Rockinchippy 2022 Cameron Amps Rig Rundown

Maybe I should change it back to 'a bunch of stuff'. Lol
Please don't. I find it interesting and also useful - a number of times I've reached out to someone via PM with a specific question. There's no better source of info than actual users.

I am honestly sad about some of the guys here who have exceptional, rare stuff and feel they have to keep it quiet. I personally love hearing about great, unique pieces even if it's stuff I'll never be able to have or try.
Man I really hope this doesn't happen too often, kinda sucks. If you can't come to RT and talk about cool high end shit where are you going to go?

The forum title is rig talk.

My signature is a list of… well… my rig.

I have signatures turned on because I like knowing what other people have especially if it’s in a topic about something they own. It matters
Exactly! Seems there's a lot of OT threads around so more talking of rigs is very welcome in my book. Doesn't have to be high-end stuff at all - I'm more than happy to read about someone's JCM900 NAD if they're really digging it and just want to share.

I have signatures turned on because I like knowing what other people have especially if it’s in a topic about something they own. It matters
Exactly, they say sharing is caring lol. I go back and forth with having my sig and not having it. I don’t wanna come off douche-y or seem obnoxious by taking up so much space (even with the smallest font lol), but at least I made more friends than haters with it and I’d guess those who care already remember anyway

Last edited:
The lore of all this Cameron shit is what draws people to all these posts , whether this dude is jerking himself off on the video doesn’t matter , any title on any forum with Cameron in it is getting traction no matter what . We all feed into the bs because of the lore around those amps both the good and the bad . We are all chasing the “tone dragon “ and Cameron is and probably will be always in that top area due to scarcity and the story behind it . Same shit with Jones tone chasers and blue face vh4s just less drama . I’m not down with ripping people off or being a scumbag but I’m a honest enough person that if I had the chance to buy a Cameron amp for under 3k I probably would just put of curiosity based on what’s said . We all feed into the machine and lore that is Cameron amps . So we should all stop bitching about it and take it for what it is . Just my opinion

Marsa nor Gluke (HRI owners) were not happy that the forum started getting taken over by Pete Thorn and John Suhr basically shilling new gear, if I remember correctly.

I remember they been hit by the Vertex shitstorm, which was their close friend, and had a paid banner for years. Probably paid with the fake wah :D

Does anyone know what Rockchippy does for a living? Just curious.... Anyone who can buy 8 Cameron amps (+ many others) must have a lot of coin!
I have watched a few of his vids. He is polite and well spoken. He does seem to be showing off his gear but that's what we want to see no?
Yeah he seems to be a Phil Collin worshipper and when he plays guitar, doesn't really dig in and is sterile but i just want check out the tone anyway so couldn't care less about his talent.

WTF???
All that talk and we don't get to hear any of them, much less all of them?
FAIL
I can't say I blame him for getting them, I'd buy one in a second used if I could bypass the BS, and not deal directly with mark. I still salivate over Dave's 20 year old (or whenever it was) Cameron clip with the red superstrat. One of the best tones Ive ever heard.. I really could care less wether or not everyone approves :giggle:
Id be willing to bet a lot of people here would do the same if they plugged in and it was the tone they had not been able to get from the other 20 amps they had gotten that were close but no cigar

Last edited:

now I feel like i need to change my sig lol

The crazy thing about all these modded amps is that a superlead and or park or laney nmv with a pedal will destroy them but not without the volume.
I’d agree with this except the Laney; only tried the AOR stuff and they were just ok.
But yes, had I tried a stock vintage SL long ago I would have saved a ton of cash.

WTF???
All that talk and we don't get to hear any of them, much less all of them?
FAIL
I can't say I blame him for getting them, I'd buy one in a second used if I could bypass the BS, and not deal directly with mark. I still salivate over Dave's 20 year old (or whenever it was) Cameron clip with the red superstrat. One of the best tones Ive ever heard.. I really could care less wether or not everyone approves :giggle:
Id be willing to bet a lot of people here would do the same if they plugged in and it was the tone they had not been able to get from the other 20 amps they had gotten that were close but no cigar
Be jealous everyone.. a Cameron Stereo Rig

The lore of all this Cameron shit is what draws people to all these posts , whether this dude is jerking himself off on the video doesn’t matter , any title on any forum with Cameron in it is getting traction no matter what . We all feed into the bs because of the lore around those amps both the good and the bad . We are all chasing the “tone dragon “ and Cameron is and probably will be always in that top area due to scarcity and the story behind it . Same shit with Jones tone chasers and blue face vh4s just less drama . I’m not down with ripping people off or being a scumbag but I’m a honest enough person that if I had the chance to buy a Cameron amp for under 3k I probably would just put of curiosity based on what’s said . We all feed into the machine and lore that is Cameron amps . So we should all stop bitching about it and take it for what it is . Just my opinion

this basically sums it up. Curiosity got the best of me after reading these same threads for almost 20 years.

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Def Leppard are pleased to announce that for the final date of the 2022 Stadium Tour, they will be performing an all RockinChippy setlist. Please note that in true RockinChippy fashion, only 30 seconds from each song will be played. No refunds.

- Rock charade
- Bringin' on the Doug Aldrich heartbreak
- High 'n' Dry Cameron customers (except me)
- Me & my eight Camerons
- Not Foolin' Doug Aldrich
- Amp! shop! (Till you drop)
- Photograph my mancave
- Chippy's got a CCV (or three)
- Pour some circuit goop on me
- Armageddon more Camerons
- NAMM show Hysteria
- Have you ever needed a ninth Cameron so bad
- Make love like a manchild

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Def Leppard are pleased to announce that for the final date of the 2022 Stadium Tour, they will be performing an all RockinChippy setlist. Please note that in true RockinChippy fashion, only 30 seconds from each song will be played. No refunds.

- Rock charade
- Bringin' on the Doug Aldrich heartbreak
- High 'n' Dry Cameron customers (except me)
- Me & my eight Camerons
- Not Foolin' Doug Aldrich
- Amp! shop! (Till you drop)
- Photograph my mancave
- Chippy's got a CCV (or three)
- Pour some circuit goop on me
- Armageddon more Camerons
- NAMM show Hysteria
- Have you ever needed a ninth Cameron so bad
- Make love like a manchild

HAHAHAHA

Does anyone know what Rockchippy does for a living? Just curious.... Anyone who can buy 8 Cameron amps (+ many others) must have a lot of coin!
I have watched a few of his vids. He is polite and well spoken. He does seem to be showing off his gear but that's what we want to see no?
Yeah he seems to be a Phil Collin worshipper and when he plays guitar, doesn't really dig in and is sterile but i just want check out the tone anyway so couldn't care less about his talent.
Check out his IG Page it's full of 80's Guitar Worship & 80's Signature Guitars and Amps. The Whole Page is Basically Devoted only to the 80's.

I mean, I wish they were in the hands of someone who actually played, instead of a YouTube shill

But we have to accept that our hobby has been coopted by posers and casuals :dunno:

Sad

Back