So, what do you guys do for a living?

Yeah, pretty much. I think that’s around 55 floors on Illinois St. downtown. Highest I’ve been up is around 80. After 3 it really doesn’t matter, if you fall you’re a goner. lol
180’ straight up in a lift can be a real lonely, eerie place. Hahaha!!! Good times! :loco:

I physically could not do your job. I have vertigo. I can work with dangerous animals or with machines that can rip your arm off, or a lathe that will brain you if you leave the chuck in... But I could NEVER be up that high, ever.

If your going to leave the fucking Chuck Key in while turning it on, make sure the boss is standing close by. :LOL:

LOL

i did that, on accident, ONCE.

The chuck broke through a steel door, and the insulation and steel wall behind the door, and outside.

That scared me enough to where i would, never, never again leave the chuck in, ever. Honestly im lucky nothing happened the first time.

I physically could not do your job. I have vertigo. I can work with dangerous animals or with machines that can rip your arm off, or a lathe that will brain you if you leave the chuck in... But I could NEVER be up that high, ever.
When I worked in aerospace, I was working nights and heard screaming from the machine shop. Ran over to find our machinist with his arm ripped off at the shoulder. We had him pinned while waiting for the paramedics. He had bypassed the safety and was hand polishing the inside of a cylinder barrel. He must have hit the high speed button and that was it. That was 10 years ago and it is burned in my memory.

wholy phuck man

I wokred for a Areospace/ Automotive /Global shop.
They got so freeked out about that" forgetting the chuck key" that we installed shields that wont let you run it until the ket was out.
100% safety baby.....(my ass)
Thank God for CNC Auto clamp 5 axis chucks..lol

Last edited:
It’s an acquired taste! Lol You just focus on the job at hand, and keep your head in the game, just like your job I’m sure. I’d be lying if I said we aren’t relieved upon landing. Nobody makes you go out though, and most of the time on reglazes we’ll need a few guys on the inside also.

When I worked in aerospace, I was working nights and heard screaming from the machine shop. Ran over to find our machinist with his arm ripped off at the shoulder. We had him pinned while waiting for the paramedics. He had bypassed the safety and was hand polishing the inside of a cylinder barrel. He must have hit the high speed button and that was it. That was 10 years ago and it is burned in my memory.
That’s horrible, man. That poor guy, and what a traumatic thing for you to witness. ALWAYS LOCK OUT!

After my experience, I dont doubt it for one second. We have automated assembly lines with huge chains on servomotors, and a dude got his arm ripped off at the elbow a couple years ago.

Grew up working in my Grandfather's music store as a teenager. Tech, Friday night musician, and exotic dancer throughout college. Veterinarian for 10 years. Retired due to top notch investments in tech (AMD, NVIDIA, Foundries) and real estate (after the 08 crash) over the last 15 years.

Looking to open a secondhand electronic/music/hotrod/videogame/motorcycle sales, customization, and repair shop with my husband locally by summer. Would eventually like to carry new instruments from local and other small US builders, as well as Japan down the road. Not too concerned about being profitable, just want a fun place for the community and something to do that I enjoy. I think it will also help with my hoarding of said items issues.

That all sounds bad ass. Way to crush it!

That’s horrible, man. That poor guy, and what a traumatic thing for you to witness. ALWAYS LOCK OUT!
Always, things happen so fast
After my experience, I dont doubt it for one second. We have automated assembly lines with huge chains on servomotors, and a dude got his arm ripped off at the elbow a couple years ago.
It’s sad to see someone go through something so traumatic and life changing because they thought “it’s no big deal, I do it all the time”

Always, things happen so fast

It’s sad to see someone go through something so traumatic and life changing because they thought “it’s no big deal, I do it all the time”

It's always in the back of my mind now though. And everytime I train someone, I make a point of telling them about Nate, who didn't make sure the automation line was emergency stopped.

Back