The Monomyth thread

1981 Marshall JCM 800 2204 with the Black Sun mod.

6550 power section
Active Metro loop
Push / pull on the preamp for voicing
Blood switch
Black Sun Depth / Voicing

IWBoz02l.jpeg

LyizWofl.jpeg

Finally a thread that will surely have some good subject matter.

Would it be a hassle Shea to get a quick break down of the “blood & thunder” and black sun mod? I assuming both are high gain plexi mods?

Thanks

hstlaurent":2hbyyqiz said:
So, what is the Black Sun mod?

The mod uses the Jose master but deviates from the norm and has some very unique voicing options in the preamp / power amp that are switchable, the end result gives the option of how you want the amp to feel/ behave, it has lots of frequencies available straight in so no boost pedal is needed, it chugs and sounds like a Marshall.

Metlupass2":22xc1aaq said:
Maybe you could get your own sub forum that way this won't get lost.
Yea, maybe replace some of the crap currently there that nobody posts under.

bhuard75":txn0qbeh said:
Finally a thread that will surely have some good subject matter.

Would it be a hassle Shea to get a quick break down of the “blood & thunder” and black sun mod? I assuming both are high gain plexi mods?

Thanks

No problem, the post above explains the black sun mod pretty well.

I think the friedman circuits are great and that Dave very much deserves his success, I've always liked the be mods but prefer much more gain / frequencies available. When he released the Butterslax It was my favorite to date, it had the same voicings of a be100 with a different MV placement that added a lot more gain,being a big Mastodon / Kelliher I tweaked the circuit and looked into amps he was previously playing which were 800 circuits with an added gain stage up front, all of these ingredients made the "Blood and Thunder" which is the first track of Leviathan. Im not doing this mod at the moment because I'm on to other things, I think the slax is a killer high gain circuit you guys should buy one if available.

Cool. I have checked your site out a couple times and curious how it works. Do you get an amp, fix it up and sell it or do people send you amps to mod or some combination?

I've thought about getting an old Marshal (of some flavor) and having it updated some way. What's you process?

stratjacket":25km9bu9 said:
Cool. I have checked your site out a couple times and curious how it works. Do you get an amp, fix it up and sell it or do people send you amps to mod or some combination?

I've thought about getting an old Marshal (of some flavor) and having it updated some way. What's you process?

Im not accepting mods at the moment, I'm sorting out a list of people who have been proactive about getting work done, I'm going to use this thread to basically give the thumbs up for accepting mods, big cartel is done for me, they've installed new tax policies that I do not consent which harm buyers, Im going to be using this forum and youtube as the launchpad for available amps I source myself, the reason I prefer sourcing myself is to have more freedom and time to play with the circuit, theres no stress and lots of time to think about what would be best for the particular amp, I like doing variations also. Ill be posting my first one off amp in the rt classifieds section very soon, these amps will be attainable for you guys.

VproYiAl.jpeg

kuAvALql.jpeg

Shea... I wish you nothing but the best moving forward!!!!!! My buddy just borrowed mine to track an album. My 50w is waiting for its vacation so hit me up when your ready. :rock: :rock: Nothing for nothing bro but there are a lot of modders AND builders that could learn from you.
No drama is no drama!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Monomyth":1xrhuqje said:
Im not accepting mods at the moment, I'm sorting out a list of people who have been proactive about getting work done, I'm going to use this thread to basically give the thumbs up for accepting mods, big cartel is done for me, they've installed new tax policies that I do not consent which harm buyers, Im going to be using this forum and youtube as the launchpad for available amps I source myself, the reason I prefer sourcing myself is to have more freedom and time to play with the circuit, theres no stress and lots of time to think about what would be best for the particular amp, I like doing variations also. Ill be posting my first one off amp in the rt classifieds section very soon, these amps will be attainable for you guys.

Stand up guy right here :yes:

:rock:

Shea is good people. Great communication, fast service. Super easy to deal with. Like many of you I've had a bunch of modded Marshalls from all the main guys...Cameron, Friedman, Fortin, Gower, FJA, Golub, Voodoo, Lee Jackson etc etc. All were really good to amazing, the Cameron Marshalls being the best...until the Monomyth showed up 2 weeks after sending it. It has everything I could want in a modded Marshall..tight if you want it, all the gain you could ever need, and it cleans up with the guitar volume amazingly well. It can get thick like Mesa thick if you want..great clarity and the best part might be the feel..great touch sensitivity.
I can say in all honesty that this Black Sun 2204 has completely cured my Marshall GAS. Except for maybe finding a 100w version...2 can be better than one....
:thumbsup:

Back