy in person, so that we understand eachother a little better. But i can't find a physical place where he works out of

Maybe he made a revised version with the new gate chip everyone has been using? I would just facebook message him. He's generally very good about getting back to people.

I sent him some beer from one of my beer groups, so I have his address if you want it. I think he works out of his house.

Edit - I texted it to you

Well my amp with a 808hw boosting is so quiet, that you can hear the mains power with it cranked as long as you are silencing strings. that's about all you hear. With the sd-1 i just got, the hiss comes, though. that's got me thinking about putting a gate right after just to kill that.

Back