The Monomyth thread

Mmmmmmmmm .......junk steel.........

Marshall probably contracted out the Origin trafo's to the lowest bidder in some obscure Asian locale to try and keep the cost as low as possible.

However............

Ho - Lee - Fuk........do them damn transformers sound good. :inlove:

Total sleeper mod platform... as so eloquently demonstrated by our friends Mr Monomyth , and Mr Burger :rock:

Where I’ve traveled,”Junk Steel”..?
Means: “You can’t play pool with a rope”.
No worries like you said, I’ll stab out all night…

If it sounds good, it sounds good. If the transformer blows? Lots of good options out there from Marstran/Merren for some spot on vintage Marshall tone, if one wants to go that way. 200 bucks for a PT/OT.

So what settings are people rocking on their Skeleton Key these days? Below is the closest I can get to a plexi tone but with more gain...

Gain = 3 o'clock
Fire Switch = Middle
MVC = 1-2 o'clock
UFO Switch = Left
Scissors Switch = Left
Treble = Max
Middle = 1-2 o'clock
Bass = 1 o'clock
Presence = 1 o'clock
Thunder = Noon
Lightening Switch = Center

Last edited:
whats the difference between the mig and the marshall? am i crazy to thing the mig has more gain? Im hoping to get one of these around the end of the year.

I really like the iPhone clip of the modified Mig on your YT channel. Sounds great. I could literally keep the amp set to that sound and play anything from classic rock to modern metal without touching a knob.

I think he told me he had to basically redo the entire preamp or something to that affect. I was wondering why the migs weren't a popular mod platform. Really surprised by the origin love these days. It seems like Jason T. was the first person I've saw take a crack at it now everyone is modding them

I think he told me he had to basically redo the entire preamp or something to that affect. I was wondering why the migs weren't a popular mod platform. Really surprised by the origin love these days. It seems like Jason T. was the first person I've saw take a crack at it now everyone is modding them

Migs are fairly common as mod platforms. I see a lot of them.

If it sounds good, it sounds good. If the transformer blows? Lots of good options out there from Marstran/Merren for some spot on vintage Marshall tone, if one wants to go that way. 200 bucks for a PT/OT.
Merren is worse than Dave King :LOL:

My SD60 ships this week. It’s been a year almost; but I’m getting the amp.
You wanna talk wait times? How about Larry; 3+ years now for some. I know of a guitar builder that quotes 2-3 months; guys have been waiting 2 years now.
Could be far worse.
Both of them better than merren. He wont even answer the phone or emails. Mitch Colby/ Germino quit using him because of that

My SD60 ships this week. It’s been a year almost; but I’m getting the amp.
You wanna talk wait times? How about Larry; 3+ years now for some. I know of a guitar builder that quotes 2-3 months; guys have been waiting 2 years now.
Could be far worse.
I am so interested in Naylor cause everyone who's taste I appreciate speaks highly of them.

Back