Best sounding ENGL amp demos/recordings?

I misremembered—it was Silenoz who wrote what they used on Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia. Here's what he said:
Ok. Wow . He must have an endorsement later so he said rectifier in the magazine . It was using rectifier on the tour . What’s the hell is the Boss . A rack ?

Ok. Wow . He must have an endorsement later so he said rectifier in the magazine . It was using rectifier on the tour . What’s the hell is the Boss . A rack ?
I think they used a boosted Dual Rectifier on the Peter Tägtgren produced records that preceded PEM (i.e. EDT and SBD).

The Boss is a preamp and effects processor. I believe the most well known users were Bolt Thrower.

Last edited:
I think they used a boosted Dual Rectifier on the Peter Tägtgren produced records that preceded PEM (i.e. EDT and SBD).

The Boss a preamp and effects processor. I believe the most well known users were Bolt Thrower.

Pretty cool info

I’d say the savage 120 was used almost as much as the 5150 on anything that came out of studio fredman during those days….. soulwork had them all over their records prior to natural born chaos.

I’ll throw a throwback into the mix, one of the heaviest sounds I had ever heard at the time. But this is all savage 120 I believe. I chased that sound for years.

Well we can all agree Silenoz knows how to get a great tone . And I’ll say this Misanthropic thing s to me the best production ever

Well we can all agree Silenoz knows how to get a great tone . And I’ll say this Misanthropic thing s to me the best production ever

Agreed 100 percent. That record is the fucking antithesis of the soft, safe, no edge mixes of today. I can not believe they remixed this, it’s by far my most hated remix of all time. That album was absolutely fucking perfect, sounded perfect, everything.

I believe Rhapsody of Fire used Fireball First Gen's and ENGL SE E670's on all their releases after 2011. At least that's what they were touring with since that time. Their tone was mind bogglingly heavy live. Heavier than death metal bands I've seen in the same venue. I'm still trying to track down an E670 after all these years o_O

Agreed 100 percent. That record is the fucking antithesis of the soft, safe, no edge mixes of today. I can not believe they remixed this, it’s by far my most hated remix of all time. That album was absolutely fucking perfect, sounded perfect, everything.
A true masterpiece .Btw what did you think of the Dying Fetus tone above? I love it

Fredman said it was a 50/50 blend of Savage and Boss GX-700, believe it or not. You can see the Savage in studio footage from that era, and Silzenoz had several GX-700s in his live rig.

Necgrophagist's albums are Engl classics. This one was the rare E860 rackhead.

This is what I've heard. Pretty much everything that came out of Fredman 98-2001 had a Savage on it.

Thanks so much guys! This is turning into a cool resource of ENGL tones. So far the Choptones demos sound best to me. Also digging @Guitarjon 's ENGL tones.

That said, before I started this thread, I felt like I was missing something with ENGL tones but I'm pretty convinced I just don't vibe that much with them. Euge's demos summed it up for me - I love the sound of his playing, but I didn't like the tones as what he gets with other amps. There was one where he flipped to his Marshall and it reminded me of what I was missing. I think it works quite well for the powermetally sounding stuff, its kind of classic and modern at the same time
Ya gotta like that guy. Really good player and quite the character.
His vid made me buy a Jubilee. And my Mesas made me sell it. :LOL:

Last edited:
I’d say the savage 120 was used almost as much as the 5150 on anything that came out of studio fredman during those days….. soulwork had them all over their records prior to natural born chaos.

I’ll throw a throwback into the mix, one of the heaviest sounds I had ever heard at the time. But this is all savage 120 I believe. I chased that sound for years.

I Really like this song. do they always have 2 vocalist? It seems i'm going down the Darkane Rabit hole when i get home from work.

Back