NAD : Wizard Modern Classic II

I always loved pantera. I would have called someone a liar that said he used wizard amps, lmao. Funny, the two amps i have are a wizard and a randall solid state amp. I am such a poser and had no idea.

I always loved pantera. I would have called someone a liar that said he used wizard amps, lmao. Funny, the two amps i have are a wizard and a randall solid state amp. I am such a poser and had no idea.
Honestly Dime was the reason I heard of wizard . As a young boy I bought the gear he talked about and hated it . I knew there was a secret sauce somewhere lol

I think the Dime guitar tone legacy is becoming as much Fuckery as the EVH legacy... 99% bullshit. Lol! I've seen a lot of Darrells guitar shit he owned and if he did use tube amps, (other than the Krank garbage later on), they were studio equipment and not stuff he owned. There were only Randall's, Kranks, and a Marshall 8100 in his studio when I was there... (the 8100 supposedly belonged to Greg Tribbett).

On a side note, as long as Dime lives on through guys chasing his tone, I'm cool with that regardless.

Awesome...Congrats...Sounds great! My favorite amp to date.

I use an MXR 10 band in my MCII and boost it and it's one of the best low volume amp I've owned.

Update: I have used the MXR exclusively for the last 18 years and have never tried any other EQ...until recently. Well...using a new to me TC 1140 with the MCII, I concur that this setup definitely needs considerable volume to open up and sound good, but when you do with this eq...wow! I thought the Wizard was open/organic with the MXR...much more so with the TC.

The MXR 10 band is a different animal and I stand behind my original statement that combined with a Wizard is one of the best low volume amps I've experienced. The Wizard by itself or with the TC 1140...absolutely not the best bedroom volume amp setup. I now understand why so many folks say the Wizards, and many many many other amps, are not the best for low volume situations, but that changes completely in my experience when using the MXR...that goes for every amp I've ever owned, not just Wizard.

I think the Dime guitar tone legacy is becoming as much Fuckery as the EVH legacy... 99% bullshit. Lol! I've seen a lot of Darrells guitar shit he owned and if he did use tube amps, (other than the Krank garbage later on), they were studio equipment and not stuff he owned. There were only Randall's, Kranks, and a Marshall 8100 in his studio when I was there... (the 8100 supposedly belonged to Greg Tribbett).
Still don't know why anyone wants to sound like him.

An MXR 10 band in the loop using it's volume slider solves this for me. Like having a second master with much more precise control.
Exactly what I use, EQ set flat using the volume for a solo boost....you can also add a shit ton of gain from the slider of that pedal but for clean / transparent volume only boost in the loop its far and away the best solution I've found for mine.

I worship his tone and feel like everyone else should.
Because his tone was massive as fuck. I hear a lot of people shit on his tone. It makes me laugh. That was THE sound when I was in high school. His riffs were badass and his solos were badass. One of the best bands ever. But I am a big fan of the empty harsh disortion from a well designed solid state. I may be a tube amp snob, but i am SS snob too

Because his tone was massive as fuck. I hear a lot of people shit on his tone. It makes me laugh. That was THE sound when I was in high school. His riffs were badass and his solos were badass. One of the best bands ever. But I am a big fan of the empty harsh disortion from a well designed solid state. I may be a tube amp snob, but i am SS snob too
I loved his tone on CFH and Vulgar so much . Then far beyond was a little nasty but still cool . Then trendkilk was amazing again . Then the last album was good but a lil weirder . I love pantera so much lol it’s ridiculous. I use to see them every year. What a time

Back