Taylor Hawkins has passed away

He shouldn't have been on the road, period....

Let alone Columbia, for Christ sake......
Begs the question how loose was he with his sobriety over the years and how many enablers was he surrounded with. Might of had a moment of weakness though and thought the hell with it, just a bump of the pure stuff, it's been ages.

Begs the question how loose was he with his sobriety over the years and how many enablers was he surrounded with. Might of had a moment of weakness though and thought the hell with it, just a bump of the pure stuff, it's been ages.
It's a shame Grhol put him on the road again. I guess he needed more money to donate to the Democratic party. I lay blame on him.

Yes this hits me hard. Lot of folks don’t know. I was in a coma for 2 weeks end last year. Death bed. 1 day found out I would been dead. 3 months later. I’m back to work. Swear to god I have zero memory the coma. All I wanted was family and friends. I really feel for him. Shits real. Expectation tag. Back your neck. No one knows it. But it’s there. Heart full love him and family. lol
so you don't remember me coming to see you? :sneaky:

so you don't remember me coming to see you? :sneaky:
I had one eye open peeking.
When I was in the hospital for 3 weeks end of last year. I had zero memory of the first 2. My stay was body was shutting down. No drugs. Quite a bit of alcohol abuse. Started as pancreatis. Then turned into c-diff. One long hellish nightmare. Looked like a pow refugee when I got out. Had to use a walker to get around. Lost so much. It effected my family greatly and I never want to get to that stage again.

The Columbian govt not gonna say a word about 99.9 % cocaine. I would bet my last dollar that`s what took him out. I`ve seen it happen before. All the other stuff they say was in his system was most likely nothing new to his body.

Some people think that examining how and why he died is in some way being disrespectful. I disagree. TH was a good drummer and seemed like a genuinely nice person. I never met him personally, so I don’t know. His death is a tragedy that could have been prevented had he made different choices.

His death is a reminder that choices have consequences. He chose to do hard drugs, and it ultimately killed him. The list of rock stars, or just musicians in general, is littered with too many people dying way too young bc of poor lifestyle choices. People sneer at the saying “just say no,” but Taylor would be alive today if had. I feel this needs to be said.

I leave a simple life. Comfortable. Work. Home. Tv. Not like I’m skid row. So it is the choice one makes. Never did hard drugs. So I’m only answering for drinking. It’s a bitch.
Starts at a gathering ‘hey have a wine cooler?’
Nahhhh I’m good. Next thing I know I’m face down on the floor at home.
It is horrible.

Some people think that examining how and why he died is in some way being disrespectful. I disagree. TH was a good drummer and seemed like a genuinely nice person. I never met him personally, so I don’t know. His death is a tragedy that could have been prevented had he made different choices.

His death is a reminder that choices have consequences. He chose to do hard drugs, and it ultimately killed him. The list of rock stars, or just musicians in general, is littered with too many people dying way too young bc of poor lifestyle choices. People sneer at the saying “just say no,” but Taylor would be alive today if had. I feel this needs to be said.
Hawkins would always put different stuff on his kick drum heads.....His last show he played a few days ago had " Foos Addiction" on it ...... what's in a name ??

His death makes watching their movie sadder . He was really funny in it . I keep watching their last shows . It will get that special stigma . I keep seeing the white wizards over and over . It’s linking them up in my brain

His death is a tragedy that could have been prevented had he made different choices.

His death is a reminder that choices have consequences. He chose to do hard drugs, and it ultimately killed him. The list of rock stars, or just musicians in general, is littered with too many people dying way too young bc of poor lifestyle choices.
Took the words right out of my mouth. All of my heroes that died of drugs and alcohol made a decision and we lost them.

I've never touched a drug and never even tried pot in my life. I wanted to be weird and crazy just because, not due to taking a drug. With that said, I drank in the military when I was younger and have high sugar because of loving candy and other sweets. There is a difference between me having a few beers and someone doing 10 different drugs whole on tour.

I'm not judging but just sucks when someone with a family and ton of money feels like having 10 different types of drugs at one time might be a fun idea.

Took the words right out of my mouth. All of my heroes that died of drugs and alcohol made a decision and we lost them.

I've never touched a drug and never even tried pot in my life. I wanted to be weird and crazy just because, not due to taking a drug. With that said, I drank in the military when I was younger and have high sugar because of loving candy and other sweets. There is a difference between me having a few beers and someone doing 10 different drugs whole on tour.

I'm not judging but just sucks when someone with a family and ton of money feels like having 10 different types of drugs at one time might be a fun idea.
I seriously doubt he lined all this stuff up at one time and ingested them. Some of these drugs stay in your system for extended periods. Pot, antidepressants……as an example.

This thread turned into a turd-fest. He dead. Show some respect. He lived his life how he chose to live and paid the price. His decision. Everyone weighing in with a personal opinion really means nothing. I’m not singling YOU out. Lots of strange off topic comments in here IMO.

This thread turned into a turd-fest. He dead. Show some respect. He lived his life how he chose to live and paid the price. His decision. Everyone weighing in with a personal opinion really means nothing. I’m not singling YOU out. Lots of strange off topic comments in here IMO.
There’s no disrespect in being honest and truthful about how and why he died. This isn’t his memorial wall for his grave side service or something. It’s an internet discussion board. He was a human being, like the rest of us. He was beautiful and flawed just like all of us. He was irreplaceable. He died because of the choices he made. It’s that simple. That doesn’t mean that he was a bad person or weak or any more sinful than the rest of us. I would argue that the way you are approaching it, not acknowledging reality, is turning a blind eye to what leads to the cause of deaths like this. That’s an enabling type mentality, IMO. A true friend stabs you in the front, not the back. Sometimes it’s in our best interests to hear things we don’t want to hear or that make us uncomfortable. I mean no disrespect to anyone, him or you.

I seriously doubt he lined all this stuff up at one time and ingested them. Some of these drugs stay in your system for extended periods. Pot, antidepressants……as an example.

I don't take what you are saying personally and appreciate your honesty about how you feel. According to the coroner's report, he did take it all together but who knows, could be proven incorrect.

I'm just frustrated with losing people to drugs. My kid is a recovering addict and her friend died of an overdose in 2018. I have nothing but respect and love for Taylor Hawkins. Just sad that in a moment, he's gone.

... and of course the emphasis on possible causes in this discussion might well have not been as strong had he not died at 50.

I think when someone passes it strikes certain chords personally to who reads it. Nothing wrong in discussing such. I never knew him. Just one someone said he was in a two week coma few years back it struck ‘my chord’ and could relate. Like many guys here can relate on things he lived.
Rip to him and best for his family.

Back