John5 first show with Crue..

C'mon PLX, I know you wanna sniff his pits.🤢
giphy.gif

Well that was not fun to listen to, pretty bad audio too, I don’t know if I’d judge the guitar tone from that video. I’m not taking up for MC at all, I wouldn’t pay to see that.

to be honest im not sure what mick sounded like this past summer tour where they got embarrassed by Poison every night, i couldnt hear the guitars over the drums and back up singers in any video and most reviews i saw of people actually there said the same thing

Let me qualify my thoughts…. John 5 could play circles around me technique wise.

With that said. There is no soul in his playing in the Motley clips. Yes, he is playing the correct notes, but there is no swing or groove. It just sounds clinical. Compounding the issues is the fact that he has no ass end on his tone. It’s fucking Motley Crue. The guitars are supposed to sound huge.

It’s also scary to realize the Tommy Lee is not driving a groove. That is his entire job. Apparently Mick was the entire groove and meat of Motley Crue.

I didn‘t listen but MC sounds terrible here. As historically a reliable statement as “the sun will come out tomorrow”.

Last edited:
Tim Henson would have been the better choice for guitar imo :dunno: He would shred those songs, looks the part, would ass some youthful spizazz, bring some younger chicks around that may inspire the rest of the band

I saw Motley Crue open for Ozzy on the Bark At The Moon tour, that was the first concert I ever went to as a kid and seeing them - and Ozzy with Jake -blew my mind. For years Vince has been awful live and now without Mick there'd be no reason for me to want to see them, especially after seeing this latest footage.

I saw Motley Crue open for Ozzy on the Bark At The Moon tour, that was the first concert I ever went to as a kid and seeing them - and Ozzy with Jake -blew my mind. For years Vince has been awful live and now without Mick there'd be no reason for me to want to see them, especially after seeing this latest footage.

Great 80s memories

Never saw them when they were young and never wanted to.

I cared for about 5 minutes when I bought Shout at the Devil, and then I was quickly over it.
🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

Back